WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need volunteers to help me with cam install

2 posters

Go down

I need volunteers to help me with cam install Empty I need volunteers to help me with cam install

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 pm

My parents were kind enough to send me some of my parts left over from my old 99 GT, in the box is my stock PI cams and I have decided that I want to put them in the 98 for a little boost until I can the motor done. But I need a good place and some hands to help me do it. Anybody game? Did I mention beer/pizza will be on me? :^drunk^:

Back to top Go down

I need volunteers to help me with cam install Empty Re: I need volunteers to help me with cam install

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:25 pm

i'd help, but i don't know the first thing about it!

Back to top Go down

I need volunteers to help me with cam install Empty Re: I need volunteers to help me with cam install

Post by Krutch21 Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:18 am

We can Do it at the Mike Stroud Mustang clinic!!
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:32 am

Be thankfull you don't have to degree them...
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:02 am

I can throw them in for you in a few hours. PM me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:37 am

oxfordgt wrote:I can throw them in for you in a few hours. PM me.

You should take a trip up to Michigan to do mine! lol Do you think I really need to pay my machine shop to degree my 2.5 blower cams? They want to charge me 200-300. Or can I install them just like regular cams? Cushman says "it would be best if" but didn't elaborate. Worst thing in the world would be to loose 10hp from such an expensive mod.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:28 pm

There is no need to degree them. The cushman cams are designed to be installed straight up. Degreeing them is only good for moving the powerband up or down. They are not like the crapy comp cams that have to be degreed just to clear the pistons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:51 pm

oxfordgt wrote:There is no need to degree them. The cushman cams are designed to be installed straight up. Degreeing them is only good for moving the powerband up or down. They are not like the crapy comp cams that have to be degreed just to clear the pistons.

As always, You're always my Tech hero.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:33 pm

Well crap! I took a good look at the cams and they are pretty tore up, looks like my brother got ahold of them and used them god knows what. I really want to find a set of PI cams to put in, so anybody here knows where there are a couple let me know. Otherwise this will have to wait until I can find some. Thanks for the offer of help Oxford I will get with you when I get this squared away and ready to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:24 pm

I have a set of PI cams out of a motor I just finished building.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:43 pm

oxfordgt wrote:I have a set of PI cams out of a motor I just finished building.

Dang that is lucky, how much do you want for them? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:54 pm

$40. They are windsor cams so they have the pressed on cam gears.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Snag those up!
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:02 pm

oxfordgt wrote:$40. They are windsor cams so they have the pressed on cam gears.

You got yourself a deal, when do you want to do this? And what all am I going to need to install these (other than gaskets)? :^drunk^:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:07 pm

Give me a time and date and I will meet you. No new gaskets needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:36 pm

oxfordgt wrote:Give me a time and date and I will meet you. No new gaskets needed.
Will saturday work for you? And your still down to help me put these in right, last cam I did was in my old Fox, I had a shop do my last mod motor cam install (I had phear of the mod motor LOL).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:40 pm

I'll do it but this is my side job and my wife won't let me do free work. I used to do free work all the time but when I needed help from others noone was there so she makes me stick by this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:42 pm

A mod motor is easier to work on then a push rod it just takes more time to get things done Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:42 pm

oxfordgt wrote:I'll do it but this is my side job and my wife won't let me do free work. I used to do free work all the time but when I needed help from others noone was there so she makes me stick by this.

Ok so what would I be looking at, I want to learn how to do it honestly so I expect to wrench as well. But if you have to charge let me know how much and we will work out the details. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:50 pm

$200 with you helping, $300 on my own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:53 pm

OK that will work I will buy the cams this week and we can install them next weekend. PM me your contact info so we can meet up and I can get the cams. I'm gonna try and scavenge an intake so I can do it at the same time. Thanks alot man. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Too bad I just sold my last PI intake to ljwhite174. I'll see what I can dig up for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down