WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEAR INSTALL

2 posters

Go down

GEAR INSTALL Empty GEAR INSTALL

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Hey guys I don't know if any of you need this done but I am in the market for a set of gears and TLOK for my V6 and was referred to a guy in White House Tn. I here he is pretty good and has had great success with installing gears in mustangs. I am currently saving up money for the install but figured I would let you guys know of his prices. He said his shop cost are $225 regardless of the gears you are having installed and so far the price that he has quoted me for gears, TLOK, oil, bearing kit plus install I can't buy the stuff for that cheap! So maybe he is worth giving a call.
Mr. Sunroof

His number is 615-977-5448(Dan)

Back to top Go down

GEAR INSTALL Empty Re: GEAR INSTALL

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:47 pm

WOW!!! That's a cheap price if it's including everything.. Most gear sets run for the price you stated alone, not including install. I haven't heard of them but do now some people in White House area that could ask around..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:04 pm

the total price he quoted me for gears,oil,tlok,bearing kit and install was $650 but he said he has specials sometimes. He also said you can bring your own stuff and he will install at his shop price of $225

Last edited by normajean on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:14 pm

normajean wrote:the total price he quoted me for gears,oil,tlok, and install was $650 but he said he has specials sometimes. He also said you can bring your own stuff and he will install at his shop price of $225

That is a great price for install on gears. A lot of places anymore want $400+.

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangrn Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Town and Country Ford quoted me $800 for gears. I am still under warranty and I am leary about voiding it. But that sounds like a great deal.

I didn't know who you were until I saw "Mr. Sunroof". Where u been? Haven't seen you in while.
mustangrn
mustangrn
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 554
Humor : Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics!!
My Ride/Rides: : 2007 Grabber Orange Mustang GT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:47 am

Hey mustangrn, congrats on the Car of the Month. I really like that color. I've been really busy and every time I planned on heading that way something came up. I look forward to seeing you guys when it warms up a little I just hate the cold weather. Can't wait to see you all and your beautiful cars soon! Oh and if I get my gears done soon I will post to let you guys know if everything is good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:14 am

I've been thinking of going one step (or two) lower on my green Thunderbird. I don't even know for sure what ratio I have. I'm thinking maybe 3.08 or 2.73 after some looking around on the web... in which case going to a 3.27 should be a definite improvement.
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:14 pm

Yeah my 2001 v6 stang comes stock with 3:27 for the 7.5 rear end. It has some get up and go but my 20" wheels probably has a little something to do with that. But before I put the wheels on it still wasn't all that peppy. My friends stock 2004 Toyota Solara would leave me smelling his exhaust. I travel the hwy a lot and was told the 3:73's would be a good fit for me. Hope they do the job! Laughing

Back to top Go down

GEAR INSTALL Empty Very pleased with him!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:42 am

normajean wrote:Hey guys I don't know if any of you need this done but I am in the market for a set of gears and TLOK for my V6 and was referred to a guy in White House Tn. I here he is pretty good and has had great success with installing gears in mustangs. I am currently saving up money for the install but figured I would let you guys know of his prices. He said his shop cost are $225 regardless of the gears you are having installed and so far the price that he has quoted me for gears, TLOK, oil, bearing kit plus install I can't buy the stuff for that cheap! So maybe he is worth giving a call.
Mr. Sunroof

His number is 615-977-5448(Dan)

I have used Dan to install my 3.73 gears. I have been to the track a few times since 06' and I have no problems with them at all. No whining or groaning noises. I would use him for sure. His price is great compared to others. He has a little shop or at least he did but he will shoot you straight! Good luck!

Have you bought your gears already? I used a local place to buy mine and bearing kit. If you need the number or any one else let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:00 pm

Thanks for the confidence because I here gears are nothing that you want half done. I haven't purchased anything yet because while doing some research I found I was coming out cheaper letting him get it all himself. Nice to know that you have had success also, If everything works out as planned I am going to get it done in December. :*burnout*:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down