WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shady in Army

+4
Krutch21
GearedRed6
phrostygurl
Shady
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shady in Army - Page 2 Empty Re: Shady in Army

Post by Wolvee Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:46 pm

They can waver anything.... Even failing asvab scores, lol.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:27 pm

well they said they usually don't have problem doing a single waiver as long as you have a asvab score of 60+ but typically a double waiver is not allowed...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:00 am

What AF MOS did you get?
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:57 pm

go to see the recruiter tomorrow and start on the paperwork and MOS and everything

Shady
Admin

Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:22 pm

A few ideas for you.

Legal,
Admin,
Anything Dental,
SMART MECHANICS, Radar repair etc...(This does not include truck mechanics or Track Mechs) [these mos's deploy a lot]
Medic (this field gives you the option to be hard core if you like and be a part of Airborn infantry)

You may choose to get out in 4-6 years but please choose an MOS that crosses over into high paying civilian jobs or something that's going to keep you happy for 20+ years till retirement.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:57 pm

yeah thats why i didn't go infantry because i want something that applies to the real world, and unless i'm gonna be a hitman infantry isn't gonna help

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:29 pm

Well Shady, things are sure looking good for you and the misses! Congrats!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboy kyle Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:24 am

ull have to let us know when u grad from bct and ait ill show up and im sure more ppl will to

cowboy kyle
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 88
Humor : quit laughin because i am a tick tack
My Ride/Rides: : 1994 mustang gt red

http://myspace.com/countrytruckman84

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:32 pm

any updates on it?? We had Radar Repair MOS's at Fort Jackson, so you could end up there. Lucky you approve However if you do end up there, you'll see that South Carolina is quite litterally mustang country.

Like I said before, I don't care what the recruiters tell you, don't lie about ANY THING medical at MEPS, if you do it will screw you.

Airforce IS better as far as money wise and I've been told by a number of people that basic is easier. More running, but less physical labor I guess. However, Army has a bigger variety of jobs that coencide with civilian life as well. And if you're gonna go army, its better to stay in and retire if possible. Its pretty much the only way you make some real money.

Don't worry, basic is actually a lot of fun. Reception sucks ass, and is probably the thing that will break you the most. Its only a week or so, you can do it. Once you get in to actual basic training, you'll see your days fly right by and you quickly fall in to the military routine.

A lot of drill seargents are assholes, but remember to always call adheise, stand at parade rest, and DON'T TALK WITH YOUR HANDS!!! Thats one thing I never got used to. LOL. Also even though some are complete dicks their are others who are truly inspiring and actually manage to make you feel good about yourself. Those are the ones to really listen to because their words will get you through even the roughest of days.

Try not to be noticed unless you're volunteering to be a demonstrator. They like that a lot.

Cough drops are your crack

The food isn't horrible but its really not worth standing in line for either. LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:32 pm

oh yeah, and don't be that idiot that falls asleep during fireguard! You'll know what I mean later Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:51 pm

well i'm still going through all the paperwork with AF... I filled out my job app and everything and they finally have my credit report and background checks done. I leave for florida tomorrow at noon and as soon as i get back i have to start filling out my waivers and what not... i talked to my army recruiter today and he is actually excited i am postphoning things to check into the airforce because it shows them that i am looking for what is best for my family and "showing them characteristics that they like to see in their recruits"... Hopefully will have a better update when i get back from florida (May 3rd)

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:35 pm

well finally after 3 months of waiting i had my first interview today with my recruiter's boss! He was very impressed and gave everything his approval so now it moves up to the commander (apparently the guy in charge of all their recruiting in Michigan) i guess i have to do an interview with him and then its on to the physical and finally sign!

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:00 pm

well we are still wihing thebest ofluck to ya. so stay at it.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:13 am

Sweet!
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2