WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank you for March Madness

+9
AutumnsFlame
phrostygurl
ljwhite174
Black On Black
WNRacing
mustangrn
steves04cobra
BraMas
393Bird
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thank you for March Madness - Page 2 Empty Re: Thank you for March Madness

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:47 am

mustangrn wrote:Really sad I'm going to miss the next 3, I can't imagine how great it's going to be by the time I get back.

We are all going to miss you. It was fun racen next to you on SAT. The second run we had together was the best. I am so going to miss you. Racen the guys are ok but I guess when I am next to anouther girl I feel it fair because we have about the same experance in racen.
Hugs chicky and I hope to see you sat.

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangrn Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:37 am

You guys are making it hard to leave. So ya'll just start saving up and make a Wildhorses trip to Germany.
mustangrn
mustangrn
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 554
Humor : Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics!!
My Ride/Rides: : 2007 Grabber Orange Mustang GT

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:40 am

There is going to be 2 already out there
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 123
My Name: : Steve
My Ride/Rides: : 2004, Cobra, moron
Mods: : K&N CAI, 2.93" pully, Dyno tunned, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M shifter, Flowmaster exuast,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Ya aside from the weather it was a very good turn out, The tire rides up and down the track were funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:52 pm

WNRacing wrote:
Too_Nuts wrote:No..! Outlaw class only. A drag radial aint a slick. He was running slicks, its just part of the rules and should been caught at tech. There was a tech right?

Yeah, I agree.. There were a few cars there that definitely weren't "Street legal" but I didn't mind that nearly as much as how badly they lined us up at the end. Would have been much better had they lined us up with closer cometetitors. lol

Tell me about it, I lined up with that low 7 second black T/A with slicks, and I actually won. Too bad I red-lighted and lost!!

Back to top Go down

Post by WNRacing Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:42 pm

1BAD3V wrote:
WNRacing wrote:
Too_Nuts wrote:No..! Outlaw class only. A drag radial aint a slick. He was running slicks, its just part of the rules and should been caught at tech. There was a tech right?

Yeah, I agree.. There were a few cars there that definitely weren't "Street legal" but I didn't mind that nearly as much as how badly they lined us up at the end. Would have been much better had they lined us up with closer cometetitors. lol

Tell me about it, I lined up with that low 7 second black T/A with slicks, and I actually won. Too bad I red-lighted and lost!!

LOL, well I had to race TJ.. .....At least I beat him off the line. :*woohoo*:

The shoulda let me race the Tiburon! hahahahhahahahaaa! :*trans1*:
WNRacing
WNRacing
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 431
My Name: : Evan
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 Mustang GT,
2003 Mercury Mountaineer,
2003 Stratus R/T *Sold*
Mods: : I've got a few..

Back to top Go down

Post by ljwhite174 Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:44 pm

lol i would have rather raced TJ they put me againest the low 7s white T/A with drags on it, once he left i gave up
ljwhite174
ljwhite174
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 501
Humor : I wonder if that honda burns white or fried rice???
My Name: : larry
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 white GT vert
Mods: : none yet

https://www.facebook.com/wildhorses.clarksvilletnchapter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:33 pm

LOL just cause a tire is bald doesnt make it a slick. There is a complete difference between a drag radial and a slick. Only car that had a real slick was the red and black firehawk. Even the truck and green camaro had drag radial. There was some guys in Outlaw class using them. And yes it makes a difference or I would not own 2 sets of slicks and a set of drag radials. If there is a event June I will tech if there are no objections?

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:42 pm

Thanks you TN crew I had a blast and my daughter is trying to talk me into moving lol lol .... My drive home was PERFECT !!! sunshine and clear skies the entire way, no traffic . I could not have asked for anything more !!! Can't waiut to see yall all again real soon
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 418
Humor : Im PHROSTY for a reason ... but yall know you LUV me !!!! lol
My Name: : PHROSTY
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 GT Black and yes she is so sexxxy

http://www.myspace.com/phrostygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:20 am

phrostygurl wrote:Thanks you TN crew I had a blast and my daughter is trying to talk me into moving lol lol .... My drive home was PERFECT !!! sunshine and clear skies the entire way, no traffic . I could not have asked for anything more !!! Can't waiut to see yall all again real soon

We enjoyed having you here. Keira and Italk about how much we have in common with you. Keira says to tell EMM Hi! Well I am so glad you stay the extra because it gave us time to get to know you and enjoy the day together.

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnsFlame Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:55 am

I dont know much about racing, other than I did it on the streets 25 yrs ago with my ex boyfriends roadrunner.
Like Eddie stated several times over the loudspeaker... be patient this is a learning experience for us. I applaud him for doing an EXCELLENT job organizing this event from start to finish.
As far as the truck.. its done, its over. I didnt get worked up until I heard the "kids" standing next to me stating..."That mustang will be wiping that trucks a$$ with its front bumper if he can catch it"..."He (the truck) knows how to play the system"..."Id like to feel sorry for the mustang"
I thank God I maintained my dignity throughout listening to the slam on a fellow Wildhorse member.
Please explain to me... what is the difference: Is it fair to run nitrous against a CAI? Supercharger against a stock...etc...etc...etc...you get the gest. They are all legal on the street.
My daddy brought me up telling me: have a blast on what you do, make sure its legal (1/2 my reletives are state troopers), dont worry about the other person, hold your head high as long as you did your best.

AutumnsFlame
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 90
Humor : Raising a teenager is like nailing jelly to a wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Yes nitrous is fair so is a blower vs even NA cars.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:10 pm

Nitrous is def not cheating, and no i didnt even go through one 10 pound bottle at the track last weekend... I switch them up to hold good bottle pressure... I only spray a 150 shot to my car....! But thanks again for the good turnout! Also The first race against the cobalt i only stumbled because i thought we was running on pro tree, because thats we qualified on, so it had me shook up lol :*drive*:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:14 pm

By the way there is a KOS at I-57 this friday night!

Back to top Go down

Post by streetstang01 Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Big thanks to Karen and Eddy. The waether looked bleak but yet you kept everyone focused on trying to move the event forward and we somehow managed to pull something out the hat. Big thanks to all the members of the club who were there and help out to support the event. Maybe next year we can have sunshine and warm weather to have the biggest turnout ever
streetstang01
streetstang01
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnsFlame Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Please dont get me wrong... by no means am I saying Nitrous is cheating. I was asking for the difference in racing with each car package so to speak. I realise it is all how you prepare your car. On the street I raced a 69 roadrunner against a 71 camaro at the 1/4 mile road. I made the camaro whimper. I am trying to see how they line things up now. Is it by times? by what you have under the hood?... I am basically just asking for advice on this topic.

AutumnsFlame
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:47 pm

This is a never ending quest of every orginizer to try and stage fair and balanced races. This is why most events are either heads up or straight bracket racing. I myself hated to see TJ having to run a flat out bracket monster in his semi final but I did get to see the paperwork on each and every car and if it hadn't been done the way it was there would have been alot less racing.. And win lose or draw we (and the fans) want to see as much racing as can be crammed into any event. I spent the entire race from the lanes next to the tree and every team member that came up and staged their driver or just came up to get a closer look was pleased with how it was run, there only complaint was the slick track which they all knew was going to be bad due to the rain and cold temps. If you ever wanted to see what a headache this can really be you need to watch an episode of Pinks all out behind the scenes and really see what a nightmare this can become.

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnsFlame Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:16 pm

TY for clarifying it. I have the video of TJ and the truck... TJ beat him off the post.

AutumnsFlame
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Ruffnuts wrote:This is a never ending quest of every orginizer to try and stage fair and balanced races. This is why most events are either heads up or straight bracket racing. I myself hated to see TJ having to run a flat out bracket monster in his semi final but I did get to see the paperwork on each and every car and if it hadn't been done the way it was there would have been alot less racing.. And win lose or draw we (and the fans) want to see as much racing as can be crammed into any event. I spent the entire race from the lanes next to the tree and every team member that came up and staged their driver or just came up to get a closer look was pleased with how it was run, there only complaint was the slick track which they all knew was going to be bad due to the rain and cold temps. If you ever wanted to see what a headache this can really be you need to watch an episode of Pinks all out behind the scenes and really see what a nightmare this can become.

there was people also complaining about the lights and the way the where changeing from pro tree to the other one. I have read post where people lined up with one tree and then it changing to a differant tree. It makes it hard when your trying to learn when to leave and then they run a differance tree on someone. I am not sure what happen or why they could not just use the whatever tree was agreed upon but I did hear some people getting upset about the lights and also about the way people where lined up.

As far as racen if that is all it is then fine but I dont know and have seen people get mad over some crazy stuff when money is involved. Eddie knows he is not going to please everyone and I am fine with that as long as things are run fair. I do know it not right to run people and have the light all screwed up I was wondering when the lights screwed up did the re run those cars?

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:09 pm

DOMESTIC_DISTURBANCE wrote:Nitrous is def not cheating, and no i didnt even go through one 10 pound bottle at the track last weekend... I switch them up to hold good bottle pressure... I only spray a 150 shot to my car....! But thanks again for the good turnout! Also The first race against the cobalt i only stumbled because i thought we was running on pro tree, because thats we qualified on, so it had me shook up lol :*drive*:

That makes sense now, BTW that's still a badass car man. And i agree, NOS is just another power adder like a SC or a Turbo. We had some great runs out there and it was a good time.

As far as the match ups for the racing. Those match ups are all done by the computer. It was based on a Quick 32 format and cars entered are seated based on E.T.s. the fastest car is the number 1 seat and the slowest the last seat etc. Yes i will agree that some of the match ups due to this system were a bit lop-sided, but that's how brackets work. Look at any seated bracket and it's the same way i.e. the NCAA championship. you'll see the no1 seat playing the number 16 or whatever the low end is. The purpose is to keep the potential best 2 cars on either end of the bracket so that you get the best races as the round progress. All the drag races that run a heads up format run this way. I hope that helps answer why some of the slower cars wondered why you had to race a monster the fist round. But there's always that chance of beating that much better car. Look at the final race. The S-15 had Domestic by a good second or more, but lost for a simple mistake so anything is still possible.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by D Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Sorry i could not make it to that show. Sence it got moved to sunday it messed up all my plans. i had to go out of town.
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnsFlame Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:32 pm

I agree with that one TJ. I still wont race against u. I do want to see what my car will do this year, that is why I am asking so many questions about the racing format. There is a HUGE difference from racing on the street to the tract. I just dont want to get "spanked" out there. I would like to run my car naked once, then do a little bit of work to it, and run it again.
BTW Eddie and Karen: you 2 rock!! Excellent job on the entire weekend!!

AutumnsFlame
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:22 am

I'd b**** if the tree was switched up on me, too. Why do they do that?
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by Krutch21 Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:34 am

Pyrotech72 wrote:I'd b**** if the tree was switched up on me, too. Why do they do that?

The plan was to run the qualifiers on the pro tree, then do the heads-up racing on a Delay tree, the tower hadn't switched the settings on the tree once we got started so we kept it on pro tree for the first round since it had already started then switched the tree to what was briefed to the drivers after that. we also told all the drivers we could that we fixed the tree so there wouldn't be as many driver mistakes.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:54 pm

DOMESTIC_DISTURBANCE wrote:Nitrous is def not cheating, and no i didnt even go through one 10 pound bottle at the track last weekend... I switch them up to hold good bottle pressure... I only spray a 150 shot to my car....! But thanks again for the good turnout! Also The first race against the cobalt i only stumbled because i thought we was running on pro tree, because thats we qualified on, so it had me shook up lol :*drive*:

And I would have won if I didnt f*cking red-light. I knew I was gonna get my ass kicked so I tried to launch the hell out of my car and get a good R/T, but I was too early, LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next