WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photography: March Madness 2009

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Photography:  March Madness 2009 Empty Photography: March Madness 2009

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:23 am

I will be bringing my laptop, blank cd's, and my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi digital camera, tripod and lenses with me to the March Madness.

If you are wanting a professionally done photoshoot of your car while I am there let me know. I will have note cards for you to fill out your name and address on, so I can mail you a CD of the images. Depending on how many people that want this done, it may take up to a few weeks to process, edit, and crop the images. You will also be given a receipt as proof that you paid for the photoshoot.

All of the images will be processed and edited with Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Adobe Lightroom to bring out the optimum colors, optimum sharpness, and highest quality results.

Since this a time consuming process, I do have to charge but my fee will be pretty cheap. $15 for 50 pictures from various angles, low to the ground, down the side, etc. You can also choose to have some of those pictures taken when your car is going down the track.

I have 3 lenses.

a 50mm 1.8 lens
a 18-55mm lens
a 75-300mm lens

and I also have a 2x multiplier which doubles my 75-300mm lens and I can get really close up. I also have a wide angle lens, but it doesn't really do much in situations like this.

If you're interested please let me know in advance, so I can be prepared and know who I will be photographing.

here's some of my work so you can see what kind of pictures I've taken in the past.

Do not worry if your car has visual imperfections. I can edit out and clone out minor things. I can't do anything for huge and noticeable things like wrecked fenders or dents.

Photography:  March Madness 2009 IMG_0182

Photography:  March Madness 2009 IMG_0174

Photography:  March Madness 2009 IMG_0179

Photography:  March Madness 2009 IMG_0185

Photography:  March Madness 2009 IMG_0189

Back to top Go down

Photography:  March Madness 2009 Empty Re: Photography: March Madness 2009

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:53 pm

i have 1 person signed up...anyone else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:35 pm

I have 2 now!

Back to top Go down

Post by D Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:25 am

you got mail...
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:31 am

got you scheduled D! You're 3rd in line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:22 pm

Damn those are some nice shots. Any chance you live over off Tylertown Road?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:02 am

no sir, I live in the Boro!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:18 am

Just to clarify, the $15 price is only good for March Madness. I will make an exception if you have already pm'd me and requested an alternate date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:43 pm

BlueStreak02gt wrote:no sir, I live in the Boro!

LOL, I feel like an idiot, I should have just looked at your profile. Those houses look just like the ones over off Tylertown Road here in Clarksville.

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:16 pm

I saw the pics from last night. They look great. I want to get in line for the march madness shot.
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 123
My Name: : Steve
My Ride/Rides: : 2004, Cobra, moron
Mods: : K&N CAI, 2.93" pully, Dyno tunned, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M shifter, Flowmaster exuast,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:21 pm

alright you're #5.

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:22 pm

sweet
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Mods: : K&N CAI, 2.93" pully, Dyno tunned, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M shifter, Flowmaster exuast,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:48 pm

I knew that you would get a bunch of takers on this!!!!! Have fun at the event and know that if I was able to make it.... I'd be also sportin the hood I bought off you a while back:) P.S it's done, just sittin in my fathers garage for now until I can go pick it up! woo hoo
Hopefully, I can get you for a photo shoot soon there after:)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:08 pm

AladymeGT wrote:I knew that you would get a bunch of takers on this!!!!! Have fun at the event and know that if I was able to make it.... I'd be also sportin the hood I bought off you a while back:) P.S it's done, just sittin in my fathers garage for now until I can go pick it up! woo hoo
Hopefully, I can get you for a photo shoot soon there after:)

sounds like a plan! post up some pics so we can see what it looks like!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:45 pm

bring your car cleaning stuff ladies and gents! It's looking to rain Friday and Saturday, so if it does, I will be doing the photoshoots on Sunday instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:25 pm

It might be better if it's on Sunday anyways, because of the weather. But do you guys think there will be just as many people there on Sunday if it does get cancelled Saturday?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:49 pm

i think there will be if we give everyone enough notice. if a last minute decision is made, and people have to turn around and go home, i doubt they're as likely to make the trip again on Sunday.

but if the notice that it's delayed until Sunday gets out say Friday afternoon, or early evening, and people don't drive several hours to get there, then I think we'll still have a good turn out.

just depends I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:40 pm

Either way I believe it will be a great event. I believe there will also be way more cars participating in racing and the car show than last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:14 pm

well I am not sure how many people will check out the web sight. I have passed out about 500 flyiers and I know there should be a great tunr out on SATURDAY if we can only have the weather now for it then everything will be awsome. I went today to a few places in blowing green to pass out flyiers and on the way home as I stopped and saw places I tried to put the word out. I know alot of people said they would come out. so I am really staying positive and trying hard to keep the faith about us having the show on sat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:26 pm

all photoshoots have been rescheduled for Sunday since the races have been rescheduled for Sunday.

For those of you who are already scheduled, if you have question call me on my cell # that I provided you in PM, or pm me them.

thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:56 pm

I had a few cancellations, a few no shows, and one that I rescheduled.

I told Troy with the 05+ Silver Mustang GT that I wouldn't feel good doing a photoshoot on a day like today as the quality of the photos would be hindered by the clouds.

So for those of you who contacted me about the photoshoots, I will still honor the $15 price, and will be glad to schedule the photoshoot(s) several hours before any meet of your choice up in clarksville.

I wish the weather had been more cooperative for those of you that I did talk to, but again, I don't want to do a photoshoot on a cloudy day, and have you pay for crappy results that is not the way I work, and if I had gone ahead and done it, I would've felt really bad about taking your money and you not getting the quality of photos you were looking forward to.

Any questions please feel free to ask in here, or you can pm me.

Thanks

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:13 pm

I just wanted to share a few pics of why I didn't do the photoshoot today.

This is a pic of Steve's 03/04 Cobra I took at the track today, and as you can see it is really grainy. I had my camera on the tripod, in automatic mode (because shooting in manual mode is worthless on a day like today), and I was using a remote shutter release so as not to move the camera when taking a photo.

I took 200 photos today, and about 9 out of every 10 photos came out like this. This is why I did not want to shoot a photoshoot at the meet after I got there, because I knew the quality would be horrible. Cloudy days reduce light and because the clouds move, it makes it difficult for the camera to adjust to changing light conditions, and the result is the grainy photos, also the wind did not help matters any at all. I toyed with settings, changed aperture, changed iso, and changed shutter speed, set my white balance to cloudy, and all to no avail. It just wasn't a good photography day.

here's a few others that came out horrible.

Photography:  March Madness 2009 IMG_5479

this one is fuzzy as well.
Photography:  March Madness 2009 IMG_53673

Photography:  March Madness 2009 IMG_5462

Back to top Go down

Post by steves04cobra Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Im no professional but i think the pics look good. I really like the one of my car. I never get to see what it looks like when im lounching. It looks crazy. I was running good until it broke Sad
steves04cobra
steves04cobra
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:34 pm

steves04cobra wrote:Im no professional but i think the pics look good. I really like the one of my car. I never get to see what it looks like when im lounching. It looks crazy. I was running good until it broke Sad

no those are pretty bad pics....compare those to the ones in the beginning of this thread and you'll see the difference is night and day.

the pics should be razor sharp in clarity, and should have all color ranges, and these just don't have it....im very disappointed in my pics today.... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:20 pm

steves04cobra wrote:Im no professional but i think the pics look good. I really like the one of my car. I never get to see what it looks like when im lounching. It looks crazy. I was running good until it broke Sad

Sorry about your car man, I know that has to suck. And my Wife is still pissed she didnt get to move on because Roach broke his car when he was racing her, LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next