WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Guys! New guy here!

4 posters

Go down

Hey Guys! New guy here! Empty Hey Guys! New guy here!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:36 pm

Hey hows it going everyone!

I'm new to the forum. From Greenfield IN.

2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT.

Pypes Violator Cat-back. PP T/B and Plenum. Working on 4:10's install and some other stuff.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys! New guy here! Empty Re: Hey Guys! New guy here!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:38 pm

welcome welcome to the mustang websight how did you hear about us?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Danstang over on the moddedmustangs forum. been a part of that for a year or so now. Just started getting into modding up the the Mustang. What parts of IN is everyone from?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:32 am

I got a question also. Has anyone had their differential gears installed locally? i'm looking for a reputable shop that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:46 am

SteviGX, glad to see you made it over~!

As for your gears Q...We really don't have anyone that hooks up the gears yet. However, we have several Lincoln Tech grads in the club that I assume would be able to help out or point you to someone that can.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:29 pm

I found a guy last night, he came into work ( autozone ) and He builds race engines and chassis but the quotes i were getting from shops were around $500 sometimes twice that. He told me 250 if i drop the rear end out and take it to him. I'm thinking thats a pretty good deal.

Should I wait and get a Cobra Differential and 31 spline axles put in? I plan on heads and cams sometimes next year and done want to have to do the rear end again, I plan on going wild! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:39 pm

250 is actually reall good. I think that's what David paid for a WH member in Evansville to do it.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:39 pm

alright good. I think I'm going to just stay with 28-spline for now. I' going to have the differential rebuild also, he said that would prolly be another 100 for the parts. Sounds pretty resonable to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:00 pm

Good to meet ya man and well def. catch up with ya soon! 250 is damn cheap, id go for it! I'm located in clermont on the north west side (right at ORP!)
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:59 pm

Murph wrote:Good to meet ya man and well def. catch up with ya soon! 250 is damn cheap, id go for it! I'm located in clermont on the north west side (right at ORP!)

Sweet man. I asked off of work for the 29th so hopefully I will be able to make it up there. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the cruise tommorow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:05 pm

You should give Brent up at AutoSpec a call. I think they quoted me 280 to do my gears when I had my 06 gt. If you do call make sure you talk to Brent and not the bonehead Randy because you will get completely different quotes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:11 pm

alright. I'll prolly give them a call. you didn't have to take the rear axle out did you? thats what that guy told me i was going to have to do. i didn't get one for if i left it in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:25 pm

No I didn't have to take the axle out. I was going to have AutoSpec do mine but I found another place that did the work for 220. I had motive 4.10s and a rebuild kit put in. The only thing with AutoSpec right now is I know they are pretty busy because my buddies 98 gt is there and they told him it would be a while before they get to it. If you got the cash and plan on adding a lot more hp than I would recommend getting an auburn pro diff and some moser 31 or 33 spline axles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:16 pm

yeah, i was thinking about picking up some 31 splines and a cobra differential. I had a pro diff in my ranger with 4:10's and i couldn't stand the wheel hop when i turned.

And if anyone looks at this before tonight, what exit should i get off at if i'm coming from the EB 70 to 465 for the cruise?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:23 pm

well the cruise is tomorrow night, i wont make it out cause my ride isnt ready to go yet and i gotta work all weekend, but just look for 31/meridian on the southside, cant miss it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:38 pm

haha, i feel so stupid!

I've looked my phone like 30 times for the date and i read wrong. Thanks for informing me. I appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:03 pm

Walmart parking lot on US31 South, at 9:30pm bro. well be there
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:08 pm

Dave when do you think your car is going to be finished. We need to get that thing back on the road.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:23 pm

lol i know! its killin me.. im hoping 3 weeks

I got 2 more UPS boxes today Smile
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:55 pm

The ups man makes me smile! haha Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:53 am

Nice to see you made it over SteviGX! Welcome to the site!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:42 pm

hey man as for those gears let me talk to some ppl i may be able to get u a good deal i will let u know
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down