WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screamin KB 2.1! Who's with me?

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Screamin KB 2.1!  Who's with me? - Page 2 Empty Re: Screamin KB 2.1! Who's with me?

Post by 1fstroush Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:34 am

KB's always whine, just not as pronounced in some applications.

If you're looking for KB's then start looking on several other boards and also hire Zak to be your PI. He can find anything you need quickly and cheap. Very Happy
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Screamin KB 2.1!  Who's with me? - Page 2 Empty Re: Screamin KB 2.1! Who's with me?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:12 pm

1fstroush wrote:KB's always whine, just not as pronounced in some applications.

If you're looking for KB's then start looking on several other boards and also hire Zak to be your PI. He can find anything you need quickly and cheap. Very Happy

I will definitely be looking on all the other boards.

Does anybody on here have a KB??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:26 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
1fstroush wrote:KB's always whine, just not as pronounced in some applications.

I will definitely be looking on all the other boards.

Does anybody on here have a KB??

The only person I know on here that has a KB is Wade but he doesn't really get on too often. There aren't too many people on here that have real extreme mods like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:27 pm

I've seen Wade a couple times but have never actually talked to him.

I've read a bunch of threads on other boards about opinions of KB's and everybody absolutely LOVES them! They always talk about the instant boost that the it gives from low RPM's all the way to redline. Gives u that "seat of the pants feeling" and throws u back in your seat!

How often would I be in boost? Just WOT?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:19 pm

It gets in boost when you get on it. That's one thing I loved about my whipple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:38 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:It gets in boost when you get on it. That's one thing I loved about my whipple.

So I won't be in boost if I'm just cruisin around no matter what RPM's I'm at? I'll just be in boost when I open up the throttle?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:42 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:It gets in boost when you get on it. That's one thing I loved about my whipple.

So I won't be in boost if I'm just cruisin around no matter what RPM's I'm at? I'll just be in boost when I open up the throttle?

Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:47 pm

That's good.

Roush says that the Stage 2's come with 300hp at the crank. Would a 2.1 put me around 400 RWHP?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:That's good.

Roush says that the Stage 2's come with 300hp at the crank. Would a 2.1 put me around 400 RWHP?

Each car is different so its hard to say, most I have seen that put down 400rwhp have other bolt-ons too like midpipe, catback, intake, tb. And those are at 9psi with an intercooled 2.1. Again a lot of it has to do with the tune.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:14 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:That's good.

Each car is different so its hard to say, most I have seen that put down 400rwhp have other bolt-ons too like midpipe, catback, intake, tb. And those are at 9psi with an intercooled 2.1. Again a lot of it has to do with the tune.

Well I have an o/r x-pipe and catback. I plan doing an intake. I want to get a really good tune once the kit goes on. So maybe I'll reach 400....who knows. I'm sure it's possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:01 pm

If you get on moddedmustangs, there are prolly 10 different threads abotu kb's on 2v's. Just search for it, and there is also alot of information period on supercharging in general. But 400 is a forseable number with the 2.1 IC.

The reason i'm doing a KB, is i want that instant tourqe. That thrown you back in the seat breath taking tourque. But that wont be till around 14psi and forged bottom end lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:28 pm

SteviGX wrote:If you get on moddedmustangs, there are prolly 10 different threads abotu kb's on 2v's. Just search for it, and there is also alot of information period on supercharging in general. But 400 is a forseable number with the 2.1 IC.

The reason i'm doing a KB, is i want that instant tourqe. That thrown you back in the seat breath taking tourque. But that wont be till around 14psi and forged bottom end lol

I'll get on there and look around.

I was readin some threads on another board and everybody that said that they had a KB talked about the how insane the low end torgue and the instant boost was from low RPM's all the way to redline. I'm sure u can still throw yourself or a passenger back in their seat at 9psi can't u?? :*burnout*:

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:16 pm

make sure you have a good conserative tune.unless you have a motor rebuild in your budget plan
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:05 pm

stanglover2358 wrote:make sure you have a good conserative tune.unless you have a motor rebuild in your budget plan

I will be sure to ask some people about the tune once I get closer to gettin the kit. I thought i remember reading that Kenne Bell sent a tune with the kit?...but not sure though.

Would it be alright to use their tune, use a handheld tuner, or somethin else??

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:01 pm

i would get unlimited tunes through amazon with his handheld tuner for 400 bucks. However, I would put the car up on the dyno immediately after to make sure the air/fuel ratio is good.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:32 pm

stanglover2358 wrote:i would get unlimited tunes through amazon with his handheld tuner for 400 bucks. However, I would put the car up on the dyno immediately after to make sure the air/fuel ratio is good.

I am definitely considering putting it on the dyno.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2