WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Screamin KB 2.1! Who's with me?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Screamin KB 2.1!  Who's with me? Empty Screamin KB 2.1! Who's with me?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:58 pm

Hopin to get enough money saved up by next spring to throw a KB 2.1 kit on my Roush!

Who's with me???

Pat.....Steve.......We're tearin up the streets once we all get ours on!!! :*burnout*:

Question.....If I get a kit with an intercooler, what's the MOST boost I could run without risking anything going wrong??

Back to top Go down

Screamin KB 2.1!  Who's with me? Empty Re: Screamin KB 2.1! Who's with me?

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Then my bet is you wouldnt wanna run alot of boost maybe 7-9 but the other v8 guys will hook you up with that info! i thought they covered that in your other thread ??
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:57 pm

Steve said he plans on puttin a 2.1 kit on and he said 9lbs was safe to run, but any more than that then you're startin to risk somethin goin wrong.

Pat....How many lbs of boost u plannin on runnin when u get your 2.1?

Kinda vaguely went over it in the other thread.....but it was under the "Cold Air Intake" one so I just wanted to start another thread where the topic showed what was actually bein talked about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:19 pm

You would be able to safely run 9psi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:24 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:You would be able to safely run 9psi.

That's what I was hopin for is 9psi.

When individual people sell their kits at really good prices....do they usually come with EVERYTHING that is needed?....Or would I need to go out and purchase a bunch of extra parts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:27 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

When individual people sell their kits at really good prices....do they usually come with EVERYTHING that is needed?....Or would I need to go out and purchase a bunch of extra parts?

Depends sometimes people include everything (fuel pumps, maf, injector, etc) and sometimes they don't and in that case you would need to buy the supporting mods separate. Usually as far as just the kits go though, it isn't unusual to be missing a few small pieces. But those are usually easy to replace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

Depends sometimes people include everything (fuel pumps, maf, injector, etc) and sometimes they don't and in that case you would need to buy the supporting mods separate. Usually as far as just the kits go though, it isn't unusual to be missing a few small pieces. But those are usually easy to replace.

I've just been kinda shopping arond to see how much used kits go for and was just wondering if the people that have their kits priced really low have most of or all of the parts needed for the install. That's good that the parts could be easily replaced though.

Have u ever looked at used KB kit prices? If so, what's a good price for a used kit? I've seen the high end of the range for new ones, but was just wondering what a good deal for a used one was so I don't get cheated when I decide to get one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:38 pm

I have looked at plenty of kb kits for my car but not really so much for yours. I have come across a few, I think the best deals I have seen have been around the 2200-2300 price range. But you don't find too many of those and when they do come up they go quick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:43 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:I have looked at plenty of kb kits for my car but not really so much for yours. I have come across a few, I think the best deals I have seen have been around the 2200-2300 price range. But you don't find too many of those and when they do come up they go quick.

WOW! That would be awesome to get a kit for that price! Were those prices for a 2.1? How much more is the kit if u want it intercooled?

What kits have u looked at?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:I have looked at plenty of kb kits for my car but not really so much for yours. I have come across a few, I think the best deals I have seen have been around the 2200-2300 price range. But you don't find too many of those and when they do come up they go quick.

WOW! That would be awesome to get a kit for that price! Were those prices for a 2.1? How much more is the kit if u want it intercooled?

Those were for 2.1 intercooled kits, but like i said you really don't find those deals very often.

And when you ask what kits I have looked at, for which car are you referring?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:49 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:
Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

Those were for 2.1 intercooled kits, but like i said you really don't find those deals very often.

And when you ask what kits I have looked at, for which car are you referring?

I was just wonderin if those prices were for a kit that could go on my car?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:51 pm

Oh ya those were 2 kits I came across for your car.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:52 pm

Have you also thought about all the other supporting mods in case the kit doesn't come with them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:55 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:Have you also thought about all the other supporting mods in case the kit doesn't come with them?

Not yet. I've just been readin a lot about the pros and cons of the KB's and doin a lot of research about the S/C itself. Been tryin to gain some knowledge before I start lookin and gettin serious.

I really hope I can find a kit that comes with everything or MOSTLY everything. If not, then I guess I would just have to buy the missing parts. Any really expensive parts that are commonly missing from used kits?

Back to top Go down

Post by JH96GT Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:56 pm

Hell yeah!!!
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:01 am

JH96GT wrote:Hell yeah!!!

I've never heard anything sweeter sounding than a KB under WOT!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:02 am

Like I said earlier sometimes they come with the supporting mods and sometimes they don't. If the seller doesn't include supporting mods in the sale then you are looking at: fuel pumps or bap, maf or mafia, injectors, plugs, and chip or handheld tuner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:05 am

2k6silvergt wrote:Like I said earlier sometimes they come with the supporting mods and sometimes they don't. If the seller doesn't include supporting mods in the sale then you are looking at: fuel pumps or bap, maf or mafia, injectors, plugs, and chip or handheld tuner.

That wouldn't be too bad. I'm sure if some of the parts aren't included with the kit, then they would lower the price to compensate for the missing parts even though I would rather spend the extra money on a kit that came with everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:08 am

ive never seen a kb for 2200 before..next time u see one at that price please let me know.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:13 am

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:Like I said earlier sometimes they come with the supporting mods and sometimes they don't. If the seller doesn't include supporting mods in the sale then you are looking at: fuel pumps or bap, maf or mafia, injectors, plugs, and chip or handheld tuner.

That wouldn't be too bad. I'm sure if some of the parts aren't included with the kit, then they would lower the price to compensate for the missing parts even though I would rather spend the extra money on a kit that came with everything.

The kits don't normally come with all the supporting mods I listed. Those are usually things people buy separately but when selling the blower they include them with the sale. Usually the packages that come with every supporting mod needed are centri blowers (paxton, vortech, procharger). What comes with a blower from the retailer depends on the brand and whether its intercooled, tuner, or non-intercooled.

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:16 am

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

a kb on a cobra and a kb on a 2v sound nothing alike..much quieter on the 2v
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:18 am

2k6silvergt wrote:
Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

The kits don't normally come with all the supporting mods I listed. Those are usually things people buy separately but when selling the blower they include them with the sale. Usually the packages that come with every supporting mod needed are centri blowers (paxton, vortech, procharger). What comes with a blower from the retailer depends on the brand and whether its intercooled, tuner, or non-intercooled.

That would be good enough for me....as long as the parts that are needed are included. Doesn't really matter to me if they bought the parts themselves as long as they include them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:19 am

stanglover2358 wrote:
Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

a kb on a cobra and a kb on a 2v sound nothing alike..much quieter on the 2v

I know that mine won't be as loud as a Cobra. Will the 2.1 have a pretty good sounding wine under WOT on my car?

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:27 am

yes at WOT there will be a nice noticeable whine but for the most part its a silient operation
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:31 am

stanglover2358 wrote:yes at WOT there will be a nice noticeable whine but for the most part its a silient operation

It will be a "sleeper" then! Nobody will know what's under the hood until I step on it!....Then the whine kicks in....and then the mouths drop! omg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next