WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad News!!

2 posters

Go down

Sad News!! Empty Sad News!!

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Well I'm sorry to inform everyone, the sad news. Rocky Gilbert a member of the club when it first started back in 2004 (99 Black GT) had a severe accident which left him paralized from the waist down. He's stablized and doing as well as can be expected. He's expected to return to Clarksville at the end of this month. I've spoke with Rockys' dad and he informed me that Rocky didn't have any insurance, plus he's supporting 2 children as well. Rocky hasn't been around the club since totalling his car back in 2005, but is still consider a member as far as I'm concerned. I would like to see the club do something for Rocky and his family. I would like to do some type of fundraiser for Rocky, so any monies donated or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Fast Eddie on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sad News!! Empty Re: Sad News!!

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:34 pm

I know we talked about a few things Eddie, and hopefully we can get something started right away that can give some immediate help. If you are able to set anything up with a local bank, that would be awesome and I will throw in a donation immediately.

Our prayers are with rocky and his family.

You may want to do a club e-mail for those that don't get on the site much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:15 pm

Ok I've gotten a few more details. There's a "Trust Fund" setup at the Bank of America in Rocky Gilbert name. Also Rocky can except calls at (931)472-4488 if anyone wants to call..

Back to top Go down

Post by BriansGirl Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:30 pm

As soon as I get paid, I will be putting money in his account. We Wildhorses always need to stick together in times of need approve
BriansGirl
BriansGirl
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Number of posts : 65
Humor : Living in the United States of the Offended

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:52 pm

wow I am sorry about that very sad news. I dont think I know this person but I do think every little bit helps. make we can do a poker run but with our mustangs instead of motorcycles. or do a 50/50 and donate it to rocky.
I know some people are doing a turkey shot to raise money. Keira JROTC is doing one in Oct and I can let you know if it was a good money maker.

I wish rocky to a quick recovery and I am truely sorry this happened. I have noticed there has been alot of people getting hurt on the roads lately. everyone please be careful out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:29 pm

Ok everyone plans are in the stages, as soon as I can get a location locked in I'll provide full details as to what we'll be doing. To give everyone an opportunity to help, there will be 3 events planned between now and the end of Octobor. This will give people different times to helpout due to everyones working schedule not being the same. Once again thanks to everyone offering to help out a fellow member and friend in this time of need.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:46 pm

I would be happy to help in any way I can. I know you have alot on your plate with the dragon coming up and everything. just post what you need or how we can help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:11 am

thats horrible news. can i donate from over here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:35 pm

how did the car wash work out? I wish I could have been there but I was needed to help move some family and friends. We did not get done until 5pm and then I went home and went to bed. I woke up at 7:30pm and was just wondering how it went and thinking about everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:37 am

It went great! We did a lot of cars, but I don't think we got a count. We even picked up a couple potential new members in the deal. A huge THANK YOU to everyone that came out and got wet!!!!!!!!! :^drunk^:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:34 pm

Hey Eddie, I was just talking to some people and they told me that Rockys dad had a motorcycle wreck yesterday. Just wondering if maybe you can find something out on that, if its true or not, Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:00 pm

j.tmach1 wrote:Hey Eddie, I was just talking to some people and they told me that Rockys dad had a motorcycle wreck yesterday. Just wondering if maybe you can find something out on that, if its true or not, Thanks.
Yes he did have a motorcycle wreck also. Someone in a truck came across 3 lanes of traffic and ran over him. Rockys' dad was hospitalized as well, he ended up with a broken collarbone and a busted up knee..

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:06 pm

Rocky and his dad could use us more than ever. Eddie or Paul, PM me with a paypal account so that I can help make a donation as well.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down