WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superchargers

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Superchargers - Page 2 Empty Re: Superchargers

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:34 am

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
Murph wrote:you also need tuning costs! make sure that you have fuel covered also, injectors/maf/fuel pump Smile
[right]

How much for tuning costs??

I think I'm gonna go over to my buddy Jason's house tomorrow.....He's installing an intercooled Vortech Supercharger on his 97 Cobra tomorrow.

Tuning depends on a lot of things. With tuning you will need to get a chip or handheld tuner. Then the pricing depends on whether you get a dyno or mail order tune, although with installing a supercharger you would want a dyno tune. That is going to be determined by where you go and how long it takes them.

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:36 am

ya ur gonna be looking at like 3g's to do a s trim, tuner, and tuning..
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:38 am

But to give you an idea of tuning cost at a reputable place, Kurgan Motor Sports charges I believe 150 for the first hour and 100 each additional hour. So if it takes him 3 hours you're looking at 350 plus the price of a handheld tuner or chip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:39 am

stanglover2358 wrote:I could easily make your gt run 13.5's with $2000. If $2000 is your budget id say stay away from a blower. Yes I could definitely find you a vortech for 2g's but like dave said you have tuning cost, which generally needs to be done every year. So your looking at 450+ depending on your tuner just for the tune unless you get a conservative mail order tune (roughly $200) and throw it up on a dyno for 99 bucks every year to check the air fuel ratio.

so if your going to stay N/A id get a plenuem and tb, jlt cold air, 4.10's, alm. d/s. some nitto dr's.

Technically it's not a GT.....It's a Roush....lol.

Sounds like with the tune and everything it might be a little too costly depending on the tuner and the type of tune? Mad ....Then again I'm not sure how much money I'm gonna have saved up so I guess it all depends on how much money I have at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:40 am

I've heard a few KB cars and that whine is SICK!!!!!.....and ADDICTING!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:44 am

well if you got 2500 bucks i can get you into a brand new vortech s trim..this deal wont lst long..so let me knwo what you want to do
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:44 am

stanglover2358 wrote:ya ur gonna be looking at like 3g's to do a s trim, tuner, and tuning..

That's about right to get everything necessary and done right. And that is assuming that you do the install yourself. If you plan on having it installed by a shop you are looking at more.

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:45 am

and its still in the orginial box..includes inkectors fuel pump everything..you'll need a tuner..id highly suggest using your credit card if you dont have the cash.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:45 am

$3000 might be in the budget....Just not sure how much money I've gonna have saved up at the time.....And if I don't have enough I just might have to wait a little longer.....Only problem is SCHOOL BILLS will be comin up soon....Grrrrrrr. So I'll just have to see how all the works out.

I'm just tired of having a Roush and it being slower than most GT's cause of all the bolt on's everybody has for their GT's....lol

I wanna be able to say......"Yeah it's a 2003 Stage (3) Roush with a KB".... or Vortech or whatever I decide

I'm SICK of sayin that it's "STOCK" .....Grrrrrrr I hate that word...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

its called finanical aid...use it to your advantage..buy some parts
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 am

stanglover2358 wrote:well if you got 2500 bucks i can get you into a brand new vortech s trim..this deal wont lst long..so let me knwo what you want to do

I definitely don't have the money right now.....I'm HOPING to have enough money saved up by next spring or summer. Have too many bills goin on right now. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:49 am

stanglover2358 wrote:its called finanical aid...use it to your advantage..buy some parts

I am using financial aid to my advantage....Just not sure how much more I could get if I tried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:51 am

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
stanglover2358 wrote:its called finanical aid...use it to your advantage..buy some parts

I am using financial aid to my advantage....Just not sure how much more I could get if I tried.

There is plenty of money available out there you just need to know where to look. However, I am definitely not going to suggest you take out an extra loan to finance performance parts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:53 am

2k6silvergt wrote:
Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

There is plenty of money available out there you just need to know where to look. However, I am definitely not going to suggest you take out an extra loan to finance performance parts.

That's the only problem.....I already have school loans and a car loan. Not lookin for any more loans as of right now. Wish I could take out another loan, but I just don't think that's a possibility right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:58 am

stanglover2358 wrote:well if you got 2500 bucks i can get you into a brand new vortech s trim..this deal wont lst long..so let me knwo what you want to do

That is a good deal especially since it includes everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:58 am

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:

then use some of it to pay for this NEW vortech kit...this kit retails for like 3800 bucks and its still new
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:59 am

its like a 33% clearance sale..everyone goes to those
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:01 am

rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:05 am

stanglover2358 wrote:its like a 33% clearance sale..everyone goes to those

I just can't do it RIGHT now. I'm using all the resources I can right now and it's still pretty tight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:05 am

Chris do you have a girlfriend? If so you should ask her to get it for you. whip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:06 am

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
stanglover2358 wrote:its like a 33% clearance sale..everyone goes to those

I just can't do it RIGHT now. I'm using all the resources I can right now and it's still pretty tight.

I feel you man. It sucks when great deals come up and you can't pull the trigger on them. :*gripe*:

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:07 am

jus give her the sad puppy dog face...and im sure u'll get ur money from her
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:08 am

lol Zak sounds like you should spread the wealth lol, i dont think rachel will be buying a k-member or a heat exhanger for me anytime soon :*bonk(:
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:09 am

i wouldnt recomend going into school debt for the car Sad I would love the see the stage three roush but dont screw yourself when those school loans are all due
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:10 am

Murph wrote:lol Zak sounds like you should spread the wealth lol, i dont think rachel will be buying a k-member or a heat exhanger for me anytime soon :*bonk(:

What wealth? I am broke. I'm about ready to go downtown and start shaking a cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next