WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superchargers

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Superchargers Empty Superchargers

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Couple of my buddies got me goin on Superchargers the other day and talkin about me puttin one on my car.

Don't know much about them, but I'm learnin a little bit at at time.
Which style would u all reccomend for my car (Centri or Roots?)
Would I have to do any other mods if I put the Supercharger on???

And I've pretty much got it narrowed down to Kenne Bell or Vortech.....Or is there a CHEAPER option?? Any HP gain differences between the brands??

Thinkin about savin up some money for a LONG while and gettin one next spring or summer.

Just lookin for some suggestions on the types and brands that are best and some price ranges??

Post away!!!

Last edited by Roush_Stage2_03 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Superchargers Empty Re: Superchargers

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:26 pm

Since you said not really much track use I would go with a roots/twin screw. But like I said in the other thread the roots/twin screw blowers are going to generally be more expensive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:31 pm

Well that sucks.

What about Prochargers? Whats the difference between a Procharger and a Supercharger? Is there a HP gain difference between the two??

Are they cheaper or more expensive than a Supercharger??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:26 pm

A procharger is a supercharger. Its a centrifugal type. Procharger is probably the best centrifugal blower you can get, but its price also reflects that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:31 pm

U can usually pick up used vortech systems for around 2K depending on where you go. After riding in Zaks car with such a solid powerband, and the whine it gives...if I go forced induction i dont see myself doing anything but a big single turbo or a twin screw(kb or whipple) cause that whine is OOOO so addicting....

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:33 pm

a procharger is a brand of a supercharger, just like vortech..

the best setup for your car and application is going to be a kenne bell for your car and 3.55's since im assuming its a street car. Your going to spend in the ballpark of 3300+ for a used intercooled kit.

If your looking at rebuilding your motor in the future then id get a procharger d1sc or a vortech t trim.

If money is an issue your best option is a vortech s trim kit for about 2000 bucks run 8 psi on it and have 350ish rwhp.

Last edited by stanglover2358 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:34 pm

stanglover2358 wrote:a procharger is a brand of a supercharger, just like vortech..

the best setup for your car and application is going to be a kenne bell for your car and 3.55's since im assuming its a street car. Your going to spend in the ballpark of 3200 for a used intercooled kit.

If your looking at rebuilding your motor in the future then id get a procharger d1sc or a vortech t trim.

If money is an issue your best option is a vortech s trim kit for about 2000 bucks run 8 psi on it and have 350ish rwhp.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:35 pm

the whine/spool on an s trim is very nice...and well my procharger, i'll let you guys be the judge of that when you see it. Its going to depend on what blow off valve you have.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:37 pm

stanglover2358 wrote:a procharger is a brand of a supercharger, just like vortech..

the best setup for your car and application is going to be a kenne bell for your car and 3.55's since im assuming its a street car. Your going to spend in the ballpark of 3200 for a used intercooled kit.

Now this is the guy you need to talk to when building or supercharging a 2V. Don't take advise from all those other morons that don't know what they are talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:43 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:

Now this is the guy you need to talk to when building or supercharging a 2V. Don't take advise from all those other morons that don't know what they are talking about.

thanks for the kind words but i just have a typical bolt on 2V..nothing major
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 pm

stanglover2358 wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:

:_lol_: No not really. Would just about blow away any car running around greenwood.

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:51 pm

haha...Roush_Stage2_03 1. what mods do you currently have?
2. What is your intended purpose for the car? street? street/strip?
3. do you have a particular quarter mile goal?
4. what kind of budget did you have in mind?
5. Is this your daily driver?
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:06 am

2k6silvergt wrote:
stanglover2358 wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:

:_lol_: No not really. Would just about blow away any car running around greenwood.

o whatever. we all know that my car would smoke his ass!

Lets set up a race brandon....we race 15 feet. and i get a car length. sound fair?

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:08 am

why do you guys have to pick on the poor guy who has a stockish bolt on gt.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:13 am

you also need tuning costs! make sure that you have fuel covered also, injectors/maf/fuel pump Smile
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:16 am

Murph wrote:you also need tuning costs! make sure that you have fuel covered also, injectors/maf/fuel pump Smile

Ya those are definitely necessities, but most of the time anymore people include them in the sale of the supercharger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:16 am

stanglover2358 wrote:why do you guys have to pick on the poor guy who has a stockish bolt on gt.

I dont know man...i guess its cause we all wish our car was "stockish" cause if your cars stockish then i want a stockish gt too....lol

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:18 am

2k6silvergt wrote:
Murph wrote:you also need tuning costs! make sure that you have fuel covered also, injectors/maf/fuel pump Smile

Ya those are definitely necessities, but most of the time anymore people include them in the sale of the supercharger.

+1 most used kits come with injectors and maf
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:18 am

stanglover2358 wrote:haha...Roush_Stage2_03 1. what mods do you currently have?

1.) Only mod right now is O/R X pipe
2.) Street is the intended purpose....not much trace use
3.) Best time so far is 14.3 at ORP. That was with a full tank of gas and 40 lbs. of bowling balls in the trunk. Wouldn't mind seein 13.5's or lower.
4.) $2000 - $3000 would be nice. $2000 would be awesome if I could get somethin for that!
5.) This is my daily driver

I'm just lookin for some FUN!
Figure since I have a rare car in a Roush I might as well go all out and start doin some MAJOR mods to it!

And I DEFINITELY want somethin with a LOUD whine! I agree... That whine is OH SO addicting!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:19 am

SteviGX wrote:
stanglover2358 wrote:why do you guys have to pick on the poor guy who has a stockish bolt on gt.

I dont know man...i guess its cause we all wish our car was "stockish" cause if your cars stockish then i want a stockish gt too....lol

its a very limited edition bk edition 1 of 1..very rare stockish gt
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:22 am

[right]

How much for tuning costs??

I think I'm gonna go over to my buddy Jason's house tomorrow.....He's installing an intercooled Vortech Supercharger on his 97 Cobra tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:27 am

the best setup for your car and application is going to be a kenne bell for your car and 3.55's since im assuming its a street car. Your going to spend in the ballpark of 3300+ for a used intercooled kit.

I was kinda narrowing my search down to a KB or Vortech. The car has 3.55's in it now. Vortech S Trim Kit sounds like my best bet. $2000 the cheapest prolly?? 350ish RWHP sounds GOOD to me!!! I could do some damage with that setup and those numbers! :*drive*:

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:31 am

I could easily make your gt run 13.5's with $2000. If $2000 is your budget id say stay away from a blower. Yes I could definitely find you a vortech for 2g's but like dave said you have tuning cost, which generally needs to be done every year. So your looking at 450+ depending on your tuner just for the tune unless you get a conservative mail order tune (roughly $200) and throw it up on a dyno for 99 bucks every year to check the air fuel ratio.

so if your going to stay N/A id get a plenuem and tb, jlt cold air, 4.10's, alm. d/s. some nitto dr's.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:32 am

Roush_Stage2_03 wrote:
stanglover2358 wrote:haha...Roush_Stage2_03 1. what mods do you currently have?

1.) Only mod right now is O/R X pipe
2.) Street is the intended purpose....not much trace use
3.) Best time so far is 14.3 at ORP. That was with a full tank of gas and 40 lbs. of bowling balls in the trunk. Wouldn't mind seein 13.5's or lower.
4.) $2000 - $3000 would be nice. $2000 would be awesome if I could get somethin for that!
5.) This is my daily driver

I'm just lookin for some FUN!
Figure since I have a rare car in a Roush I might as well go all out and start doin some MAJOR mods to it!

And I DEFINITELY want somethin with a LOUD whine! I agree... That whine is OH SO addicting!!!!!

A KB will give you the loudest whine for a roots/twin screw and the procharger will give you the loudest whine for a centri.

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:33 am

personally any 2v needs boost imo. i'll find you an s trim when the time comes..your definitely be happy. It may be slightly outside the 2000 budget by the time you get her tuned, but you'll be happy.
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next