WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORD reports biggest lose ever!!!!

Go down

FORD reports biggest lose ever!!!! Empty FORD reports biggest lose ever!!!!

Post by Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:46 pm

Ford Reports Largest Quarterly Loss Ever: -$8.7 billion Sad
Thursday July 24, 2008

Today Ford Motor Co., maker of the Mustang, released its quarterly figures. In all, the company said it lost $8.7 billion dollars in the second quarter of this year. That's the biggest quarterly loss ever for the company (and a huge chunk of change). The company blamed rising fuel prices and deteriorating economic conditions for the downturn.

But never fear. They have a plan to turn things around. How? Well, Ford announced it will turn to smaller European style cars to boost profits. In fact, the company plans to introduce six small vehicles from the company’s "acclaimed" European lineup here in the United States. They also plan to focus on the new fuel-efficient EcoBoost as well as all-new four-cylinder engines.

There was no word today on the Mustang's future, other than a mention of its upcoming face lift in 2010. All this talk makes me question the future Ford lineup. Will it consist of several small European style cars and one muscle car or several small European style cars and something "called" a muscle car? You know, something smaller and less powerful with a muscle car badge attached

Back to top Go down

FORD reports biggest lose ever!!!! Empty Re: FORD reports biggest lose ever!!!!

Post by Danstang Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:24 am

They did that back in '74 and had one of the most successful year in sales ever for the Mustang (never to fond of those Mustang II's though). I hope they don't repeat history and rebadge a "Probe" for the future 'stang. KEEP THE REAL MUSTANG ALIVE FORD!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:17 am

they didn't lose any money. i hate when companies say they lost a bunch of money. just because you didn't make the projected earnings quotas, compared to what you made this time last year, doesn't mean you lost money. it just means you were counting on the figures from your sales of last year being the same this year and it didn't work out so well.

If they'd quit making SUV's and Trucks, and start developing more fuel efficient cars that are quality products and will last 200 - 400K miles, then their sales would be through the roof.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down