WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boss Engine Dead before it's release.

4 posters

Go down

Boss Engine Dead before it's release. Empty Boss Engine Dead before it's release.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:33 pm

Another high performance V8 engine has fallen to the $4+ dollar gas prices. The Boss engine, which was slated to appear in the rumored Boss Mustang and F-150 will now only have a home in the Super Duty which needs a more efficient replacement for it’s 6.8L gas guzzling V10. The news isn’t really shocking to most of us, just disappointing, as gas prices were making a high performance, large displacement motor much less feasible for the Mustang. Ford will likely take the funding for the Boss engine and point it toward much more fuel efficient programs such as the Ford Fiesta which will be making it’s appearance in American soon. So the Boss Mustang that was slated for 2010, has been scraped as well.

Back to top Go down

Boss Engine Dead before it's release. Empty Re: Boss Engine Dead before it's release.

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Sad that sucks! was looking forward to it... Dodge and Chevy pulled through so can ford! hi-perf ftw
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Boss Engine Dead before it's release. Empty Re: Boss Engine Dead before it's release.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:08 pm

I really hate hearing this. The "Boss" was a car I was looking forward to purchase in 2010.. Now I guess I'll have to see what else sparks my interest. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:11 am

It seems high gas prices are killing the muscle car all over again! Seems we've been down that road before.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:12 am

Danstang wrote:It seems high gas prices are killing the muscle car all over again! Seems we've been down that road before.

Introducing the 2010 4cyl boss jr rofl
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:34 pm

How about a 2010 King Cobra (mustangII) No
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by 95GTS Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:38 pm

That is just wrong...but understandable with gas being as high as it is. It will get worse before it ever gets better...As for me, I would own my Stang if gas was twice the price it is today...
95GTS
95GTS
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 356
Humor : Sometimes you're the windshield, Sometimes you're the bug...
My Ride/Rides: : 1995 GTS
Mods: : Basically stock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down