WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding Avatars

Go down

Adding Avatars Empty Adding Avatars

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:36 am

What is an Avatar?

An avatar is a small picture that is displayed under the user's name. This allows them to show their humor or to represent themselves.

Who chooses the avatar?

Members choose their avatar themselves, in their profile.

How to put an Avatar?

Click on in the link bar at the top of the forum page and then click on the "Avatar" link above the frame, at the right hand side of the page

Forumotion proposes 3 ways to you, depending on where the avatar is located

1- It the avatar is on your PC : you click on "Browse" (the button's language depends of your browser's language) to look for the picture on your hard drive, then submit.
CAUTION : By default, the picture must not exceed 32 KB in weight and 150*200 pixels in size. Only .jpg, .gif and .png format are accepted.

2- You can choose an avatar in the gallery (it must be enabled)

3- You can put the URL of an avatar that is hosted on the Web. You can choose to have it uploaded directly on the board's server (if you linked a googled image) with "Upload avatar from a URL", or link it off from the site where it's hosted (if you hosted it yourself). In the first options, the limits in size are applicated. In the second option, the limits in size and weight are not applicated and nothing will prevent a member from using very large pictures, so please respect the size limits, or it will be resized or adjusted by Admin.Again, only one image can be displayed at a time, its width cannot exceed 150 pixels, the height cannot exceed 200 pixels, and the file size cannot be higher than 64 KB.

Why is my avatar not animated?

If your avatar is on your PC, it cannot exceed 20 KB. Certain avatars exceed 20 KB with the animation, but are under 20 MB without the animation. In this case, the avatar is displayed without animation.

Back to top Go down

Adding Avatars Empty Re: Adding Avatars

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:54 pm

Yeah, I work on that later today. Quick question, how do I get to the main page(the very first page tht opens when you go to the sight) from the forums, without using the back arrow?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:56 pm

Cause when I click home it takes me to the forum page home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:38 pm

They are actually two seperate sites. When you click on the forum link on the homepage of wildhorses.net, the forum opens in a seperate window. When you close, or shrink the forum window, the homepage will still be there in a seperate window.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down