WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mustang Convertible Receives 5 Stars!!

3 posters

Go down

Mustang Convertible Receives 5 Stars!! Empty Mustang Convertible Receives 5 Stars!!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:57 pm

There are a number of reasons why the Ford Mustang convertible is so popular. Of course, it outsold the competition last year, and this year the topless steed is expected to do the same. But not just because of its aesthetics.

The 2008 Ford Mustang GT recently received a five-star rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), making it the first convertible to ever receive top markings from the organization.

The ratings come from frontal crash, side impact and rollover tests. The Mustang convertible also earned the highest performance rating in its side impact test from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).

That its body appears sturdy and well-mounted to the road is no illusion—the 2008 Ford Mustang GT’s body is one of the rigid on the road. While its stiffness holds performance value, it also aids in accident protection. Its torso has been called a “safety cage” that prevents deformation during impact.

Look to the front of the vehicle for more safety features, including octagonal front rails, designed to spread any intrusive force evenly at the firewall, eventually absorbing the energy and dissipating the force before they can reach the passenger compartment.

Air bag placement is always essential in safety, and Ford was sure to go with the latest dual-stage driver and front passenger air bags. Add to that the convertible’s safety belt pretensioners, all-speed traction control and anti-lock brakes.

Included in the Personal Safety System, which is designed to customize the vehicle’s response to the severity of the impact, is a new technology Ford has invested in: Beltminder®. This technology is installed in over 20 million vehicles and, fitting to its name, reminds the driver and front-passenger to buckle up.

Back to top Go down

Mustang Convertible Receives 5 Stars!! Empty Re: Mustang Convertible Receives 5 Stars!!

Post by Danstang Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:37 am

The car's handling alone has to be considered a safety +. The car is easy to drive I think, very controllable.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Mustang Convertible Receives 5 Stars!! Empty Re: Mustang Convertible Receives 5 Stars!!

Post by 1fstroush Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:26 pm

Nice, Ford is really trying to move towards taking the Domestic market back
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:47 pm

:*woohoo*: I knew I bought the good one
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down