WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1996 Cobra Decided to keep. Anyone have an oil cooler laying around for the 4.6?

2 posters

Go down

1996 Cobra Decided to keep.  Anyone have an oil cooler laying around for the 4.6? Empty 1996 Cobra Decided to keep. Anyone have an oil cooler laying around for the 4.6?

Post by russchessnut Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:25 pm

I have a nice 1996 Cobra for Sale. This car has 114,200 miles on the body and has a couple of minor spots on the drivers side fender, a small ding and a scratch into the primer, Some minor scratches on the hood. Car is Rio Red with tan interior and normal wear on drivers seat rest of inside looks like no one has sat in it.
The 4.6 dual overhead cam engine has been rebuilt. Bored .030, crank turned .010 & .010, Sealed power Pro Pistions & rings, Clevite Tri Armour Bearings, New Melling Oil Pump, New timing Chains gears, Guides and Tensioners. All new Ford Bolts- Head mains rods & cross Bolts. Heads Rebuilt. New water pump, New Clutch & Release Bearing. I used Royal Purple On all bearings and Chains & seals. All clearances were checked as engine was going together. Rods have been Reconditioned and Shot peened. Car has Shorty Headers and eibach lowering springs and I have had the front end aligned and seems fine but I did but a caster camber kit that goes with car. Tuner for car is available but believe it or not My Nephew wants another $250 for it But I will include it for an extra $250. I am 66 years old and have been building engines since I was 20 years old. This car came from My Nephew and He fried the motor with Nitrous which is on the car but I have not turned it on since Rebuild and Personally I wouldn't have it But I will leave this up to the buyer. This car needs a Pro tune since the rev limiter has been turned Up. I have put more money in this car then I am going to get out of it but when I got into it I couldn't in good Concience slip shod this engine and sell it to any one. Although the A/C pump locked up on Me I will also leave this up to the buyer.
I am asking $10,000 for the car but will entertain any good faith offer. I paid $4,000 for the car plus alle the parts and machine work so take that into consideration when making offer. Due to nature of the BEAST I will not express any warranty or imply one as I am sure You can understand, There is another New Stroker engine for this car w/ ported heads for $3,800 but am not sure what all is there. If interested I will find out.
Contact Me through this link or russchessnut@aol.com

Last edited by russchessnut on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Need to sell)
russchessnut
russchessnut
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 12
Humor : Politics? Don't get Me started LOLOF
My Name: : Russell Norris
My Ride/Rides: : 1996 Cobra SVT Rio Red W/ tan interior
114,000 on body
This Ride is for Sale!! Best offer over $9,000
Mods: : New Engine rebuild- Bored .030, Crank turned .010+.010, Rods reconditioned and Shot Peened, Sealed Power Pro Pistons, Clevite Tri Armour Bearings, all New Ford Bolts mains, rods, heads, cross bolts. Heads Rebuilt. All new Timing chainsm Guides, Gears and Tensioners. New Melling High Volume Oil Pump, New Water Pump, New Knock Sensors, New Clutch. Shorty Headers, Nox system, Eibach Lowering Springs. Less then 200 miles on engine and No Nitrous since Rebuild

Back to top Go down

1996 Cobra Decided to keep.  Anyone have an oil cooler laying around for the 4.6? Empty Re: 1996 Cobra Decided to keep. Anyone have an oil cooler laying around for the 4.6?

Post by russchessnut Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:51 pm

I forgot to say that this car is located in Northern Kentucky not too far from Lawernceburg, In.
russchessnut
russchessnut
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

114,000 on body
Mods: : New Engine rebuild- Bored .030, Crank turned .010+.010, Rods reconditioned and Shot Peened, Sealed Power Pro Pistons, Clevite Tri Armour Bearings, all New Ford Bolts mains, rods, heads, cross bolts. Heads Rebuilt. All new Timing chainsm Guides, Gears and Tensioners. New Melling High Volume Oil Pump, New Water Pump, New Knock Sensors, New Clutch. Shorty Headers, Nox system, Eibach Lowering Springs. Less then 200 miles on engine and No Nitrous since Rebuild

Back to top Go down

1996 Cobra Decided to keep.  Anyone have an oil cooler laying around for the 4.6? Empty Re: 1996 Cobra Decided to keep. Anyone have an oil cooler laying around for the 4.6?

Post by BraMas Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:04 pm

good luck with sale! I hope you get what your asking but the market is flooded with Cheaper Cobra's you might be setting on this one for awhile
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by russchessnut Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:32 pm

I know what You are saying and I have WAY too much in this car. When I bought it My Nephew told Me that it ran and had oil pressure but it had a ROD knock.. I didn't even start it I just took his word and that was a BAD mistake. It had spun 6 out of 8 rod bearings and the Mains were on the verge of locking up. So there I sat with a $4,000 piece of junk. I thought I could do a crank job and recondition and put it back together but when Monarch machine called Me and told Me that it had 1 cyl. that was bad I had no choice but to go ahead and do a major overhaul. even at $10,000 I am losing money but at this point I will take any reasonable offer Hoping it will be somewhere around $8,000. If it had an ato. trans. I would keep it but We know that they didn't make this an option on the Cobra. Do You think I would be better off to go ahead and put the A/C pump on it? Another $200. I do thatnk You for Your input..
russchessnut
russchessnut
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

114,000 on body

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Personally I would fix the A/C I know its one more thing on top of everything you have done but someone looking for a Cobra is going to want everything working. Sure a younger person wont give a crap but they are already going to be turned away because they are thinking they can get a beat up pos for $6k somewhere else.
Send me info on the stroker motor you have. I just broke my 4V and looking at all options
Tim
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by russchessnut Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:21 pm

The Stroker is still at the machine shop and I know that the heads have been ported and that it is a new Tesked Block and parts are new. I have pics on My facebook page of the rods and pistons Mahle's I will have to find out if the valves and springs are there as this engine belongs to My Nephew. I do know that it is at Dayton Performance in Dayton, Oh. I will try to get the nimber for You. I will be happy if someone offers Me around $8,000 for mine and I have a LOT more then that in it. I have to admit I have to learn the hard way but the motor in this car has to be worth $5,000. I priced a used one with 140,000 miles on it for $3,800. Why don't You offer Me $7,500 and You will have a new motor and a nice body LOL
russchessnut
russchessnut
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

114,000 on body

Back to top Go down

Post by russchessnut Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:37 pm

The Stroker engine is at Dayton Performance- There is a Block, stroker kit with Mahle piston's & rings, Manley Rods with Clevite bearings 2 used Cobra heads that have been Ported with Stock Cobra Cams. No springs and I believe no valves but Seats have been done. Mike at Dayton Performance say's that $3,000 would be a fair price so if interested let Me know and I will have the Whole thing here in Northern Ky. Greater Cincinnati where You can pick it up.
russchessnut
russchessnut
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

114,000 on body

Back to top Go down

Post by russchessnut Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 pm

With a brand new Engine rebuild, the Nitrous system and all the up grades on this car surely someone could make an offer on this car. The Engine alone is worth $5,000. Believe Me when I say this car is a nice ride. You may be able to find them for 4 to 6 K but they won't have the new rebuild and up grades. Please, someone make an offer.
I may have a chance to trade this car for a 1972 thunderbird with 52,000 miles on it. What do You think? T-Bird is not perfect but has no rust nor has it been wrecked
russchessnut
russchessnut
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

114,000 on body

Back to top Go down

Post by russchessnut Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:45 pm

How hard is an auto trans conversion on this car?
russchessnut
russchessnut
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

114,000 on body

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down