WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Cobra Jet Mustang Debuts

2 posters

Go down

2013 Cobra Jet Mustang Debuts Empty 2013 Cobra Jet Mustang Debuts

Post by Danstang Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:27 pm

2013 Cobra Jet Mustang Debuts Cobraj10

Since its victorious introduction at the NHRA Winternationals in 1968, Ford’s Cobra Jet Mustang has created a legacy of power, performance and triumph. That legacy was renewed in 2008 when Ford Racing offered a limited run of the 40th Anniversary Cobra Jet Mustang that quickly sold out. Subsequent 2010 and 2012 model year offerings of the Cobra Jet have proved just as popular.

The 21st century CJ has carved its own legacy at drag strips across the country, becoming the winningest late model in NHRA with national event wins in 2009, 2010 and 2011 and numerous class records this season alone. On Friday Dec. 2, Ford Racing unveiled the 2013 Cobra Jet Mustang at the Performance Racing Industry show in Orlando, Fla.

With more than three seasons of testing, racing and customer feedback, the 2013 Cobra Jet marks the continued evolution of the factory-produced turnkey race car. Designed for NHRA Stock and Super Stock competition, the 2013 model is better than ever and features the latest drag racing technology for greater speed and consistency.

“The 2008 Cobra Jet is a great car. It does everything we wanted it to do,” said George Goddu, business manager, Ford Racing Performance Group. “We’re really proud of that car, but we improve with each new Cobra Jet offering and 2013 is no exception.”

2013 Cobra Jet Mustang Debuts Cobraj11

The 2013 Cobra Jet offers two 5.0-liter Ti-VCT engine options. Customers may choose a naturally aspirated engine with Cobra Jet induction system, CNC ported heads, high-lift cams and low-drag accessory drive, or a 2.9-liter Whipple supercharged version with CNC port-matched manifold and heads, and a proprietary 10-rib supercharger drive system for high-rpm use without belt slip.

“The 5.0-liter has all the attributes to make a world-class drag racing engine and is ideal for the Cobra Jet,” said Goddu. “Both the naturally aspirated and supercharged engines will be competitive as delivered.”

Additionally, the 2013 Cobra Jet chassis has been improved. Lightweight body modifications give better weight distribution and electric power steering provides better driveability without parasitic horsepower loss. A new roll cage design is optimized for safety and chassis rigidity while the brake pedal ratio has been revised for more modulation and stopping power. And the rear suspension geometry delivers faster and more consistent 60-foot times.

The 2013 Cobra Jet is priced to be the best value, with an approximate MSRP of $86,000 with the naturally aspirated engine option and $93,000 with the supercharged engine. Additional options and pricing will be announced in January 2012. Like many of Ford Racing’s previous turnkey race cars, the 2013 Cobra Jet Mustang will be built by the United Auto Workers at the AutoAlliance International plant in Flat Rock, Mich. Production of Cobra Jets will commence in June 2012, with delivery of all vehicles expected midsummer 2012.

Cobra Jet components will be available through Ford Performance Parts, allowing racers to upgrade their Mustangs to Cobra Jet specifications. 2013 Cobra Jet production is limited to only 50 units and orders placed through Ford dealers will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. (Part number M-FR500-CJ.)

Finally, all Cobra Jet fans can help choose the color of the 2013 Cobra Jet – classic white, silver or black – by voting online at www.fordracing.com. Voting ends Dec. 31, 2011.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

2013 Cobra Jet Mustang Debuts Empty Re: 2013 Cobra Jet Mustang Debuts

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:32 am

Build has started per Ford Racing Newsletter!

Work Begins on Building the 2013 Cobra Jet Mustang
Production of 50 all-new 2013 Cobra Jet Mustangs started last week. The 2013 Cobra Jets are currently at a Ford Racing supplier where their bodies are lightened and roll cages are installed. The Cobra Jet's 8.50-ET legal roll cage is constructed of 4130 Chrome-Moly tubing and was designed using FEA analysis. After the cage and other body modifications are complete, the cars are sent to the Auto Alliance International assembly plant for paint and final build. For a gallery of the cage install

2013 COBRA JET BUILD PICS HERE
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down