WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the best tuner?

+3
BraMas
Krutch21
GreyGhost
7 posters

Go down

Whats the best tuner? Empty Whats the best tuner?

Post by GreyGhost Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:08 pm

I am thinking about buying a hand held tuner for my car, and was just wondering witch one to get? I have heard good things about both the SCT and the DiabloSport. I'm leaning towards the SCT, But wondering what is the differance between the SCT SF3 and the SCT X3? Witch one would be better?

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Whats the best tuner? Empty Re: Whats the best tuner?

Post by Krutch21 Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Both are good tuners, But the biggest difference is that SCT has a more user friendly OS and most shops that tune prefer to use SCT over Diablosport. As Far as the SF3 and X3 difference, To my knowledge I'm pretty sure they are the same and are based more on the car they go on. I have an X3, but when i went to update it all the updates are X3/SF3 non specific for either tuner.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Like TJ said consider the SCT. I know most of the tuner shops in our area prefer SCT. Also consider getting the tuner an a place like American Muscle where you can get free tunes for life. Which is perfect for someone that has a bolt on car like yours. other places offer free tunes just not sure on all of them right now
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Look at all the features they both have and pick the one you like most. I went with the Preditor because at the time it was the only one that would allow you to make adjustments to the tune your self and also read your trouble codes. Thought the second one would come in handy from time to time.
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:58 am

SCT! cheers
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 am

Eturner wrote:Look at all the features they both have and pick the one you like most. I went with the Preditor because at the time it was the only one that would allow you to make adjustments to the tune your self and also read your trouble codes. Thought the second one would come in handy from time to time.
SCT can do all of that and I'm pretty sure has always been able to to all of that
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:27 pm

I talked to someone from SCT and they suggested the SF3 for the fact that it comes with 3 tunes (for mostly bolt ons) for my car. The X3 comes with 3 dyno tunes (more for a supercharger or nitrous). They both have free tunes for life and are updateable via the internet/e-mail. Both have user adjustable features and can read/erase codes. I have one I'm watching on ebay and hope to be able to purchase it soon.

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:33 pm

ebay? I hope it is a reputable shop you are getting it from. If it is used make sure it is not linked to a car already. I love eBay and 1/2 car is build with eBay parts but a tuner is not something I would buy off eBay
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:30 am

be careful with an ebay purchase. if the shop isnt a vendor for SCT then there will be no repaires/ waranty items covered by via SCT, i believe?
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:22 pm

The seller is BilletDepotOnline, I do believe they are UPR or at least affilliated with them. They are a good seller and sell brand new SCT products, The one I'm looking at is new "unlocked" and comes with a full warranty.

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Supercheese Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:56 pm

I have the predator.. The way I looked at it is, at the time, it's data logging was much better then SCT's and I really only needed to update for the gears.. Also at the time it was cheaper... I didn't want to spend as much as possible because they useless on major mods (aka, blowers heads cams intakes).. And you'll end up going to a tuner anyways... OR you can get the SCT pro racer package (which was around a grand) and try tuning the car yourself... But I wouldn't....
Supercheese
Supercheese
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 99
My Name: : Joe D
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 GT and 1966 Coupe
Mods: : 2001 GT.. way too much.
1966 Coupe.. bone stock original

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:56 pm

I went with Preditor for a couple of reasons... One of them being that the company I got it from sold it as a package deal with a CAI and coils!.. All for just a little more than the tuner itself!... Plus at the time it was the only one I could find that said it could read/erase trouble codes!... And a few more things too!!... But that was almost 5 years ago now...
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down