WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clay Bar Tip!!

2 posters

Go down

Clay Bar Tip!! Empty Clay Bar Tip!!

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:55 am

Professional Car Care Tips
"Clay is Not a Mystery"
How do I know when I need to clay?

After you wash and dry your car, run the palm and fingertips of your clean hand across the top surfaces. Don't be surprised if what you feel is rough and bumpy. The roughness you feel is the presence of harmful environmental bonded contaminants such as over-spay, fallout, brake dust, tree sap mist and more that have bonded to your paint finish. Most of these contaminants will wash right off if immediately addressed, however, others bond to the finish and week by week, if not dealt with, will gradually mask and blur the reflection. To remove these bonded contaminants and bring back that "smooth-as-glass" finish, this will require an extra step, prior to polishing and waxing, commonly referred to as "claying". By utilizing a Clay Kit, you can, clay an entire vehicle, giving it back that "smooth-as-glass" feel… and properly preparing that surface for a quality coat of wax. By doing this, your car will not only feel incredible, it will look incredible as well as ensure the wax that you apply shines and protects properly.

Back to top Go down

Clay Bar Tip!! Empty Re: Clay Bar Tip!!

Post by JH96GT Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:22 am

Clay is good stuff. I use it a couple of times a summer just to pull of contaminants.

I think this summer I'm gonna try Zaino though.
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:38 am

Is clay bar as easy as you guys make it sound or can it screw up my paint if not done right. Cool
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by JH96GT Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:52 am

Make sure you use plenty of the supplied lubricant (sounds dirty) and keep the clay bar clean, as in no trash on it. That can jack your paint up quick.
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:58 pm

Yep, keeping the clay bar clean is the biggest concern. Now they do offer a liquid form of clay bar, but I can't honestly give any tips. Haven't ran into anyone that has used the liquid form..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:04 pm

Agreed, the clay bar makes a BIG difference. Just don't clay bar a dirty car and grind the dirt into the paint. Also fold it over on to itself as you use it. I use it a lot, especially on the front of the car. :^drunk^:

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:52 pm

Cool I put a fresh coat of wax before winter. So when I get her out this spring I can just wash it and start the clay bar process. Cool
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum