WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Header help!!

5 posters

Go down

Header help!! Empty Header help!!

Post by jpac811 Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Hey guys. Im about to order some headers and x pipe. I was wondering if you guys recommend me installing this myself or having a shop do it for me. I heard it was an all day thing. Im mechanically inclined but have basic tools. Do I need anything special? All advice will be appreciated. Btw the install will be on my 07 GT 5spd. Thanks
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 144
Humor : anything funny
My Name: : Jon
My Ride/Rides: : 2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium, Alloy
Mods: : 464WHP/438FT-LBS Whipple Supercharger, 3.5in Pulley, BBR 93oct dyno tuned w/SCT Xcal2, BBK long tubes, BBK o/r X, Borla cat back exhaust, Exedy Mach 500, Eibach Pro Kit, BBR LCAs, BBR Adj. Pan Hard Bar, 4300k HIDs, LED map lights/ turn signals/ side markers/ rear side markers/ reverse lights/ license plate light, Plasti dipped Pony/GT emblems, VHT'd front turn signals, rear side markers, tail lights, third brake light
Vids of both my rides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jpac811

Back to top Go down

Header help!! Empty Re: Header help!!

Post by Krutch21 Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:18 pm

If your going to do it. Get an engine cradle or a something to hold the engine and drop the K member. It'll be a tight fit but that will make it so much easier. Having a compressor and Impact tools will make it easier and faster. As far as specialty tools. basically any special tools you need to drop the K member.
Krutch21
Krutch21
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 469
My Name: : T.J
My Ride/Rides: : 04 Mystichrome Cobra

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:05 pm

thanks!
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Mods: : 464WHP/438FT-LBS Whipple Supercharger, 3.5in Pulley, BBR 93oct dyno tuned w/SCT Xcal2, BBK long tubes, BBK o/r X, Borla cat back exhaust, Exedy Mach 500, Eibach Pro Kit, BBR LCAs, BBR Adj. Pan Hard Bar, 4300k HIDs, LED map lights/ turn signals/ side markers/ rear side markers/ reverse lights/ license plate light, Plasti dipped Pony/GT emblems, VHT'd front turn signals, rear side markers, tail lights, third brake light
Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:20 am

I have the compressor and impact!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Nice. Well I just ordered BBK long tubes, BBK X pipe, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Eibach pro springs, BBR LCAs, BBR adj. pan hard bar and a new tune. Im picking all these up Friday or Saturday of Mustang week!!!
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:24 pm

party at your place!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:05 am

Bring them all! We'll get it installed, my fee is a cooler full of beer for all to drink while working!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:56 am

if you need tips on bleeding the Hyd. clutch after the clutch install let me know I can give you tips. I just did one on an 07 and Ford did not put a bleeder screw on the slave cyl.
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks for the offer Rich!! I can deff bring the beer just need to know what you guys like. I should be getting the clutch tomorrow and just letting a shop install it on Friday. The rest will be installed by me and whoever else would like to help but this will be the weekend after Mustang week since thats when Im picking it all up. BBR is bringing them from FL so I dont have to pay for shipping since I was going to Mustang week any way.
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:28 pm

That's the weekend that I'm getting married so I wont be able to help ya there partner, I'll be installing something of my own. Twisted Evil I'll catch you on the next install though.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jpac811 Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:42 pm

lol I will prolly be doing the install on the 29/30 a week after Mustang week.
jpac811
jpac811
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Vids of both my rides:

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:19 am

I'll be coming home on the 30th. If you could hold off for one more weekend I'd be happy to help. I don't have much patience though so if you're like me you'll be ready to get them on as soon as they come in!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down