WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the market...

+4
FRCE_FED
Wolvee
BraMas
scstanger
8 posters

Go down

In the market... Empty In the market...

Post by scstanger Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:40 am

Well gang it's time to purchase a new vehicle!!!!! I'm looking for an 01-04 Cobra so if anyone knows of one for sale for a reasonable price please let me know. I rushed into my last purchase and do not plan on doing the same with the next one and I will make sure that I get what I want this time. Also my car will be for sale if anyone is interested. I'm thinking $4500 as is but that's for another area! Anyway, I know that the 03-04 has the terminator motors but that's getting out of my price range. I would like to stay under 15k if possible. Everyone please keep your eyes looking for me. Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone from SC!!! party
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

In the market... Empty Re: In the market...

Post by BraMas Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:05 am

Don't forget about looking at Mach 1's there are plenty under $15K. Why are you not looking at 99 Cobra's?
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:09 am

BraMas wrote:Don't forget about looking at Mach 1's there are plenty under $15K. Why are you not looking at 99 Cobra's?

'Not that there's anything wrong with that'
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Richard, i thought you had a big motor swap in the mix for this year?!?
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:15 pm

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/cobras-buy-sell-244/723267-1999-oxford-white-cobra-vert-11-500-obo.html

99 vert price dropped to 10k, check out svtperformance.com they have a nice 93-01 cobra section

In the market... 9335_135551844686_555019686_2282058_5943354_n

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/cobras-buy-sell-244/738427-fs-1999-cobra-black-black-63k-se-pa-motivated-seller.html
1999 Cobra black/black 63K SE PA! MOTIVATED SELLER! $10,500
In the market... 99cobra012-2
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Richard there is a black terminator convertible right around the corner from me... i will try to swing by and check the price tomorrow...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:11 am

Thanks guys. Any in that body style will work. I really like the spoiler that came on the 03-04 models and the way they look from behind! The guy that had the motor to swap and was going to do the work passed away a few weeks ago and I haven't heard anything else from the rest of the crew in the shop. My car needs one of everything really and I knew that when I bought it but with the new house and working two jobs I just don't have time to be constantly working on a project. I would rather buy one that only need routine maintenance and the occasional upgrade. Shady check on that for me, I would love to ride down and see you and the fam anyway.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Richard i would also suggest checking the charleston area craigslist... I haven't been around the area here too much but we all know military members love their mustangs and when they get reassigned sometimes its just easier to sell the car than move it... when i was at Sheppard AFB and my wife came down for the weekend we saw a lot of 96-98 cobra's for $4,000-$5,000.... I'm thinking with the Air Force and Naval Weapons bases right here there has to be something on craigslist... LOL

Shady
Admin

Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:06 am

Any opinions on the Roush stage 1 with upgrades? Here is the ad:

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/2128910829.html
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:08 am

It's a nice car, but it is not far from stock GT's. The Stage 1 was mostly an appearance package. I would think for the price and year it sounds high for my tastes. Oil pressure issues to think about also. I think if you are in the market for Cobra's or Mach1's, I'd pass on this one. Cobra's from the same year would be better on the performance side of things for a few more $$$'s.
Just my .02 though.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:55 pm

I cant tell its a GT or a sixer?!?!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:23 pm

FRCE_FED wrote:I cant tell its a GT or a sixer?!?!
good point... shouldn't it say Mustang GT Roush if its the V-8?

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:25 pm

BTW Richard i went to look at that Terminator here for ya and it had sold just hours before i got there... but they were asking $22,350

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:29 pm

BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:42 am

Now that is a great car for the price, good find there Tim. All it needs are louvers and lowering springs. Very Happy
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:54 pm

I have talked with the guy a lot and it's definitely a Roush GT. I do like the car Tim but I'm looking for a 5-6sp. No more auto's for me! I would like to stay under 10k if possible. Not sure exactly what I want to pay for yet. Keep the advice coming gang, I love it!!!!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:05 am

Under 10k is going to be tough for a Terminator, unless your willing to accept big problems or big miles. I sold my 03 vert (with 50k miles IIRC) for $16k last June to a dealer that got about 19k for it within a couple of weeks (hey, I had it for $18k negotiable and nobody bought it). It was a sweet car though and I miss it.

$22k that Shady saw is at the top end, and only worth it if it has very few miles and stored except on sunny days. Generally stock cars bring more money than modifieds, unless you absolutely know the owner and what was done to the car by whom. Its a real crap shoot to get a modified.

Good luck and happy hunting! Smile
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:59 pm

wingedone wrote:Under 10k is going to be tough for a Terminator, unless your willing to accept big problems or big miles. I sold my 03 vert (with 50k miles IIRC) for $16k last June to a dealer that got about 19k for it within a couple of weeks (hey, I had it for $18k negotiable and nobody bought it). It was a sweet car though and I miss it.

$22k that Shady saw is at the top end, and only worth it if it has very few miles and stored except on sunny days. Generally stock cars bring more money than modifieds, unless you absolutely know the owner and what was done to the car by whom. Its a real crap shoot to get a modified.

Good luck and happy hunting! Smile

yeah it was an 03 vert with 37,000 miles... Looked mint condition from what i could see

Shady
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:06 am

Shady I will definitely call you to see if we can meet up this evening but I'm not sure if I will have to go in to UPS tonight or not. If not we'll do dinner or something but if I do then I will be picking it up and hauling a** back to Columbia. I will post some good high quality pictures of the new ride by this weekend.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:26 pm

congrats again man!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Are you still looking for a 01-04 Cobra. I know of a guy in the San Fran Bay area that has a very nice 2001 Cobra white with only 8000 miles on it, I was going to buy the car until I decided to just keep my own. Very nice car and low miles. If you are still interested send me an email pointed@earthlink.net
Frank

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 243

http://wildhorsesmustangassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:05 am

No sir I bought the Roush last night and let me tell you guys that is a totally different beast than the 97 vert! I love this car! Drove home from Charleston last night, sorry Shady I had to work brother, and this thing handles like a dream on the interstate. I'm going to clean her up real good this weekend and post some family pictures. It's nice to have two different stangs sitting in the driveway!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:53 am

Congrats on your new car! Smile

Looking forward to seeing the pics!
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:46 pm

time to save up for a supercharger or turbo 3gears
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down