WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clutch Prefrence

2 posters

Go down

Clutch Prefrence Empty Clutch Prefrence

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2008 4:38 pm

What clutch kit would you get if you had a 2002 mustang gt with a T-3650?

Back to top Go down

Clutch Prefrence Empty Re: Clutch Prefrence

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2008 4:38 pm

I'm thinking about a spec stage 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2008 8:09 pm

Didn't you say you planned on going forced induction in the future? If so I would just go ahead and get a stage 3/stage 3+.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri May 09, 2008 10:43 pm

come on pat lol, stage 2+ Smile
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 09, 2008 11:22 pm

stage 3 spec with a ford TOB. their throwouts are junk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2008 1:12 am

Have fun with the Stage 3... They wreak havoc on stock transmissions due to the initial shock they put through the drive train. I'd look at an organic type of disc if I were you. I had the stage 1, and it had a factory defect. I didn't like it. However, it may be a good clutch if you get a good one.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Sat May 10, 2008 1:42 am

I really think that spec screwed me because i have a spec stage 3 (supposed to ) and its mushy.... of coarse i havent tried to dump it so we will see what happens in a few weeks Smile TRACK TIME
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2008 6:23 am

Murph wrote:I really think that spec screwed me because i have a spec stage 3 (supposed to ) and its mushy.... of coarse i havent tried to dump it so we will see what happens in a few weeks Smile TRACK TIME

You haven't really had much of a break in period though. So after a while it may work itself out. You can find a lot of posts about people that didn't like the way it felt after initially going in but after the break in they love em.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 10, 2008 10:03 am

You know what...? i'm just going to go with a stock replacement. I really like the feel of the stock clutch. I like the firmness and the give. My dad has a king cobra in his 99 gt, and i hate it! the relese point is to different. My dad said that the relese point of his king cobra will be very similar to a stage 2 or 3 spec. So i'm just gonna get a stock clutch.

By the way i drive, it'll be gone in a year anyway haha. Then i'll have enough for a t-56 (found em for $2400!!!!!!!) and a spec. + on top of that a blower (hopefullt)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 11, 2008 4:51 am

Centerfore Dual Friction FTW I had a Spec stage 2 and hated it. I had more problems with that clutch than anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Sun May 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Centerforce Dual Friction X2
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2008 4:26 pm

Pat not sure if you are still thinking about getting an aftermarket clutch or not, but I guess this could apply to anyone. Through May American Muscle is offering 8% off spec clutches. The code is fcmay08specck8off

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2008 4:28 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:Pat not sure if you are still thinking about getting an aftermarket clutch or not, but I guess this could apply to anyone. Through May American Muscle is offering 8% off spec clutches. The code is fcmay08specck8off

Damn! well i already got it installed.

Just got my car back today inface :*drive*:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 15, 2008 4:30 pm

MustangManiac wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:Pat not sure if you are still thinking about getting an aftermarket clutch or not, but I guess this could apply to anyone. Through May American Muscle is offering 8% off spec clutches. The code is fcmay08specck8off

Damn! well i already got it installed.

Just got my car back today inface :*drive*:

How's it driving?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down