WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lowering

4 posters

Go down

lowering Empty lowering

Post by Guest Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:12 pm

hey guys soooo...... i plan on lowering my 07 this fall what is the maximum drop without having to chance anything but springs? ans at what lvls would i need to replace other things? any help is welcome

Back to top Go down

lowering Empty Re: lowering

Post by GreyGhost Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:28 pm

I would say 1 /1.5 inches would be the most I would drop without changing the struts and shocks. It would be alot easier to change everything at the same time if funds will allow. it will also make for a better ride. With the s197 1/1.5 dont require any caster/camber plates, thou adjustments would be alot easier also. I'm not no expert, but I've been thru this already with my car.

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by D Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:09 pm

What size rims u guys got.. ive been wanted to drop mine. but cant deside on what to get. i got 18s and i wanted the tires to be at the fenders..
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:37 am

Buy the FRPP package for your year/model. You cannot go wrong with drop and ride of it. Stay away from the knockoff brands as well. Been there done that.

My next choice would be Eibach Sportline kits.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:45 am

Eibach Sportline FTW! That's what I put on mine and although its not the same model as yours the ride quality would be the same I would think. In most cases anything more than 1.5" will require caster/camber plates but like these guys said, if you're lowering your car you should go ahead and change the struts and shocks if the money is there to do so. I haven't changed mine yet and cannot wait to get new ones. The eibach sportline springs are definitely the way to go in my opinion.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:37 pm

GreyGhost wrote:I would say 1 /1.5 inches would be the most I would drop without changing the struts and shocks. It would be alot easier to change everything at the same time if funds will allow. it will also make for a better ride. With the s197 1/1.5 dont require any caster/camber plates, thou adjustments would be alot easier also. I'm not no expert, but I've been thru this already with my car.

so how low did you go?

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:17 pm

geauxblack wrote:
GreyGhost wrote:I would say 1 /1.5 inches would be the most I would drop without changing the struts and shocks. It would be alot easier to change everything at the same time if funds will allow. it will also make for a better ride. With the s197 1/1.5 dont require any caster/camber plates, thou adjustments would be alot easier also. I'm not no expert, but I've been thru this already with my car.

so how low did you go?

I have the FRPP kit, I bought it used off of eBay. It was supposed to be 1.5, but I think I got 1.5 in the front and 2 in the back. I like the way it sits but I wish the ride was a little better. I still have the stock wheels and tires for now, I hope if/when I change to 18's it might help with the ride a little.

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by D Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:38 pm

i think im going to need like a 2 and a 2.5 drop. whats a good one to get with 18s that will sit right at the tires
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:10 pm

D wrote:i think im going to need like a 2 and a 2.5 drop. whats a good one to get with 18s that will sit right at the tires

Like scstanger said; "The eibach sportline springs are definitely the way to go in my opinion."

GreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by D Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 pm

right on..
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W