WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruisin' the Gut in Lansing has been canceled

+5
StateGT
MuscleStang
scstanger
Wolvee
Danstang
9 posters

Go down

Cruisin' the Gut in Lansing has been canceled Empty Cruisin' the Gut in Lansing has been canceled

Post by Danstang Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 am

It's a sad day for cruisers and the nostalgia of cruising, It was announced on Saturday by the "Cruisin' the Gut" organizer, Craig Parrish, that there will be no more Cruisin' the Gut car shows in downtown Lansing. The two events listed on our calender have been removed. Sad

Click here for more info---->Loss of Cruisin' the Gut
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Cruisin' the Gut in Lansing has been canceled Empty Re: Cruisin' the Gut in Lansing has been canceled

Post by Wolvee Wed May 12, 2010 12:39 pm

This was evident by the Police F***ing with everyone they could.

Parrish complained that the folks who run downtown Lansing never really embraced the shows
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Cruisin' the Gut in Lansing has been canceled Empty Re: Cruisin' the Gut in Lansing has been canceled

Post by scstanger Wed May 12, 2010 1:23 pm

That's too bad. Sorry to hear it MI Chapter.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by MuscleStang Fri May 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Sxynerd wrote:This was evident by the Police F***ing with everyone they could.

Parrish complained that the folks who run downtown Lansing never really embraced the shows

So maybe they'll cancel the Marshal cruise too??? (Yes I'm still p.o.'ed, I just think it's pretty crappy the way COPs have to screw with people just for having fun, (safely)!!!!!

banghead deadhorse mad mad mad
MuscleStang
MuscleStang
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 206
Humor : yes
My Name: : Glenn
My Ride/Rides: : .

My son's ride--
'03 Mustang GT convertible,
{Dark Shadow Grey Metallic}
My ride--
'66 Falcon/Fairlane Ranchero Sport

Mods: : .
'03-
CAI,
BBK 78 mm Throttle Intake,
MAC H-pipe,
DynoMax cat-back,
Microchips-performance tune,
4:10 FRPP gears,,,

'66-
302 stroked - 331 +++

440 HP

Back to top Go down

Post by StateGT Fri May 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Anyone going to the Cruise - In in Portland tonite ? Tempted , but doing a road trip with a friend tomorrow and Dennis is up North.

StateGT
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 28
My Name: : Barb
My Ride/Rides: : 06 Colorado Red GT coupe . Winter ride 08 Caravan to haul day care kids around and avoid SUV drivers who can't drive in Winter conditions.
Mods: : Seqential tail lights , shock tower covers , lots of bevels , "chrome" mirror and door handle covers , shortie antenna , interior dress ups , Ford Factory bra for stone protection , fits better than others we tried , car cover for Winter storage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat May 15, 2010 2:54 pm

StateGT wrote:Anyone going to the Cruise - In in Portland tonite ? Tempted , but doing a road trip with a friend tomorrow and Dennis is up North.
Dang, didn't know about that one. Did you go?
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeStang Sat May 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Hey Dan, there is a pretty good Cruise the Gut every year in downtown Battle Creek. I think it is August 6 & 7. I don't know how it compares to Lansing's as I have never been to that one before but there are always a lot of cars at the Battle Creek one. Something that might be worth checking out... shrug
OrangeStang
OrangeStang
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 12
My Name: : Ross
My Ride/Rides: : 1967 Coupe Hardtop
Mods: : Tear-Drop Fiberglass Hood, 331 Stroker, 9-in Rear 3.70posi, Disc Brakes Conversion, C4 swap, subframe connectors, flowmaster 40 exhaust, B&M shifter, AR Torque Thrust Wheels, HD suspension, Urethane bushings, 1968 Grill.

Back to top Go down

Post by StateGT Sat May 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Didn't go to Portland , but did Route 12 from Coldwater to Manchester today with a friend having a tough time with chemo. She needed a change of scenery. Heard there's a big cruise in , think it August sometime that the Allen's Drive-in , like an early Sonics , along the line of an A + W , sponsors somehow. I was told they had 4,000 ( REALLY ? ) cars show up for the last one and that the traffic all goes one way down the main street for a while. They close off several streets just for parking. Guy at the Antique Village says they City really co-operates with it ! Sounds a bit crazy , Maybe it will show up on PureMichigan.org or maybe there's a phone nemuber somewhere for Allen's. They were super busy today. Really neat place.

StateGT
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 28
My Name: : Barb
My Ride/Rides: : 06 Colorado Red GT coupe . Winter ride 08 Caravan to haul day care kids around and avoid SUV drivers who can't drive in Winter conditions.
Mods: : Seqential tail lights , shock tower covers , lots of bevels , "chrome" mirror and door handle covers , shortie antenna , interior dress ups , Ford Factory bra for stone protection , fits better than others we tried , car cover for Winter storage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun May 16, 2010 12:05 pm

OrangeStang wrote:Hey Dan, there is a pretty good Cruise the Gut every year in downtown Battle Creek. I think it is August 6 & 7. I don't know how it compares to Lansing's as I have never been to that one before but there are always a lot of cars at the Battle Creek one. Something that might be worth checking out... shrug
Heck yeah, I'll have to see what we can squeeze in. Be a nice change of pace in that area.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sun May 16, 2010 6:03 pm

OrangeStang wrote:Hey Dan, there is a pretty good Cruise the Gut every year in downtown Battle Creek. I think it is August 6 & 7. I don't know how it compares to Lansing's as I have never been to that one before but there are always a lot of cars at the Battle Creek one. Something that might be worth checking out... shrug

Completely off topic: I didn't know you had a 351 in your 67? How was the swap anything I should look for or avoid when I go for it?
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by JimC Sun May 16, 2010 10:23 pm

There is still the Port Huron Cruise Night on July 9, 2010!
JimC
JimC
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeStang Sun May 16, 2010 11:34 pm

Sxynerd wrote:

Completely off topic: I didn't know you had a 351 in your 67? How was the swap anything I should look for or avoid when I go for it?

Yeah it had a 351 when I bought it. I have it out of the car and all tore apart right now. All the windsors (260, 289, 302, 351) fit early mustangs without any trouble. The 351w is pretty much the 302 block with a taller deck height for a longer stroke. Trying to put a cleveland in an early mustang can be difficult though, especially running headers between shock towers. Mine is currently converted to electronic ignition too although I have some wiring I need to redo from the previous owner's partial hack job.
OrangeStang
OrangeStang
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Mods: : Tear-Drop Fiberglass Hood, 331 Stroker, 9-in Rear 3.70posi, Disc Brakes Conversion, C4 swap, subframe connectors, flowmaster 40 exhaust, B&M shifter, AR Torque Thrust Wheels, HD suspension, Urethane bushings, 1968 Grill.

Back to top Go down

Post by whitesnake Mon May 17, 2010 10:28 am

me and james tried the battle creek cruise last year and they wouldn't let us in the cop said we too new of a car its for classic cars 1970 and older
whitesnake
whitesnake
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 61
Humor : sneaking up on you for the strike
My Name: : mike & chrystal
My Ride/Rides: : 99 cobra svt mustang white
Mods: : 18" boss chrome wheels,tinted windows,halo headlights,jlt cold air intake,led underbody lights.
cobra snake ,flames air bushed on the car

Back to top Go down

Post by MuscleStang Mon May 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Sxynerd wrote:

Sorry,, off topic too, nice 67!!!!! My favorite year! And 351w, in my opinion best engine ever! Had one in a 79 that just wouldn't die.......
3gears
MuscleStang
MuscleStang
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 206
Humor : yes
My Name: : Glenn
My Ride/Rides: : .

My son's ride--
'03 Mustang GT convertible,
{Dark Shadow Grey Metallic}
My ride--
'66 Falcon/Fairlane Ranchero Sport

Mods: : .
'03-
CAI,
BBK 78 mm Throttle Intake,
MAC H-pipe,
DynoMax cat-back,
Microchips-performance tune,
4:10 FRPP gears,,,

'66-
302 stroked - 331 +++

440 HP

Back to top Go down

Post by OrangeStang Tue May 18, 2010 2:07 pm

whitesnake wrote:me and james tried the battle creek cruise last year and they wouldn't let us in the cop said we too new of a car its for classic cars 1970 and older

Now that you say that, I think I do remember a couple years ago hearing that they had started cracking down on what cars were allowed into the cruise route and last year I never really paid much attention but now I don't think I did see anything newer then like 1973. I remember there used to be just about anything driving around but it got so big and crowded they must have started limiting it to older cars. Nevermind that one Dan...sorry. I have never had my 95 down there either, always just rode with a friend in his 53...
OrangeStang
OrangeStang
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by beezer Wed May 19, 2010 1:46 am

whitesnake wrote:me and james tried the battle creek cruise last year and they wouldn't let us in the cop said we too new of a car its for classic cars 1970 and older

Total BS, both my late models get in there. Then again I simply move the barricade aside near Kellogg's HQ and park on the bricks in front of Kellogg's. The barricade is usually unmanned.

....and here's the proof Very Happy

Cruisin' the Gut in Lansing has been canceled SD535995

Cruisin' the Gut in Lansing has been canceled SD535938

beezer
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 17
Humor : Sick and usually offensive
My Ride/Rides: : 1997 Red V6 coupe on nitrous Heavily modded (my car)
2000 Silver supercharged GT again Heavily modded (fiance's car)
Mods: : What hasn't been done to both rides?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down