WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

instrument bulbs

3 posters

Go down

instrument bulbs Empty instrument bulbs

Post by scstanger Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:17 am

Does anyone know what type bulbs are in the instrument panel on a 97? Looking to change to led but not sure what bulbs to get. I have some ebay bucks to spend and I gotta do it before 5/2 or they're gone FOREVER!!!!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

instrument bulbs Empty Re: instrument bulbs

Post by MuscleStang Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:24 pm

Don't know,, thought about doing mine blue. Googled it, looks like a lota work???
MuscleStang
MuscleStang
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 206
Humor : yes
My Name: : Glenn
My Ride/Rides: : .

My son's ride--
'03 Mustang GT convertible,
{Dark Shadow Grey Metallic}
My ride--
'66 Falcon/Fairlane Ranchero Sport

Mods: : .
'03-
CAI,
BBK 78 mm Throttle Intake,
MAC H-pipe,
DynoMax cat-back,
Microchips-performance tune,
4:10 FRPP gears,,,

'66-
302 stroked - 331 +++

440 HP

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:14 am

Well from what I can tell they are T10 bulbs. I'll do more research and let you know. I don't like work!!!!!!! bs
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 am

I'll post when I get outta work, I did a big write up on this
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:16 am

dang i coulda told you about 6 mo. ago cuz i replaced mine... it's real easy to take the panel out and look... you need a small torx bit tho. you can get em at autozone...

Back to top Go down

Post by MuscleStang Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:07 pm

SN95JUNK33 wrote:dang i coulda told you about 6 mo. ago cuz i replaced mine... it's real easy to take the panel out and look... you need a small torx bit tho. you can get em at autozone...

I can take it apart, no prob. But, doesn't the color come from the panel itself? Will just changing the bulbs doit? And i hear the bulbs are soldered in????? Sounds like fun....???... scratch
I've got blue lights under the hood, trunk, + inside the car. I'd like the dash lights to match...
MuscleStang
MuscleStang
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 206
Humor : yes
My Name: : Glenn
My Ride/Rides: : .

My son's ride--
'03 Mustang GT convertible,
{Dark Shadow Grey Metallic}
My ride--
'66 Falcon/Fairlane Ranchero Sport

Mods: : .
'03-
CAI,
BBK 78 mm Throttle Intake,
MAC H-pipe,
DynoMax cat-back,
Microchips-performance tune,
4:10 FRPP gears,,,

'66-
302 stroked - 331 +++

440 HP

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:47 pm

I'm taking mine out this weekend. I'll let you know what find.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:00 pm

https://wildhorsesclub.forumakers.com/do-it-yourself-f10/led-gauge-cluster-t11.htm

is the thread but the pics were put in from putfile.com which is nomore.
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:01 pm

MuscleStang wrote:
SN95JUNK33 wrote:dang i coulda told you about 6 mo. ago cuz i replaced mine... it's real easy to take the panel out and look... you need a small torx bit tho. you can get em at autozone...

I can take it apart, no prob. But, doesn't the color come from the panel itself? Will just changing the bulbs doit? And i hear the bulbs are soldered in????? Sounds like fun....???... scratch
I've got blue lights under the hood, trunk, + inside the car. I'd like the dash lights to match...

you will need to wet sand the back of the faceplate. there is a green/blue dye that needs to comeoff before the color will come through
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:04 pm

scstanger wrote:Does anyone know what type bulbs are in the instrument panel on a 97? Looking to change to led but not sure what bulbs to get. I have some ebay bucks to spend and I gotta do it before 5/2 or they're gone FOREVER!!!!

Going to: http://autolumination.com/74.htm and ordering 5 #74 bulbs in the color you want (red above) about $20 for all.

i have a 2000 so i dont know if they are different
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down