WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First ticket in the stang!

+4
Deano
BraMas
FRCE_FED
scstanger
8 posters

Go down

First ticket in the stang! Empty First ticket in the stang!

Post by scstanger Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:51 pm

Ok so my son and I are coming home from my mom's house yesterday and I get pulled over for speeding! I can't remember the last time I got pulled over, yes I can when I last had a stang! My son tells me that there is a policeman behind us to which I replied "I know bud". "He has his lights on daddy!"..."I know littleman"..."He's following us daddy!"..."I know buddy!"..."PULL OVER DADDY!!!" It was too funny guys, the state trooper even got a kick out of him! So he says that he clocked me at 68 in a 45 mph zone...not good. He dropped it to 54 in a 45 and an $81 ticket with two points. It was one of those perfect afternoon's for convertibles here. The sun was setting and the temp was about 68* so just absolutely gorgeous weather and I wasn't even paying attention to how fast we were going. In fact we were jamming out to Zak Brown's Highway 20 ride! Other country fans know the song in reference. We were on Hwy 6 which crosses the Lake Murray dam and goes into Lexington where we live. Now if you haven't taken the ride across the dam when the weather is nice and the top down, then you have got to try it. Especially if you have a son that loves Stangs as much as my six year old does. Just stay within the posted speedlimit! The trooper was really friendly and not the typical state trooper who would right his mother a ticket. He made jokes with my son and really helped me out with the speed. Anyway, that was our Saturday afternoon and my son has managed to remind me all day that we got pulled over yesterday. Not sure how long it will take to live that one down. Be careful out there gang and everyone have a wonderful week.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

First ticket in the stang! Empty Re: First ticket in the stang!

Post by FRCE_FED Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 am

sorry to hear about the ticket but sounds like a nice day for that ride!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:16 am

Thanks! Gotta pay more attention to what I'm doing, I shouldn't have been speeding.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:09 pm

He probably wrote you a ticket because you where listening to Country Music wtfwu beerchug
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 pm

YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!! lol!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:50 pm

BraMas wrote:He probably wrote you a ticket because you where listening to Country Music wtfwu beerchug

HAHAHA!!!! Probably. But, cops in the south probably like it, too, so maybe not. IDK, I can't stand country music.
Deano
Deano
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 192
My Name: : Heath Dean
My Ride/Rides: : 1996 Mustang GT
Mods: : Full exhaust(shorty headers, H-pipe, Flow 40's)
B&M short throw kit w/Steeda pistol grip shifter
C&L intake kit w/K&N FIPK filter
BBK 75mm throttle body
C&L upper intake plenum

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:59 pm

I can't listen to all of it guys!!!!!! Just some songs hit you on the inside and they stick with you. Maybe I should delete that portion of the story!!!!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm

scstanger wrote:I can't listen to all of it guys!!!!!! Just some songs hit you on the inside and they stick with you. Maybe I should delete that portion of the story!!!!
Don't worry, not all of us hate country. Hate is such a strong word, but easy to use when others don't understand something. I guess there would be a lot of things I "hate" since I don't understand or like everything. Very Happy
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:02 am

First ticket in the stang! Huge%2520Wing

just somethings i dont understand also Dan
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:06 am

FRCE_FED wrote:First ticket in the stang! Huge%2520Wing

just somethings i dont understand also Dan

WOW! omgno I enjoy all types of music. If it touches your soul or moves your feet I'm in. No matter what genre it is.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deano Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Danstang wrote:
scstanger wrote:I can't listen to all of it guys!!!!!! Just some songs hit you on the inside and they stick with you. Maybe I should delete that portion of the story!!!!
Don't worry, not all of us hate country. Hate is such a strong word, but easy to use when others don't understand something. I guess there would be a lot of things I "hate" since I don't understand or like everything. Very Happy

I hate it very much. But, that is because I DO understand it. Maybe it's the people who DON'T understand country that like it???? smilelol
Deano
Deano
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 192
My Name: : Heath Dean
My Ride/Rides: : 1996 Mustang GT
Mods: : Full exhaust(shorty headers, H-pipe, Flow 40's)
B&M short throw kit w/Steeda pistol grip shifter
C&L intake kit w/K&N FIPK filter
BBK 75mm throttle body
C&L upper intake plenum

Back to top Go down

Post by sicazzpony Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:14 pm

lol this is hilarious cuz i dont care for it eather las time i rode with country music playing i got a ticket too thatll never happen again

sicazzpony
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 106
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Vert
Mods: : Not enough!!......but the whistle sound is serious!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:33 am

Something wrong with a big wing on a car???? Wink
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:43 am

downforce thats all when the car had 68 horses under the hood better be careful with that much power
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:48 am

My 73 VW bug had 63 horses and let me tell you with the right tail wind on a good downhill slope she'd get up to almost 80. We'd have to pull over at the bottom and let the air cooled engine cool down before proceeding but it sure was fun!!!! 3gears
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 pm

scstanger wrote:My 73 VW bug had 63 horses and let me tell you with the right tail wind on a good downhill slope she'd get up to almost 80. We'd have to pull over at the bottom and let the air cooled engine cool down before proceeding but it sure was fun!!!! 3gears

I got puller over in my 69 bug doing over 95. The only reason the cop pulled me over was he couldn't believe it would go that fast. he was so impressed I didn,t get a ticket, only a warning. drool

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:11 pm

wingedone wrote:Something wrong with a big wing on a car???? Wink

i for one think that there is nothing wrong with a big wing

First ticket in the stang! Nola5

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:35 pm

Thats why I was saying. Wink Me too. lol

First ticket in the stang! 110-1075_IMG
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:45 pm

scstanger wrote:My 73 VW bug had 63 horses and let me tell you with the right tail wind on a good downhill slope she'd get up to almost 80. We'd have to pull over at the bottom and let the air cooled engine cool down before proceeding but it sure was fun!!!! 3gears

My parents had a 67 bug, that I remember well riding in (till the gas line broke in the engine and she burned up.

I well remember my mother driving that car, foot to the floor on I-94 and barely able to get to 74mph. We would get on the highway and it was just natural to keep it floored the whole way and barely, but mostly not, keep up with traffic. lol

Also had to make sure the windows were open when you closed a door or it would implode your head from the air pressure. Having to open the hood to put gas in. Pushing it down a hill to start it in the winter. What a car. lol
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:17 am

Well one thing's for sure it certainly helps us appreciate what we have today. I loved my car but I put three engines in it, air cooled engines aren't good for summer trips to the beach, and still had to work on it every weekend to get me through the next week. Mine had a hole in the floor from the battery acid under the back seat and I just covered it with a piece of sheet metal. I'll see if I can find a picture to scan to post!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:32 pm

scstanger wrote:Well one thing's for sure it certainly helps us appreciate what we have today. I loved my car but I put three engines in it, air cooled engines aren't good for summer trips to the beach, and still had to work on it every weekend to get me through the next week. Mine had a hole in the floor from the battery acid under the back seat and I just covered it with a piece of sheet metal. I'll see if I can find a picture to scan to post!

I have had many VW's in the past. A 64 karman ghia, a 65 squareback a 66 bug, a 67 bug, a 68 bug, a 69 bug and a 69 squareback along with a sandrail I built in my garage. My son has me working on his this weekend, It's a 73 standard bug. I told him it's not a good michigan car. Since all mine were in SoCal they ran great.

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:12 pm

I think that all young guys should start with a bug! It taught me how to work on a car, and to appreciate finer things like radiators and air conditioning. I wouldn't dare embarass myself by racing anyone so that wasn't an issue. But they're definitely cool cars to cruise in! Good for you guys man, I hope to get my boy one when he is of age. I still have 10 years so I'm good for now! cheers
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sicazzpony Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:59 pm

wow i still remember the one we had and amazing how many youll see after the fist slug bug punch is thrown huh lol......

sicazzpony
Small Block 289
Small Block 289

Male Number of posts : 106
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Vert
Mods: : Not enough!!......but the whistle sound is serious!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down