WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I should of went with the cleveland!!!

Go down

I should of went with the cleveland!!! Empty I should of went with the cleveland!!!

Post by Guest Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:08 am

Well I rebuilt the motor in my 88 mustang and come to find out you do have to clearence pistons for the x303 cam. Heres the weird part. The car ran great for about a 1000 miles but the clearence between the cam and the piston was so tight that once the bearings started to wear the piston tagged the intake valve on 3 and all the other pistons had marks from where the valve was just barely touching. So in other words I scattered the motor at over 6000. Looking in hind sight i was going to build the cleveland instead of the 302 but the only thing that stopped me was the fuel injection. Apparently there is a company that makes intake adapters to put the 5.0l intake onto a cleveland for $300. Just think how sick that would be. A 351 cleveland with a holley systemax F.I intake. Well I pathced up the 302 because the only thing I hurt was 1 piston and 1 head but damn definetly check piston to valve clearence on stock piston with anything over .525 lift. and 220 degrees of duration. I guess I will start building the cleveland now and hopefully be ready by next summer.

Back to top Go down

I should of went with the cleveland!!! Empty Re: I should of went with the cleveland!!!

Post by Wolvee Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:40 am

wow, sorry to hear it. I've learned to go with what you want, cost be damned. The cost never out weighs that nagging thought that, "I should have..."

My next project car will cost 50k+ and I've already accepted it, lol.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down