WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess who 'stang is stuck out in the snow and salt again.....

+8
Pyrotech72
Blitz
blackstang1
FRCE_FED
mustangrn
GreyGhost
BraMas
Danstang
12 posters

Go down

Guess who 'stang is stuck out in the snow and salt again..... Empty Guess who 'stang is stuck out in the snow and salt again.....

Post by Danstang Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:32 am

Yup, me again! Go figure, the POS Olds under-Achieva wouldn't start for me again. The neutral safety switch is acting up, looks like I may need a ride on Saturday if the snow is still flying in GR. The Hankooks are not very good in the snow and my neutral safety switch will not be in until Saturday.
My trip home from work last night was nothing short of insane! It wasn't zero visibility, it was NEGATIVE visibility! Here's what the bumper looked like when I got done with my drive:
Guess who 'stang is stuck out in the snow and salt again..... 46887410
Guess who 'stang is stuck out in the snow and salt again..... 46887310
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Guess who 'stang is stuck out in the snow and salt again..... Empty Re: Guess who 'stang is stuck out in the snow and salt again.....

Post by BraMas Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Looks like it is time to defrost the freezer
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Guess who 'stang is stuck out in the snow and salt again..... Empty Re: Guess who 'stang is stuck out in the snow and salt again.....

Post by Danstang Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:13 pm

BraMas wrote:Looks like it is time to defrost the freezer
Lol, that snow was really caked on! Not to mention, that was quite possibly the worst I've ever driven in! M-50 , with all it's hills and curves in a wooded area made it impossible to see ANYTHING! Then, the was the extra semi traffic because the highways were closed. Once they drove past I couldn't even see my hood for about 5 seconds. I just closed my eyes and used the "force", lol.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:18 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. Even with my blazer & 4 wheel drive and good bfg's, I still had a heck of a drive to and from work in this storm. I'll be glad when spring gets here. iagree

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangrn Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:25 pm

That's why I live where it don't snow much!!

Your tail lights are nearly completely covered, DAYUM!!
mustangrn
mustangrn
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 554
Humor : Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics!!
My Ride/Rides: : 2007 Grabber Orange Mustang GT

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:07 pm

cant wait till i move away from the COLD!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by blackstang1 Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:39 am

55 deg.. here. im just sayin
blackstang1
blackstang1
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 580
Humor : when life gives you lemons.. dont make lemonade.. Throw them at someone.. Its funny and it makes you feel better.
My Name: : TONY
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 MUSTANG GT
Mods: : A FEW...

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:43 am

haha Thats not nice. thanks for rubbin it in.
Blitz
Blitz
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 361
Humor : Always
My Name: : Blitz
My Ride/Rides: : New Edge, 3.8, Silver/Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:50 am

Lol, no doubt! Moving south sounds nice to me!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Danstang wrote:Lol, no doubt! Moving south sounds nice to me!

Just say the word Dan, Where and when? We're in too! rockon

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by blackstang1 Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 am

wildhorses takin baton rouge over!
blackstang1
blackstang1
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 580
Humor : when life gives you lemons.. dont make lemonade.. Throw them at someone.. Its funny and it makes you feel better.
My Name: : TONY
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 MUSTANG GT
Mods: : A FEW...

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:35 am

So, when's the Michigan Chapter becoming the Florida Chapter? lol!
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Pyrotech72 wrote:So, when's the Michigan Chapter becoming the Florida Chapter? lol!
I guess we could be called the FL chapter, we're all just living in Michigan! lol
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MuscleStang Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Danstang wrote:
Pyrotech72 wrote:So, when's the Michigan Chapter becoming the Florida Chapter? lol!
I guess we could be called the FL chapter, we're all just living in Michigan! lol

Any 2 state letters in that involve less cold sounds great to me!
MuscleStang
MuscleStang
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 206
Humor : yes
My Name: : Glenn
My Ride/Rides: : .

My son's ride--
'03 Mustang GT convertible,
{Dark Shadow Grey Metallic}
My ride--
'66 Falcon/Fairlane Ranchero Sport

Mods: : .
'03-
CAI,
BBK 78 mm Throttle Intake,
MAC H-pipe,
DynoMax cat-back,
Microchips-performance tune,
4:10 FRPP gears,,,

'66-
302 stroked - 331 +++

440 HP

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:21 pm

Blizzaks are a wonderful thing Dan. I switched over to the other rims and Blizzaks just before the winter weather hit us and I had no problems at all.

Now the wheels are butt ugly and the tires tiny in comparison (235x55, I think) look dinky, but they grab onto ice and snow really nice. I haven't had dedicated snow tires since I owned a 69 Cutlass as my daily driver. Never needed them, I thought. But in the future, when we just have a single DD, it may be time to get some more snow tires.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:57 pm

Yeah, i hear those are great tires. I'm just trying to make it until I get the beater running then I'll park it!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MuscleStang Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:08 pm

Had my stang in the "S#!%Y" wheather too. Had to pick up my daughter in Wi. and get to do the drive again to take her home. Just don't trust my Explorer that far from home, so the stang has to take the abuse... Just makes me cringe to hear the salt nailing the paint at 70mph! Sad
But it's worth it to have her here for the holidays!!! santa

Guess who 'stang is stuck out in the snow and salt again..... Tifscam069

Guess who 'stang is stuck out in the snow and salt again..... Tifscam070
omgno
MuscleStang
MuscleStang
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 206
Humor : yes
My Name: : Glenn
My Ride/Rides: : .

My son's ride--
'03 Mustang GT convertible,
{Dark Shadow Grey Metallic}
My ride--
'66 Falcon/Fairlane Ranchero Sport

Mods: : .
'03-
CAI,
BBK 78 mm Throttle Intake,
MAC H-pipe,
DynoMax cat-back,
Microchips-performance tune,
4:10 FRPP gears,,,

'66-
302 stroked - 331 +++

440 HP

Back to top Go down

Post by D Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:15 pm

Wow...
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:25 am

Hehe, crusty!

Sigh, I know how you feel. My car just cannot get a wash in, as it seems to snow just enough to make the roads crappy just about every day. It's only clean for a day.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:46 am

That just makes me sad.
Sad
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:59 am

At least I'm not the only one.....
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down