WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phrostyurl from MI Chapter needs some stang help

+2
Wolvee
BraMas
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Phrostyurl from MI Chapter needs some stang help Empty Phrostyurl from MI Chapter needs some stang help

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:08 pm

Hey guys, I received and email from Jessica (Phrostygurl) from the MI chapter wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what is going on with her stang.

Jessica wrote:
I am having some stang issues, i dont know if it is the starter or my knn filter but i stalls when starting sometimes do you know anyone in this area that might be able to help me out
any suggestions ?? i gotta get her in top shape we got alot of rides coming up

Back to top Go down

Phrostyurl from MI Chapter needs some stang help Empty Re: Phrostyurl from MI Chapter needs some stang help

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:37 pm

Something simple to try out - just unplug the battery for like 10-15 to reset things and then try again. I had that problem when I took out my out intake for the stock one. Car stalled several times when I put the clutch in going down the road, but the battery tricked worked for me. Just a thought....

Back to top Go down

Phrostyurl from MI Chapter needs some stang help Empty Re: Phrostyurl from MI Chapter needs some stang help

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:37 pm

Might have something to do with the intake....

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:43 pm

If she shows up on Saturday we will take a look at it for her. I'm guessing a dirty IAC ( Idle Air Control)
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:58 pm

IAC, TPS or a Vacuum leak. Ask her if it diesels...
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:20 pm

I will be there on saturday thanks for the advice and help see yall tomorrow

Jess :*woohoo*:
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 418
Humor : Im PHROSTY for a reason ... but yall know you LUV me !!!! lol
My Name: : PHROSTY
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 GT Black and yes she is so sexxxy

http://www.myspace.com/phrostygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:12 pm

phrostygurl wrote:I will be there on saturday thanks for the advice and help see yall tomorrow

Jess :*woohoo*:
whip We can't help you if you don't show up! Very Happy
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:09 am

Sorry got called into work at the last minute :%worthy%:
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:38 pm

phrostygurl wrote:Sorry got called into work at the last minute :%worthy%:
OK, we'll let you go this time! Your car still giving you troubles?
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:38 am

yes, i also spent sunday cleaning the KNN thinking maybe that was it, nope, it dies after the 1st start up just about everytime. It is driving me crazy :*bonk(:
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:17 pm

Its not your K&N

Try un hooking the battery for 20 minutes like another member sugested. This will reset your computer and mabey solve your problem once it re learns to idle

If not your IAC could be dirty and take it to your Ford dealer and have them do a BG intake and fuel system cleaning. I did that to my F150 and it works amazing...

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:21 pm

sounds like we might need a michigan tech day!

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:05 pm

EyeCandy4U wrote:sounds like we might need a michigan tech day!
Maybe so!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:48 am

OK i unhooked the battery and still having the issue, i am thinking it has to do with the fuel injection
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Mon May 05, 2008 10:47 am

Ok well I think Brian fixed the issue, but now we have a new issue very very strange noise coming from the front end high pitch humming noise not all the time just once in a while, so weird
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon May 05, 2008 11:53 pm

I guess we'll have to check that one next! Anyone have any ideas here? Wheel bearing maybe? I'd have to hear it in person.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 8:07 am

Does it sound like you are flyn a plane??? My fiance's car makes a humming noise that sounds like that and its the wheel bearings!! If that helps??!!

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Tue May 06, 2008 8:43 am

It makes it when I let off the gas it is a noise that is one of those you just have to hear, my lights etc... dim and flicker when it does it also. scratch
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue May 06, 2008 4:40 pm

bearing is going out on your alternator or your belt is slipping (either due to a bad belt or bad tensioner)

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2008 6:21 pm

Thats what I was gonna suggest!!! Belts are cheap... try to replace your belt first.... and see how tight/ loose it is!!!! If you go to autozone... they might be able to do some test on your alt!!! They did on mine when I couldnt figure out why it wouldnt hold a charge!!

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Wed May 07, 2008 3:22 pm

THANKS, the belts are all real tight, ill take it there and see if the can help this stang girl in distress Sad
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed May 07, 2008 8:55 pm

Definitely something to do with the pulleys up there, otherwise I don't know why the lights would dim.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Thu May 15, 2008 10:10 am

The pony is in the shop, she died today in front of Grand Ledge Ford ( of corse) so while I was cussing and screaming I did get to check out the stangs, and got the "itch" for a new one but resting since I just bought a new house.
So the mystery will be solved and I will post the answer when I found out, thank you for all of your help
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Thu May 15, 2008 11:06 am

Mystery solved, it was the Idal Air Control so they replaced it, however here is where the NEXT mystery begins, they put it on the computer and the Stang thinks it's a windstar, they reprogrammed it back to factory settings and it still thinks it's a windstar, any suggestions ? will this harm it ? GLFord is clueless also.
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Thu May 15, 2008 3:49 pm

That whole Windstar thing is fishy! I doubt your car would even run with a Windstar ECM/PCM. I guessing there banking on you being a female and are trying to scare you into buying a new ECM/PCM. If your car is running fine it will be ok. And one of us can look at your car next time we see you.
And I love being right Very Happy I told you it was your IAC :^drunk^:
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next