WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can i get my block bored?

Go down

Where can i get my block bored? Empty Where can i get my block bored?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:33 pm

ok, i have one hell of a 5.4L DOHC almost ready to go in my 04 GT converted to Saleen (worked with Alan Pappito and MMR to get it where i want it). i need to have the block bored to put the new pistons in (.020 over). are there any machine shops near clarksville that can do it? thanks a lot for the help.

Also...anyone interested in doing this swap let me know, ill be back in november ill gladly help and give pointers and GREAT sources.

Back to top Go down

Where can i get my block bored? Empty Re: Where can i get my block bored?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Neal's Cylinder Head & Machining in Murfreesboro, TN

they are doing my 351W block as we speak. they came highly recommended from a friend of mine who said they do great work.

http://nealracing.net/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:41 pm

BlueStreak02gt wrote:Neal's Cylinder Head & Machining in Murfreesboro, TN

they are doing my 351W block as we speak. they came highly recommended from a friend of mine who said they do great work.

http://nealracing.net/index.html

Neals is in fact, posted on my refrigerator. I'll probably have them do my next one. I have taken a few to Standard Motor Parts in Nashville, and they do a good job. Maybe somebody can get you closer in to Clarksville.
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:14 pm

Pyrotech72 wrote:Neals is in fact, posted on my refrigerator. I'll probably have them do my next one. I have taken a few to Standard Motor Parts in Nashville, and they do a good job. Maybe somebody can get you closer in to Clarksville.

good work is always worth driving for, I've found that out the hard way many times. besides it's only 150 miles round trip. if i can make that for a mustang meet, it shouldn't be a problem for him to drive down there and back for quality work. :^drunk^:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:29 am

The best shop around is by far Richmonds machine shop. They did the work to my shortblock and a few other cars that I built for friends that all made over 500rwhp. They are on franklin street. Just about every dirt track car in town has their engine work done there. They are also who does all of the ford dealerships work for them.

If all you need is bored .020 over it will cost you $90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:20 am

thanks a lot ill check these places out im looking for someon as close as possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:27 am

where is richmonds exactly, i cant find any website or contact info.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:28 pm

Turn on to university off of college street and turn left on franklin st. You will see richmonds on the left near the end of the road. I can't find the number right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:29 pm

931-906-6153

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:20 pm

i called Richmond's in clarksville...the modular engine is much different than their pushrod counterparts when it comes to boring them. in the end it will cost $180. Thanks for all the help everyone, ill be going to richmond's to get this done. i cant wait to be back home with the club (afghanistan sucks)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down