WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG! 1 loud cobra haha

3 posters

Go down

OMG!  1 loud cobra haha Empty OMG! 1 loud cobra haha

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:51 pm

This is the M55 catback that i'm always talking about... its the loudest catback in the world. Its even louder than cutouts... it has some special design to make it much louder. It even has a x crossover after the muffs!

and heres the awsome one, you can really hear how it compairs!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2877543860604096682&q=Cobra+Exhaust+Vid

Last edited by MustangManiac on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

OMG!  1 loud cobra haha Empty Re: OMG! 1 loud cobra haha

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:56 pm

The Orange one has the M55 catback

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:19 am

that thing is really loud but i like it
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:41 pm

sounds badass!
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadBlock Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:38 am

Yeah sounds good but my GT is louder.
RoadBlock
RoadBlock
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 324
Humor : What the duece? Doh'
My Name: : Jon
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 Mustang GT, 1967 Mustang Project Car, 1992 LX Mustang Beater
Mods: : Intake, Exhaust, Suspension, Appearance. Nuff said

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:38 am

RoadBlock wrote:Yeah sounds good but my GT is louder.
whats on ur GT????
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadBlock Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:28 pm

I have Mac long tubes an off road H-pipe and the notorious SLP loud mouths. But soon to switch to a X-pipe.
RoadBlock
RoadBlock
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

My Ride/Rides: : 2004 Mustang GT, 1967 Mustang Project Car, 1992 LX Mustang Beater

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:52 pm

I was gonna say.... mine is louder than that!!! LOL!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:16 pm

RoadBlock wrote:I have Mac long tubes an off road H-pipe and the notorious SLP loud mouths. But soon to switch to a X-pipe.

I had pretty much the same setup, longtubes, offroad h and slp loudmouths, and ya it was loud but sounded like crap. In my opinion it didn't sound like a muscle car at all and it was extremely raspy. Are you planning on switching to a catted x or offroad x?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:50 pm

I'm sorry gents, but if you've ever heard the M55 in person... it'll be louder. I've heard a Cobra with Hooker Lt's, O/R X and SLP's and it wasnt even close to as loud as the M55. The M55 is rated at 129db with a catted x and LT's with a O/R X, it'll be roughly 3db louder (2x louder to the human ear) so that'll set it at 132db.... Just to give you an idea of how loud 132 db is... a nascar is 125db and every 3db incriment is 2x louder to the human ear.

The M55 is the LOUDEST exhaust made by man. Its even louder than open headers. dont ask me how lol. They specially designed it to be that loud tho. They actually put an x crossover after the Resonator... so you'll have a H or X midpipe, then another X in the catback lmao. It sounds SICK!

When i get my termi (probably 2-3 yrs darnit lol) thats the setup i'm goin with.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadBlock Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:21 am

2k6silvergt wrote:
RoadBlock wrote:I have Mac long tubes an off road H-pipe and the notorious SLP loud mouths. But soon to switch to a X-pipe.

I had pretty much the same setup, longtubes, offroad h and slp loudmouths, and ya it was loud but sounded like crap. In my opinion it didn't sound like a muscle car at all and it was extremely raspy. Are you planning on switching to a catted x or offroad x?

Off road X but also thinking of maybe going with the Mac pro chamber H-pipe. Mine is not raspy just has that slight popping but not any more than someone has with an X-pipe.
RoadBlock
RoadBlock
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:10 am

Ive never heard it before.... but im kinda pretty sure it cant be louder than open headers!!! anything louder than open headers I dont even think is street legal... afterall open headers isnt street legal!!! I guess you are gonna have to get it or show me a car in person to hear it!?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Maxstealth04 wrote:Ive never heard it before.... but im kinda pretty sure it cant be louder than open headers!!! anything louder than open headers I dont even think is street legal... afterall open headers isnt street legal!!! I guess you are gonna have to get it or show me a car in person to hear it!?!?!

The M55 catback isnt street legal at all. Anything, over 109 db is illegal. So pretty much any aftermarket exhaust is going to be illegal. Open headers are roughly 123db on our 4.6L 2v, the M55 catback is able to hit 132db and that is loud! much louder than Open Headers.

I got my sources from working at Mueller Automotive and Performance... just in case you would like to kno where i got this info.

A 3v 4.6L is actually 121-122db at wot with open headers. I have no idea why, but the 3v's are just a tad quiter than the 2v gt's... its a mystery.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadBlock Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:30 am

MustangManiac wrote:
Maxstealth04 wrote:Ive never heard it before.... but im kinda pretty sure it cant be louder than open headers!!! anything louder than open headers I dont even think is street legal... afterall open headers isnt street legal!!! I guess you are gonna have to get it or show me a car in person to hear it!?!?!

The M55 catback isnt street legal at all. Anything, over 109 db is illegal. So pretty much any aftermarket exhaust is going to be illegal. Open headers are roughly 123db on our 4.6L 2v, the M55 catback is able to hit 132db and that is loud! much louder than Open Headers.

I got my sources from working at Mueller Automotive and Performance... just in case you would like to kno where i got this info.

A 3v 4.6L is actually 121-122db at wot with open headers. I have no idea why, but the 3v's are just a tad quiter than the 2v gt's... its a mystery.

The reason that it would be slightly quieter is that the valve in a three valve are slightly smaller that those of a two valve. And then again even smaller in a four valve. The reason for this is the more valves that you have per cylinder the smaller the valves have to be to fit them in the cylinder.
RoadBlock
RoadBlock
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:43 am

RoadBlock wrote:
2k6silvergt wrote:

Off road X but also thinking of maybe going with the Mac pro chamber H-pipe. Mine is not raspy just has that slight popping but not any more than someone has with an X-pipe.

Your setup must sound different then. I know I hated mine, didn't sound like a muscle car at all and I know there are a lot of other posts where people had the same experience. But everyone has their own preferences on what they think sounds good. I'm curious to hear what your setup sounds like now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down