WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vacation......This is why I haven't been around.

3 posters

Go down

Vacation......This is why I haven't been around. Empty Vacation......This is why I haven't been around.

Post by 1fstroush Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:29 pm

Well as many of you know I haven't been around for over a week. I took vacation to spend some quality time with my pops. He flew in Saturday the 6th and left Sunday the 14th. We had a riot! Here's the breakdown of what went down.

Saturday 6th, Pops arrived at 6:00 AM. I picked him up from the airport and headed to the house to drop off his bag and hook up the boat. We headed to Eagle Creek Res for some crappie fishin'. We found a honey hole and caught about 35 and a few gills. After some time in the water we headed to the house to see the wife and get some grub.

Sunday we woke up early and headed to Lake Erie in Ohio. I had planned a charter fishin' trip with family from Michigan. We went with Capt Rick of Erie Quest. Here are a few photos of our haul.

https://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/1fstroush/Fishin%20Pix/ - CLICK LINK

Monday we drove back from OH. When we hit Indy, we went to the Mexican meat market for some awesome arracherra and beef loin steak. Of course we had our own mini BBQ for the three of us. We went to bed early in order to be ready for Tuesday.

Tuesday we headed to Rockville Lake. We caought several dink bass except one 3.5 lb largemouth. We also caught several bluegills/sunfish.

Wednesday (aka DOOMS DAY) the rain hit hard Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. We decided not to fish and went sight seeing and looking at a possible trailer on a lake for Tyara and I. We went to Lake Freeman 1.5 hours away. On our way back we decided to stop at Denny's Marina to look at the boats. Well disaster strikes. The Lightning wouldn't start when we were ready to leave. My dad and I equated it to the fuel filter or fuel pump. I called Tyara and had her pick us up so I could get to an autoparts store. Well the fuel filter didn't work and the L has been at Ray Skillman since.

Thursday and Friday my dad and I went pond fishin' around the block and had a good time. We had plans to visit other lakes; with the L in the shop I couldn't tow my boat. And no I won't be adding a trailer hitch to the Roush. Laughing

Saturday 13th we went to Kings Island for a company picnic. The park wasn't crowded however a few rides were still an hour wait. You know me, I'm not waiting that long for a damned 3 minute thrill.

Sunday, pops sadly had to leave.

Well that's all for now folks. During last week I had some time to think about WH Indy. I have some major plans for us which I'll let you know in the upcoming days. We can discuss these ideas and put them to a vote then implement at a later date.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Vacation......This is why I haven't been around. Empty Re: Vacation......This is why I haven't been around.

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:36 pm

Sorry to hear about the L man, but it sounds like you all made the best of things with the fishing Smile
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Vacation......This is why I haven't been around. Empty Re: Vacation......This is why I haven't been around.

Post by stanglover2358 Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:33 pm

sry to hear about the L...glad to hear you and your dad had a good time..i didnt know u were that big into fishing...fishing and I dont get along very well..maybe that speaks on behalf of my patience
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:43 am

Who needs patience when you're having a good time? Laughing

As for fishing, I've been fishing as long as I can remember. My parents have pictures of me with my first pole (cane pole) with my first fish (bluegill). Since then I have been pretty much hooked. Pun was intended.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:46 am

Well the L is back and she's running like good. The damned "CHECK ENGINE LIGHT" is back on and I'll be damned if I'm going to a dealer. I have a feeling it's the same P1000 Readiness code I used to get before the breakdown. If so, oh well. It doesn't harm anything to drive with it on. Embarassed

If it isn't the P1000 code, then this weekend I'll be tearing into her like a fat kid at an all you can eat buffet.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stanglover2358 Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:07 pm

1fstroush wrote:

If it isn't the P1000 code, then this weekend I'll be tearing into her like a fat kid at an all you can eat buffet.

:_lol_: Well hopefully its nothing major and its jus some minor bs..whats a p1000 code anyways?
stanglover2358
stanglover2358
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:00 am

http://wildhorsesclub.net/OBDIIfiles.html

: P1000 - Monitor : The on board : * Vehicle is new from : The DTC does not need :
: Testing Not Complete : diagnostic II (OBD II) : the factory : to be cleared from the :
: : monitors are performed : * Battery or PCM had : PCM except to pass an :
: : during the OBD II : recently been : inspection/maintenance :
: : Drive Cycle. The DTC : disconnected : test. :
: : will be stored in : * An OBD II monitor :
: : continuous memory if : failure had :
: : any of the OBD II : occurred before :
: : monitors do not : completion of an :
: : complete. : OBD II drive cycle :
: : : * PCM DTCs have :
: : : recently been :
: : : cleared with a scan :
: : : tool :
: : : * PTO circuit is :
: : : shorted to VPWR or :
: : : B+ or PTO is on :
: : : during testing :

This code usuall happens with newer vehicles when they have an aftermarket "canned" tune put onto them. Its also a way for the "man" to void your warranty.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down