WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guys... I need some help here

Go down

Guys... I need some help here Empty Guys... I need some help here

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:10 am

Ok... well I took my air filter out to clean 2 days ago, cleaned it, put it back in, and the service engine light came on. I took it back out, cleaned the MAF, and still service engine.

I ran the code and it said that there was an error in cyl 8! something to do with either the coil pack or the injector most likely. At idle my car, very lightly bucks, and there is a sequential backfire in the exhaust, its really quite, but you can hear it.

I dont have time to deal with this, so i'm just taking it into my shop to have them diagnose it... i just hope its something simple like the injector or the coilpack. I know its not the plugs tho, cuz i literally just changed them.

Any suggestions...? I hope to have this fixed by this saturday, so i can drive it up to meet you guys in ripple... if its not, i'll just have to drive my dodge dakota Sad

Back to top Go down

Guys... I need some help here Empty Re: Guys... I need some help here

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:59 pm

Well that sucks. Hopefully it will be finished and the weather will be nice come Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:44 pm

yeah... i took it in to my shop today. They're gonna test the coil pack, the injector, and the wires and everything. I just dont have time to do that bs with school and work, ya know...?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:46 pm

as a guess, your plug, since u just changed it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:06 pm

wy3134 wrote:as a guess, your plug, since u just changed it...

no... it isnt the plug. I ran fine with then new plugs for about 3 days and i checked it. it was only when i put the cai filter back on. its really wierd. I dont really think its affecting my performance much at all. Today, driving it to the shop, it felt as if it had even more low end tq than usual lmao... idk man, its a strange situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:29 pm

MustangManiac wrote:yeah... i took it in to my shop today. They're gonna test the coil pack, the injector, and the wires and everything. I just dont have time to do that bs with school and work, ya know...?

Oh I definitely know how you feel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down