WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody know where to get a dyno tune

4 posters

Go down

Anybody know where to get a dyno tune Empty Anybody know where to get a dyno tune

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:37 pm

hey, does anyone know where i can get my car dyno tuned? im definately going to need it. my 2004 5.4L GT (now converted to saleen) is has an HP performance Twin turbo kit waiting to go in with the typhoon intake manifold, bbk 78mm TB, and fully forged bottom end. its all in the box still, im not installing it until im back from deployment in december, but if anyone knows where i can get it dyno tuned it would be awesome! thanks a lot

erik

Back to top Go down

Anybody know where to get a dyno tune Empty Re: Anybody know where to get a dyno tune

Post by billfisher Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:04 pm

not DElk for sure. dynospeed memphis.
billfisher
billfisher
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 367
Mods: : before march,28th...93' 4.6 4v ported heads, forgings, turbo, tubular suspension,90/10's, 2900lbs.

Back to top Go down

Anybody know where to get a dyno tune Empty Re: Anybody know where to get a dyno tune

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Speedydyno in owensboro. http://speedydyno.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JH96GT Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Depends. How far are you willing to travel?
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:13 pm

I feel dyno speed is worth the drive and Joe has always been awsome to everyone he had in his shop. Dynospeed in memphis would be my pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:36 am

Seems like there was one in Chattanooga... or was it Atlanta?
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by JH96GT Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Modular Powerhouse is in Atlanta I believe.

I use JMS in South MS. The best around IMO. (Be a haul for you though)
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:05 pm

thanks a lot everyone ill look into dynospeed in memphis, Mr Latham (1sg of Aco 7-101) told me a little about them also ill look into this chattanooga place, i think from reviews im going to go with dynospeed i appreciate everything, i cant wait to be back at the meetings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Rookie wrote:thanks a lot everyone ill look into dynospeed in memphis, Mr Latham (1sg of Aco 7-101) told me a little about them also ill look into this chattanooga place, i think from reviews im going to go with dynospeed i appreciate everything, i cant wait to be back at the meetings

Yes I am so glad to hear you desided to go with joe. hey let me know when you plan to go and if yo wanted company riden up there I would go with you. I need to talk to joe about my car that is up there. I went to delk and I was not happy with the dyno pulls they did on my truck and car so from now on i will be going to Dyno speed. as for the others I dont know anything about them but for right now I am sticking with dyno speed. I know you will be happy with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Just make sure your car is running 100% with no problems at all. Dynospeed can not diagnose problems for nothing. They will charge you out the ass and keep your car forever. But if its running tip top they will tune the hell out of it.

I still suggest speedydyno. It's closer then dynospeed, cost less, has a team of guys there that will fix any problems while the car is still on the dyno. Dynospeed wanted to charge me $500 to tune my car plus the cost of a tuner. Speedy dyno cost me $375 plus tuner and my car was on the dyno for 4 hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:27 am

when im back from deployment in december, ill be at the meetings, ill let everyone know when im heading up to dynospeed and anyone who wants to go feel free it would be awesome to have someone else there. also, anyone interested in the 4.6-5.4 swap let me know i can let you know everything involved i did it and the forged bottom end is even being stroked to 5.8L, also any info anyone needs on twin turbocharging their car ill gladly help, turbo boost hits HARD. i was running a kenne bell 2.6L and its terrible at high rpm, the TT setup is spooled at 1600 RPM (twin 50's) i have a two friends who run the setup on their bone stock gt's at low psi, soon to be myself. if anyone wants to know ill let them know any info i know, thanks for all the help

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkMech Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:09 pm

I agree that either Speedy dyno or Dynospeed, are both great shops. I've spent time talking with guys from both, and they all know what they're doing. Speedy dyno is liable to be a little cheaper for you just cause they're a little bit smaller shop and don't really have the huge nationwide reputation that Dynospeed carries. Dynospeed, has kinda gotten to be a little like Modular Powerhouse, they have an incredible reputation, and huge client base, and with that tends to come slightly steeper prices. Nothing against them at all, it's kinda the nature of the beast.
HawkMech
HawkMech
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 61
Humor : Nah really man, I'm sure it's no match for your Honda.
My Ride/Rides: : 2011 GT, 2003 Cobra, 79 Bronco, 68 F-100.
Mods: : I got some wicked ass after market 93 Octane up in this Beeyatch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:09 pm

HawkMech wrote:I agree that either Speedy dyno or Dynospeed, are both great shops. I've spent time talking with guys from both, and they all know what they're doing. Speedy dyno is liable to be a little cheaper for you just cause they're a little bit smaller shop and don't really have the huge nationwide reputation that Dynospeed carries. Dynospeed, has kinda gotten to be a little like Modular Powerhouse, they have an incredible reputation, and huge client base, and with that tends to come slightly steeper prices. Nothing against them at all, it's kinda the nature of the beast.

Well I do agree that dyno speed is popular but I feel joe has truely worked with me about pricing and has been really fair with getting the cobra fixed. It was only supose to be tranmission problems and it turned out to be much bigger then just trany problems. something that would have cost me alot more some where else he has really tried hard to work with me. Parts where around 8 grand for motor and upgrades that the car need so not to brake anything else and then about 2 grand in labor. after ccalling around I found out I was not going to get a better price and I know if something brakes Joe has his name on it and will fix it. As long as you listen to joes advise I feel he is very very fair and he has been build car for a long time. I like haven someone who have been through all the corks of things and knows what doesnt work. I have not delt with the other company but I did deal with delk and I wont be going back to delk!!!!

The one thing I learn is where you are going to take your car tuned to that the place you should stay with. each person has there own way of doing things and it is better not to get to many hands in the pot if you know what I mean.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Hey Nick do you think I will get my cobra back before you get your car back? hugs man!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:36 pm

The Performance Garage
531 Huntley Industrial Drive
Smyrna, TN 37167

Brian is a good guy, and he will take care of ya!!! He did my dyno pulls back in August. Fairly priced too.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkMech Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:55 am

Blueyegal wrote:Hey Nick do you think I will get my cobra back before you get your car back? hugs man!!!!

Ha ha ha, very funny!
HawkMech
HawkMech
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:33 pm

hell you probably will get yours back b4 mine

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyrotech72 Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:26 pm

BlueStreak02gt wrote:The Performance Garage
531 Huntley Industrial Drive
Smyrna, TN 37167

Brian is a good guy, and he will take care of ya!!! He did my dyno pulls back in August. Fairly priced too.

I'll have to remember that one... basically right up the street. OK, 30 minutes.
Pyrotech72
Pyrotech72
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 446
Humor : Never send a truck to do a Sierra's job? If it's a Sierra's job, it's not much of a job.
My Name: : Michael Dean Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : green 95 V8 Thunderbird, gray 02 F-150 FX4 supercab 5.4L
Mods: : Bird: 3 inch air pipe w/ intake silencer removal, muffler removal, resonator removal, Power Slot Frozen Rotors, Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. FX4: PFC brake pads, Bendix Rotors, Granatelli ignition coils, Clarion CD/MP3/USB player.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pyrotech72/WildHorsesClub#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:57 pm

If you want someone that's been doing this for over 35 years checkout Amazon Racing in SC.

http://www.amazonracing.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:34 am

remember...ill be driving the car to the dyno, VERY CAREFULLY. thats why im going with something fairly close to clarksville, for example dynospeed (unfortunately its a 4 hour drive from what i hear, and on a car untuned it could get interesting even though i wont be pushing it)

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkMech Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:31 am

If you're taking it to a dyno facility that's that far away, you may want to borrow a trailer and tow it there. Plenty of ppl in the club that have them. Otherwise talk to the ppl at the shop first, and they should be able to email you a safe tune to drive it to the shop.

Just don't know that I'd want to drive something that been modified that much for 4hrs without some kind of new tune in it. If you need or want to borrow a trailer, just let me know. I got one at the house.
HawkMech
HawkMech
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:47 am

HawkMech wrote:If you're taking it to a dyno facility that's that far away, you may want to borrow a trailer and tow it there. Plenty of ppl in the club that have them. Otherwise talk to the ppl at the shop first, and they should be able to email you a safe tune to drive it to the shop.

Just don't know that I'd want to drive something that been modified that much for 4hrs without some kind of new tune in it. If you need or want to borrow a trailer, just let me know. I got one at the house.

I think your trailor live more at my home then yours lol hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:38 pm

Like Nick said, no need to drive, when we have trailors in the club. Just give us a date and we can arrange something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:34 pm

If you already have a SCT or Predator tuner you can call Rick at Amazon Tuning and give him all the details about your car and he can email you a tune. After that all you have to do is get it to a dyno to check the A/F and he can make any necessary adjustments to the tune for free. Also if you ever do any other mods and as long as no one else tunes your car you get free tunes for as long as you own the car.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down