WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prudhomme Edition Shelby GT500 Super Snake

Go down

Prudhomme Edition Shelby GT500 Super Snake Empty Prudhomme Edition Shelby GT500 Super Snake

Post by Danstang Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Prudhomme Edition Shelby GT500 Super Snake Cov-0911
Legends come but once every so often. So to have two of them collaborate and create something together is something special. This week, Carroll Shelby and drag racing legend Don "The Snake" Prudhomme unveiled the Prudhomme Edition Super Snake package for the Shelby GT500 Mustang

The Prudhomme Edition is a post-title package for 2007-2009 Ford Shelby GT500's. This means you take your car to Shelby to have it done. Shelby pumps up the 5.4L supercharged engine to produce 800 hp on race fuel or 750 hp on 93 octane pump gas. Included is a Kenne Bell modified air intake, a lightweight tilt front end, a five-point Impact safety harness and a Borla side exhaust system. A front and rear adjustable BMR racing suspension and drag tires improve traction during launches. If you plan to use the car on the street, optional street tires are available.

There are a lot more little things included, but the price will keep this a very exclusive car. Only 100 total packages at $100,000 (not including car) will be offered. The Prudhomme Edition Shelby GT500 Super Snake is intended to be truly a road and track car.

"Working with Don on this project was a great experience for our design team,' noted Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. "Carroll and Don earned their stripes in competition over the years, so we had to build a car that would continue their racing domination. Our Prudhomme Edition GT500 Super Snake builds on that legacy and gives Shelby enthusiasts today a way to rule the quarter mile in their town."

Don "The Snake" Prudhomme's successful racing career included winning the NHRA funny car championship four times. He was the first funny car driver to exceed 250 mph. In 1994, he began managing his own racing team, which won the Top Fuel championship in 2002 and 2003. Prudhomme was inducted into the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America in 1991 and the International Motorsports Hall of Fame in 2000.

"It's been a great opportunity to work with Carroll and the Shelby Autos team on this amazing program," added Prudhomme. "I'm honored that Carroll gave me this honor to build a car that's true to his legacy and my efforts to move them across the finish line first. The car can be tuned to deliver over 800 horsepower on race gas, which should pretty fast. It's a well sorted out package that is capable of dusting the competition in the Shelby way.'

"The thing I really think is cool about this car is that you can drive it both on the track and on the street," added Prudhomme. "It reminds me of how drag racing used to be back in the day when we would drive our cars to the drag strip, race them, and drive them home at the end of the day. That's maybe the neatest thing about this car."
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down