WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Rumor about the 5.0

Go down

Another Rumor about the 5.0 Empty Another Rumor about the 5.0

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:57 pm

Well it seems another rumor about the 5.0 is coming back.. Some sites are reporting that the new setup could be seen in 2010, even though Ford has stated another 3V 4.6 will be in the 2010 Mustang.. Guess we'll never know until either it does or doesn't happen.

The word out on the street regarding the next Ford Mustang engine lineup is that the 5.0 liter is set to return very soon. Dubbed the "Coyote", this speculated engine is a TiVCT 32v motor, producing 400 hp / 375 tq, is an aluminum block, has a 11:1 compression ratio, and the top end is capped at 7,000 RPM. Some sources say that this new powerplant will replace the current 3v 4.6 liter found in the 2005 - 2009 Mustang. Rumblings also indicate that this motor will be crafted at Ford’s Essex Engine Plant in Windsor, Ontario. The only jagged edge on this dreamy cloud is the strong compression ratio: many Mustang fans of contemporary times love to run boost on their stock components. If the Coyote comes to fruition, we could expect to see more bottles of giggle gas at the track and less whining...from the Mustang at least.

Rumor Mill Rundown on the "Coyote"

TiVCT 32 valve Aluminum block

400 horsepower 375 ft-lb of torque

11:1 compression ratio 7,000 RPM redline

Back to top Go down

Another Rumor about the 5.0 Empty Re: Another Rumor about the 5.0

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:25 am

Damn!!! 400hp in the mustang gt world is HUGE! I really hope they do this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:44 pm

word... ill buy a vert!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:50 pm

Nice compression, looks like it will be drinking the premium go-go juice!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:17 pm

i already use premium!! LOL!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down