WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rocky Gilbert Fundraisers

+4
mustangrn
BriansGirl
D
RidethePony
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rocky Gilbert Fundraisers Empty Rocky Gilbert Fundraisers

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:09 pm

OK folks here's the plans to helpout a fellow member who's have a bad turn of luck. As all of may recall Rocky was involved in an accident that has left him paralzyed from the waist down. I been asked by some of our members to plan something that would benefit Rocky and his family with doing a fundraiser. This is what we have come up with.. Three (3) different events, to give people plenty of chances to work as well as raising money for Rocky.

1. Car Wash

On Saturday Sept 27th starting at 10:00am until ?? This will be done at Grandpa's located on Ft. Campbell Blvd. So bring the buckets, hoses, sponges, towels and fellowship. This will be going on as long as people are willing to help. So come out when you can and stay as long as you can..

2. Booth at NCI Show

On Saturday Oct 4th. We'll have a booth setup during this event and car show. Our booth will be doing a 50/50 drawing as well as some door prizes for all the spectators of the event. So cleanup the cars, bring them to the show and help out at the booth while hanging out with everyone. We'll have the canopy and banner as well during this event.

3. Cruise-In at Governors Square Mall

On Sunday Oct 26th our club will be hosting a Cruise-In/Show & Shine to benefit Rocky Gilbert. Silent Auction, 50/50 Drawing and Door Prizes thruout the day. This event will start at 1:00pm until ?? So come out and enjoy all the rides in the area as well as hanging out with all kind of car enthusiast.

[img]Rocky Gilbert Fundraisers Rocky10[/img]

Last edited by Fast Eddie on Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Rocky Gilbert Fundraisers Empty Re: Rocky Gilbert Fundraisers

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 am

Where is the NCI Show at, and what time? I might come out for the carwash. And Ill be there for the Cruise-In/Show & Shine at the mall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:43 pm

is the NCI a bowling green event at MNRA? I know that is the same weekend? Does that stand for something NCI?
Nas CAR International?

Back to top Go down

Post by RidethePony Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:52 pm

We can help at all three events. Plus the heathens will help, I love child labor!! :*naughty*:
RidethePony
RidethePony
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Female Number of posts : 319
Humor : I did not escape, I have a day pass!!
My Name: : Tina
My Ride/Rides: : 2010 Mustang GT Black , 2006 Expedition Gray
Mods: : Owning a mustang is hazardous to your warranty!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:56 pm

I think I will be there for the cruise in but the otheres I may have to pass becuase when nick gets in he will have to go home and finish taken care of his dads estate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:10 pm

Fast Eddie wrote:OK folks here's the plans to helpout a fellow member who's have a bad turn of luck. As all of may recall Rocky was involved in an accident that has left him paralzyed from the waist down. I been asked by some of our members to plan something that would benefit Rocky and his family with doing a fundraiser. This is what we have come up with.. Three (3) different events, to give people plenty of chances to work as well as raising money for Rocky.

1. Car Wash

On Saturday Sept 27th starting at 10:00am until ?? This will be done at Grandpa's located on Ft. Campbell Blvd. So bring the buckets, hoses, sponges, towels and fellowship. This will be going on as long as people are willing to help. So come out when you can and stay as long as you can..
This is going on this upcoming Saturday..Please come by and help when you can, as long as people are willing to help with the car wash, we'll go as long as we can.. Dave, along with a few others will be running things. I'll be stopping by during my lunch break to helpout and immediately after work. Karen will also be coming by after work sometime around 1:00pm. The weather forecast looks great and we have a great location, so this looks to be beneficial for Rocky and his family.. Thanks in advance for everyone that will be coming out to help!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:01 am

Fast Eddie wrote:
1. Car Wash

Thank you to the following people for giving up your time to help a person in need. Alicia, Dave, Jon, Geri, Paul, Allen, Betty, Steven, Michelle, Donnie, Tony, Sheri, Jody, Wayne, Tammi, Pete, Floyd, and Karen. It's good to know that members of the club are willing to help others when the time calls. I couldn't have been any more prouder then today to see and know that people really care about others without any hesitation. Most of the people today that worked and volunteered so eagerly, did so without even knowing Rocky personally. This says alot about the character of this club and it's members. We couldn't succeed as a club without individuals like this as members. I tip my hat to all of you. Great job everyone. approve

Now for the day, even with the competition that was going on at the opposite end of the parking lot (car wash/bake sale), we still managed to collect $268 for Rocky Gilbert. After the event was over, it was an honor to handover all the proceeds to Rocky's father. Mr. Gilbert, was astounished and very thankful for all the hard work everyone had performed. Knowing that people were this unselfish to help without return expectations, says a lot about our club, stated Mr. Gilbert.

Once again, thank you everyone that came and helped. This couldn't have work without your committment. approve

Back to top Go down

Post by D Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:37 am

your vere welcome. glad i got to help...

im glad to see when the chips are down. There are still people ou there that will help no matter what.. Thanks guys.

He was a old frend of mine.
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:44 am

great I am so glad people where able to help out.
I so wanted to be there but had already told someone I would help them move. We did not get done until almost 5pm and I figured you all where done by then. I am glad you all are doing more then one event so that I will have a chance to help out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:52 am

2. Booth at NCI Show

On Saturday Oct 4th. We'll have a booth setup during this event and car show. Our booth will be doing a 50/50 drawing as well as some door prizes for all the spectators of the event. So cleanup the cars, bring them to the show and help out at the booth while hanging out with everyone. We'll have the canopy and banner as well during this event.

this is next weekend we need to know time and where this is at asap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:48 am

Fast Eddie wrote:2. Booth at NCI Show

October 4th - (DAY EVENT) NCI (North Central Institute) Avaition Day at Outlaw Field

This event is FREE to all members who enter the Car Show. Trophies will be awarded during the show. NCI is bringing executives from around the USA to Clarksville to promote it's school. Plenty of planes will be at the airfield as well as helicopters, plus a chance to get a group photo shot with some of the airplanes & mustangs. Also we'll have a booth setup with canopy and banner to promote the club as well as raise funds for Rocky Gilbert. YOU MUST COME WITH THE GROUP TO GET INTO THE CAR SHOW FOR FREE!!! NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE AIRFIELD WITH THEIR MUSTANG AFTER IT'S OPEN UP TO THE PUBLIC!! Meeting at Grandpa's on Ft. Campbell Blvd at 8:00am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:14 pm

is this a show where I should bring my betty boop motorcycle? or is this just a car show

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:15 pm

Blueyegal wrote:is this a show where I should bring my betty boop motorcycle? or is this just a car show
Just a car show and only be invitation. Our club along with only a couple of others were invited. SO THE MUSTANG IS MANDATORY!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:36 pm

Fast Eddie wrote:
Blueyegal wrote:is this a show where I should bring my betty boop motorcycle? or is this just a car show
Just a car show and only be invitation. Our club along with only a couple of others were invited. SO THE MUSTANG IS MANDATORY!!!

ok I will leave the bety boop motorcycle at home

Back to top Go down

Post by BriansGirl Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:30 pm

I had every intention of being at the car wash. However, I slipped and fell in my kitchen late Friday and hurt my back and could barely move Sat. I am going to the chiropractor (again!) today to get it fixed. I am glad ya'll did good though.
BriansGirl
BriansGirl
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Number of posts : 65
Humor : Living in the United States of the Offended

Back to top Go down

Post by D Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:23 am

Hey Well i woint be going to the hunted house thing sat. ..
I think i am going to pass a ton of flyers to all the Business and see if thay will post it up ......Hope it turns out to be good..

If anyone would like to help. Hit me up..
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Just to remind everyone this Sunday Oct 26th is the final fundraiser we'll be doing for Rocky Gilbert. So be sure the rides are clean and come out to support Rocky.
Fast Eddie wrote:
3. Cruise-In at Governors Square Mall

On Sunday Oct 26th our club will be hosting a Cruise-In/Show & Shine to benefit Rocky Gilbert. Silent Auction, 50/50 Drawing and Door Prizes thruout the day. This event will start at 1:00pm until ?? So come out and enjoy all the rides in the area as well as hanging out with all kind of car enthusiast.

[img]Rocky Gilbert Fundraisers Rocky10[/img]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:03 pm

FYI-

One of the items that will be up for silent auction is a NAPA Racing cap signed by both Michael Waltrip from Nascar and Ron Capps from NHRA Funny car. Not that hard to get one or the other, but both together is a rare one!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangrn Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:08 pm

Hey
Would it be ok to wear costumes to this?
mustangrn
mustangrn
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 554
Humor : Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics!!
My Ride/Rides: : 2007 Grabber Orange Mustang GT

Back to top Go down

Post by JH96GT Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:27 pm

Eddie wears one to every meet.

Why not?

lol..........
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:12 am

JH96GT wrote:Eddie wears one to every meet.

Why not?

lol..........

ouch

Hey Rdie, I have command thing going on at the same time. I am willing to drop the car off and it can be there while I am at the command thing and then I will be back after the command thing is from 1-3pm. I would like to do both but I already said I would go to the command thing since it is given out info about the guys coming home. I will call ya in the AM and talk to you about droping off the stang for the show. If all you need is the car and not the body then we can be in but if we have to stay well then that might cause an issue and we would have to miss out. The guys are coming home in 3 weeks so everything is rushed and very confusing for the guys and people back at home. hugs and I wish everyone the best.

Last edited by Blueyegal on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by JH96GT Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:33 am

So if it is starting at 1pm, what time is everyone meeting up? Exactly where is at in the GSM parking lot?
JH96GT
JH96GT
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 503

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangrn Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:53 pm

Just wanted to say what a good time I had today, getting out and talking to with everybody was very therapeutic for me. It was great to see all the Wildhorses and talk to all the people that came out. And it was to support a fellow member. It was just a win-win kind of day for me. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Laughing
mustangrn
mustangrn
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by blackstang1 Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:03 pm

dont forget to bring that car down to me sheri...... ill take good care of you.
blackstang1
blackstang1
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 580
Humor : when life gives you lemons.. dont make lemonade.. Throw them at someone.. Its funny and it makes you feel better.
My Name: : TONY
My Ride/Rides: : 2001 MUSTANG GT
Mods: : A FEW...

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangrn Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:18 pm

No problems, and I got a neighbor who will be coming by too.
mustangrn
mustangrn
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next