WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

progress on the vert

+8
BraMas
Black On Black
cowboy kyle
wingedone
Shady
Danstang
Wolvee
BRADTHEBLADE
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

progress on the vert Empty progress on the vert

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:03 pm

well i just wanted a spot to keep all informed about the paint and motor work done on the vert.well so far i tore all the misc. stuff off and washed it down found and marked all the repairs it needs as well as decided to fill in the antenna and locks and all the emblems.the other thing i will be filling in is the third brake light.i plan on this takeing a little while becouse i am using lead it instead of bondo.i also have a lot of ideas as to what to paint it so if anybody would like to throw out ideas im open to hearring them.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

progress on the vert Empty Re: progress on the vert

Post by Wolvee Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:13 pm

What year is it?
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:54 am

Hot pink!!!! LMAO!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:55 pm

it is a 95.already filled the antenna and fender molding holes.today i am going to fill the door locks.and how mad would you be zack if you got wooped on by a hot pink v-6.lol
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:55 pm

Is that wing gonna work on it?
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:30 pm

BRADTHEBLADE wrote:it is a 95.already filled the antenna and fender molding holes.today i am going to fill the door locks.and how mad would you be zack if you got wooped on by a hot pink v-6.lol

It really was pink? I thought he was just playing. What color are you going to paint it?

Here's my idea for what you should do... It's like Night Rider only better.
progress on the vert 3

progress on the vert 1

progress on the vert 04

Last edited by Sxynerd on Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:50 am

if he is goin 4 the darkness... he should have got taillight and headlight covers!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:38 am

not a fan of the flat black, guess it reminds me too much of the 50,000 hondas running around lansing. i think it would look sweet if you kept the red and did black at the body line towrds the top of the doors and had a black top... just my opinion

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:29 pm

Post a pic of the progress Brad.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:31 pm

EyeCandy4U wrote:not a fan of the flat black, guess it reminds me too much of the 50,000 hondas running around lansing. i think it would look sweet if you kept the red and did black at the body line towards the top of the doors and had a black top... just my opinion

You're right, I didn't think of that.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:55 pm

ok i have anouther question do you guys think i should keep the door handles or shave them as well?it is staying a v-6 so im not to worried about the track.but i am not shure how it would look with such a long door and nothing to break it up.oh and mike it was not pink it was red.the best part so far is that i can put a magnet on all of the repair spots and it still sticks.i will need some help to post pics i still cant figure that out.i also am not shure what color of top i'm going with.leanning toward black or white.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:23 pm

After I seen your signature I figured he was playing, Sorry.

I bought the Auto Loc Door Popper kit for my car all ready to shave them then I thought of the same thing you just did. Plus if your car ever sees ANY sort of winter it would be a PITA to have the mechanism or actuator freeze up. I did shave my key locks off and it's very subtle but noticeable. If you do either of those things then make sure you install a Manual lever for opening one of your doors just in case your battery dies, freezes up or anything else.

I'll find some Rio Red mustangs and photoshop something up for ya.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:45 pm

Here's some quick chops for ya.
progress on the vert MustangWheelsandTires002-2
progress on the vert MustangWheelsandTires001-2
progress on the vert IMGP0498-2
progress on the vert Loweredpony-2
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:18 am

the shaved door handles might look a little funny especially with as bright as your car is but it depends what you do for paint. Like on my red car the paint breaks things up enough that it wouldn't look bad but on just red it might.... if you plan on puting the 4.2 and building it the way you talked i see it hitting the track eventually in which case you are going to need handles....

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:37 am

and you could always put them on after you go to the track once to see what it will run!! I thin on your car it would look nice for cause everything else is shaved!! I will look real clean!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:43 am

Brad, If you can, or have someone, posts pictures of your car, I'll chop that.
Original
progress on the vert FrontierDay08013
Chops
progress on the vert Brad-badgehandleshavesidemolding-pi
progress on the vert Bradbadgeandhandleshave
progress on the vert Brad-badgehandleshavesidemolding

Last edited by Sxynerd on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:37 pm

hey mike that is cool wish i knew how to do that then i could see a bunch of diff paint schemes.i think it is going comp orange with white scalops in the front.not 100% shure but leaning that way.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:45 pm

well i was going to order the new front bumper today but the wifes truck broke yesterday so there goese the cobra front for a week.not that i am any where ready for it.bummping out dents takes forever but at least there is still no bondo.just alot of fileing and hamer and dolly work.the rear quarter on the pass. side had a nasty crease and three good dents.luckly the pass door only had one small dent.as for pics i talked to shady today and he is going to help me post some up when he gets a chance.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Looks kinda cool w/shaved handles.......
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:18 am

hey mike can you photoshop that pinstripe out of there also... he is gonna get ride of that also!!

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:11 am

I have no patience for body work. Always did a crappy job.

I have a real respect for guys that can do it well.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:13 pm

Maxstealth04 wrote:hey mike can you photoshop that pinstripe out of there also... he is gonna get ride of that also!!

Sure, there's not really a big difference because the pinstripe being on the shadow body line but here it is,
progress on the vert Brad-badgehandleshavesidemolding-pi

I put it in the top post for comparison also.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:53 pm

hey mike can you change color of the car with that program?well i have decided to shave the trunk lock now this is going to be fun have to cut off the round spot that sticks out for the lock and fill it in(prob fiberglass)to match the otherside what be that noticable but a mustang fan will see it.the hole pass side is now sanded down and im starting the driver side.hey dose anyone know the law on the licence plate light dose it have to be white.im shaving the stock lights off and adding l.e.d lights mounted flush above the plate.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:17 pm

Here's what I found on mi.gov:
The only color allowed to be displayed to the rear is red or amber. To the sides, front - amber or white, rear - amber or red. No other colors are allowed and if any permitted color lamp is visible from any direction that is not allowed then it cannot be equipped that way. If the lighting causes a visual impairment for the driver or is potentially distracting then such lighting is unlawful.

And here is a portion on the law:
Sec. 698.

(1) A motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than 2 side cowl or fender lamps which shall emit an amber or white light without glare.

(2) A motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than 1 running board courtesy lamp on each side which shall emit a white or amber light without glare.

(3) Backing lights of red, amber, or white may be mounted on the rear of a motor vehicle if the switch controlling the light is so arranged that the light may be turned on only if the vehicle is in reverse gear. The backing lights when unlighted shall be covered or otherwise arranged so as not to reflect objectionable glare in the eyes of a driver of a vehicle approaching from the rear.

(4) Unless both covered and unlit, a vehicle driven on the highways of this state shall not be equipped with a lamp or a part designed to be a reflector unless expressly required or permitted by this chapter or that meets the standards prescribed in 49 C.F.R. 571.108. A lamp or a part designed to be a reflector, if visible from the front, shall display or reflect a white or amber light; if visible from either side, shall display or reflect an amber or red light; and if visible from the rear, shall display or reflect a red light, except as otherwise provided by law.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:48 am

Well I think my orange led set up will B ok then.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next