WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any classic car owners in the club? Post em up!

+2
Danstang
wingedone
6 posters

Go down

Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! Empty Any classic car owners in the club? Post em up!

Post by wingedone Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:25 pm

Along with bikes, we have a couple of classic cars (belong to Charlotte Cruisers, past member of the Mid-Michigan Mopar group, sadly - died).

We currently have 2 cars:

1) 1970 Plymouth Superbird, Tor-red, 440-6bbl, console auto.
Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! 110-1069_IMG

2) (wifes) 1969 Chevy Camaro, RS, convertible, 350 console auto.
Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! 110-1045_IMG

We have had both cars over 8 years now. Time flies.

Had about 4 years ago a 1969 Mercury Cougar vert, 351, 3spd manual. I bought this car because I wanted a convertible. I guess I missed my old 69 Cutlass vert I had in the 70's and was jealous of the wifes car. Dumb move on my part. No room for the car and it did not have the power I wanted. Beautiful car and did not want to mess with it so I sold it, and the 2000 Mustang GT and purchased the 03 Cobra vert. Much happier now.

But I still love the 1st gen cougars look. Just a beautiful style and rode like a dream.
Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! 110-1054_IMG

So enough about me, any other old car owners. Love them all! Model T's on up!
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 540
Humor : George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black
My Name: : Thomas
My Ride/Rides: : 1969 Thunderbird, 1969 Camaro, 1993 GoldWing

Back to top Go down

Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! Empty Re: Any classic car owners in the club? Post em up!

Post by Danstang Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:23 am

Nice rides you got there! Sorry, don't own a classic at this time, but really hope to in the future! Hey, should have posted the pic of the Cobra. That is already a classic.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! Empty Re: Any classic car owners in the club? Post em up!

Post by 1fstroush Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:33 am

All I have to say is...OMG! If we are ever in the area can I drive this!?

I have always wanted seat time in a Road Runner

Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! 110-1069_IMG
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:39 am

it's no where near as sweet as your rides....but...

Kinda got a resto rod if you could even put it in that category. It's a 1972 Leyland 1275GT, restored to 96 Rover Mini Specs...lol.

Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! Img_2910
Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! Img_2911

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:02 am

If we are ever in the area can I drive this!?

You can certainly ride along. Smile Though remember, it takes premium and gets about 9-11 MPG.. Shocked

Kinda got a resto rod if you could even put it in that category. It's a 1972 Leyland 1275GT, restored to 96 Rover Mini Specs

That is very cool. I really like the classic British vehicles. I can see Mr. Bean driving this! Smile

Hey, should have posted the pic of the Cobra. That is already a classic

Ah, its just a daily driver. Wink
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:52 am

musclecar heaven man, nice rides

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:43 pm

Wait RIDE along!? I said DRIVE.

Well I guess I'll have to settle for that then.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:22 pm

The Superbird is my all time favorate Muscle car. Can I just come and set in it :*drive*:
I love how in the 70's the dealerships couldn't give those things away and now 40 years later there getting 200,000 for them
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:27 pm

If we get another local get together, I can bring it out for sure.

But I have to warn you of a letdown. The interior of a Superbird is just like that of a 70 Plymouth RoadRunner. Only difference is you cannot see where the nose ends. Wink Very Happy
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:21 pm

That camaro and cougar look amazing. :%worthy%:

Back to top Go down

Post by wingedone Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:40 pm

2k6silvergt wrote:That camaro and cougar look amazing. :%worthy%:

A pony car lover, through and through. Smile
wingedone
wingedone
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! Empty My '67

Post by venomous Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! April25TMCmeet082
venomous
venomous

Male Number of posts : 3
My Name: : Yancy
My Ride/Rides: : 1967 Coupe
Mods: : 351 Windsor, Holley 4 barrell, Toploader 4spd, Hurst shifter, Ford 9 inch rear end, 3.73 gears, Shelby 350 hood, Raven black paint with red, blue, and silver metal flake, American Racing Hopster wheels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tha_Pony Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:49 am

I have a 1975 Plymouth Sport Fury I'm restoring right now.
Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! -home-t462ool-public_html-forum-uploads-garage_images-image_url-565-1297097820
Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! -home-t462ool-public_html-forum-uploads-garage_images-image_url-565-1297097841
Any classic car owners in the club?  Post em up! -home-t462ool-public_html-forum-uploads-garage_images-image_url-565-1297097896
It doesn't look like this as of right now. It's in the stages of restoration.

Tha_Pony
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Male Number of posts : 12
My Name: : Eric Brown
My Ride/Rides: : !995 Mustang Cobra Clone
Mods: : custom body and paint, cobra r rims, bbk cold air intake, bbk 75mm throttle body, eaton m-90 supercharger, king cobra clutch, world class t5 trans, aluminum drive shaft, eaton posi rear end, short throw shifter, flowmaster exhaust no cats, lots of gauges.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down