WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what a rush!

5 posters

Go down

what a rush! Empty what a rush!

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:50 am

I happen to know the owner of one of the local short tracks in Mid Michigan, and I volunteered my '97 Saleen convertible to be the pace car for the evenings feature races Friday night and take some of his clients from the hospitality tower onto the track with me. While I had to keep the speeds down, there is nothing like seeing a herd of late models & modifieds in your rear view mirror,
less than a car length off your bumper. :-)
My buddy with a 2001 GT convertible with Roush options may take his out to another circle track in August and we'll take turns as the pace car, with a good chance of a one on one race between us at the end of the evening. He's a much much better driver but I've got a few more horses under the hood. :*drive*:

Back to top Go down

what a rush! Empty Re: what a rush!

Post by BraMas Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:22 am

Thats cool! I have been one of the cars behind the pace car (5 Races) it was fun but very $
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:05 pm

Cool If you have time to turn your going to slow. :*burnout*:
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:34 pm

That's sweet, nice way to show everyone your ride. I'd rather be one of the cars behind the pace car, but like Tim said--too much $ to keep things going.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:35 pm

mrvids wrote:I happen to know the owner of one of the local short tracks in Mid Michigan, and I volunteered my '97 Saleen convertible to be the pace car for the evenings feature races Friday night and take some of his clients from the hospitality tower onto the track with me. While I had to keep the speeds down, there is nothing like seeing a herd of late models & modifieds in your rear view mirror,
less than a car length off your bumper. :-)
My buddy with a 2001 GT convertible with Roush options may take his out to another circle track in August and we'll take turns as the pace car, with a good chance of a one on one race between us at the end of the evening. He's a much much better driver but I've got a few more horses under the hood. :*drive*:
Would the track be interested in getting a bunch of 'stangs to lead the parade laps? We could get the club to come down sometime, I know there would several others interested in that!
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:48 pm

Classic car night is coming up at Owosso Speedway on August 9th, that might be a good night to inquire with them. Plus the track is actually west of Owosso in Ovid, so our west side friends would be even closer.
If there is an official rep from this web site they can call the track at 1-989-834-5948 to get the ball rolling. The track is a wide 3/8 mile paved track, and the site is on a former POW camp. whip

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:26 pm

August 9th we will all be in Indiana at the Tri-Chapter meet

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:37 pm

The 16th of August is the date we have penciled in for the Saleen vs.Roush showdown. Sorry "me" can't be part of the "we" in Indiana because of a prior commitment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:09 pm

Mrvids? Are you Mike from Swartz creek with the supercharged SN95?
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Yes it's me.... guilty as supercharged! I did have Pete tune the computer as you suggested last summer, but haven't been able to afford the paint work on the bumpers yet. $7-800 is the estimates I've gotten so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Damn, he never even told me he tuned you car.... He re-tuned my car for me a few months back and it put down 436rwhp 410rwtq.
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:13 am

Im sure it's a day he'd rather forget. The computer had the SVO SC chip plugged in it so the computer couldn't be tuned, pulled it out. Then the battery wasn't charging due to a bad cell, bought a new battery while he tuned another car. Still ran like a Pinto until we pulled the plugs and discovered they had the factory gap, which was too wide for the SC. Nothing like re-gapping hot plugs! Finally we got it done, he didn't charge me more even though it took three times as long as it should have. He tuned while I drove the car. We were so hungry because we had been at it so long we considered crashing a wedding reception we found at someone's backyard while we were tuning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum