WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corral Day 2008

Go down

Corral Day 2008 Empty Corral Day 2008

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:38 pm

Had a great time at Corral Day at Beech Bend. The event was a little smaller this year than I remember from a few years ago (about 5 years ago?). Guess the high price of gas is getting to everyone. Brian was there in his Acura (or is that spelled ACK u r?). Tom and Ed from Ohio county was there. Tom has an '02(?) V6 spaying a small amount of nitrous running very low 14's and Ed has a Fox with a carb that usually runs in the lower 10's (and he keeps bugging me to drive this monster...). Not me...I want to work down to that level. No way am I gonna jump down to a car like that! He did find another person to drive it (I helped him look for the guy!).The guys from Insane Stangs were there also. One of them has his car in the 9.23 range! The heat and humidity was killing all our times so everone was running a couple of 10ths off their usual times. I was off by a little more than a 10th and half all day. The most impressive car was a turbo Fox running in the 8.43's. You look at this thing going down the track and it looks like it's going to roll over on it's side! He almost qualified as a bike! Only 3 vehicles entered the Burn Out contest (prize was 4 brand new Nitto tires - any tires from their catalog). A Fox GT, a Lightning, and Tom's V6. Tom won the tires! They gave away alot of nice prizes from various dealers and as usual, I didn't win a dang thing. All the numbers drawn were all around my numbers but none of mine hit. Early in the afternoon they started giving away door prizes if you won a round of racing (I thought that was neat). Does anyone need a big Nitto Tire Banner for their automotive shop? Let me know. After the event, Brian and I went to Outback and waited for Jill to show up. Then the 3 of us went back to the track for some Saturday Night fun night racing. Jill(in her Mustang) and Brian(in his Acura) did some racing. Jills times were better than Brians so I guess she is giving him he(( today... I ain't going no where near them two....LOL. A guy in his 2000 Z28 (with long tube headers and a few other tricks) and I were talking and he said his times were way off due to the heat/humidity and I watched his runs and he was running 14.0's and 14.1's. I didn't feel so bad about my 13.5's and my 13.49's after that. Jill and Brian left the track and I made one more run and called it quits. On the way home I saw a white Camaro with his flashers on the side of the road with the hood up. I turned around (thinking it was the Z28 from the track) to help him out. It wasn't the same guy (or car- it was an RS). He had overheated and I stayed with him till his friends showed up with the water. It was a long hot day for alot of people but I had fun.

Back to top Go down

Corral Day 2008 Empty Re: Corral Day 2008

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:40 pm

i saw your car up there, I have some good pics of it...will post them up shortly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:09 pm

Nice pics!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:30 pm

Damn I hate being here I miss everything.. stupid war! sounds like it was alot of fun. If no one wants the banner I will take it, I have a great spot picked out in Donna's garage for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:01 am

RedRoushOne wrote:The most impressive car was a turbo Fox running in the 8.43's. You look at this thing going down the track and it looks like it's going to roll over on it's side! He almost qualified as a bike!

That is Mark Fisher's 91 Mustang GT...with a 363 stroker motor, and a 91.5mm G-Trim Turbo pounding out 1400 hp at the rear wheels (Very freaking Impressive!!!). Mark is from Jackson, TN, and he was running 7's last year. I think a little more tune time, and some cooler temps, and he'll be back in the 7's.

Yesterday he was running 8.43 @ 176 mph...he blew the driver side head gasket on the final pass, and they were finished for the day.

you can read up a little bit here. his username is qwkphkr
http://www.svtoanashville.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4817

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down