WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Recomendations

5 posters

Go down

Need Recomendations Empty Need Recomendations

Post by phrostygurl Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:29 pm

OK so now that I have the mechanical part of my car figured out I have yet another issue however this on really makes me mad. So last night driving home a friend of mine and I noticed large cloud of something over the road following a group of trucks, gotta love the state of MI 's road crews out painting YELLOW lines on the road so I now have YELLOW overspray on my car :?curses?: , the insurence is going to pay for it to get cleaned up this is where I need yall's help can you recommend anyone that will do a GREAT job on detailing out all the paint ???
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 418
Humor : Im PHROSTY for a reason ... but yall know you LUV me !!!! lol
My Name: : PHROSTY
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 GT Black and yes she is so sexxxy

http://www.myspace.com/phrostygurl

Back to top Go down

Need Recomendations Empty Re: Need Recomendations

Post by D Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Sorry to hear about what happen. Hope you can get it clean up .
D
D
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Male Number of posts : 654
Humor : Your to FAT to ride this ride.
My Ride/Rides: : 02 White Gt
Mods: : whatever i want

http://myspac.com/raverkandi.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:03 pm

Send a PM to Flyyier.... he said he has a friend that does paint and loves Mustangs!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:57 pm

No need to repaint...

Here's what will save you major $$$

1) Find a friend or club member that has experience in detailing cars. It can be done by yourself, but an experienced person with waxing cars always helps.

2) Go to the autoparts store and pickup the following: Paint Rubbing Compound, Paint Polishing compound, Cleaner Wax, Carnuba wax, clay bar wax kit, and several dozen polishing cloths. Brands preferrably Meguir's. (Please note: All cloths used in the polishing process must be clean and damp with water. All cloths used in the wax removal process must by clean and dry.)

3) Start with dampening a polishing cloth. Apply some Cleaner Wax to a polishing cloth slowly in a circular motion apply the cleaner was to the overspray. This should start to remove the overspray, if this doesn't proceed to step 4.

If it does, continue to use the cleaner wax on the entire car, then using the carnuba wax, wax the car in the same ciruclar process. Remove the wax with a clean NON-DAMP cloth.

4) Start with dampening a polishing cloth. Then using the rubbing compound lightly and I mean lightly start in a circular motion rub the compund onto the over spray. This step must be done with precise actions or you can eat the paint away.

5) Once the rubbing compound has removed most of the overspray...do the same with the polishing compound. This will bring the paints luster back up for the clay bar process.

6) Using the claybar kit: Claybar the entire car. This is a special process, all kits come with directions and everything needed to perform a sucessful clay bar. When this is done you will have a very nice and clean top coat of clear coated paint.

7) Using the Carnuba wax; wax the entire car after the clay bar process. This will give your car that deep glossy never ending paint job.

Have fun, I had to do this to my old ZX2 because some azzhat decided to spray paint my car.

AJ
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:24 am

if you don't know how to do this and don't know anyone jessica i would pay the deductible and have it professionally does cause as he said it can eat the paint away...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:06 am

On that note I pay extra every month and have NO DEDUCTIBLE !!!!!!! I am taking it in today insurence is paying for it to be done :*woohoo*:
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:30 pm

Jason Bushnell would be your guy to wheel that out. He does wonders to cars when it comes to detailing. Didn't he refer you to the club, Jessica?
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:47 am

Yes he did, we have been playing "meet-up" tag. but he does do a great job on any car he touches
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:15 pm

"car" LMAO!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:51 am

LOL keep it PG rated Zac!

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:32 am

I am a Parent!!! LMAO!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by phrostygurl Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:25 am

lol... well he's not touchin this "car" lol lol... :_lol_:

OMG
phrostygurl
phrostygurl
Small Block 351W