WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Mustangs and i got a beater!

+2
my2005stanggt
Kkeeda
6 posters

Go down

New to Mustangs and i got a beater! Empty New to Mustangs and i got a beater!

Post by Kkeeda Thu May 10, 2012 11:59 pm

i noticed a lot of clean mustangs in this group thats why i figured you guys need a beater like mine in here!
I just picked up a ******* Stang. A FLincon or LinOrd.. I m not sure i did good but its a 1996 Mustang body with 1988 Lincon V8 302 5.0 carb-ed! Twisted Evil
5spd, no air, wrench bolted to alternator, wiring that would make any grown man cringe and a battery drain to be proud of!

My roommate has owned a couple stangs (91 gt and 97 gt) but this is my 1st.
I ll post pictures of the frankenstang soon.
We're going to be working on making it run better and hopefully make it more eye appealing then an eye sore. bounce

Keith/Mark

Kkeeda

Male Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

New to Mustangs and i got a beater! Empty Re: New to Mustangs and i got a beater!

Post by my2005stanggt Fri May 11, 2012 9:59 am

OMG I needed that laugh. We all will be happy to see the pictures and welcome you to our Forums. Keep in touch and drive to some of our meets and say hi to us. Were just a bunch of over worked under paid family people with a passion to do Mustang stuff.
lol!
my2005stanggt
my2005stanggt
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

New to Mustangs and i got a beater! Empty Re: New to Mustangs and i got a beater!

Post by Kkeeda Fri May 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Alright... unbolted the seat to find out the PO broke the seat bracket off. How the hell do you break a seat bracket?
Valve cover is now cleaned.. Holley carb is messed up! the choke was held open the entire time by a rigged up pin. Cleaned the aluminum up with some pipe cleaner for harleys and man does it look stellar.
Found a blazer jack in the back.. looks like the smithsonian lost it.
The speakers were held in by wood screws! The radio doesnt work but its pioneer. A mystery blue wire was found and reinserted in to a mystery relay. No idea what it turns on.
Lights on... but the dashboard doesnt come on. Anyone got a Lincon or mustang of 88 Service manual?
We're off to the PAP tomorrow they claim to have a 97 stang there.
More to follow

Kkeeda

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Sat May 12, 2012 1:07 am

Kkeeda wrote:Alright... unbolted the seat to find out the PO broke the seat bracket off. How the hell do you break a seat bracket?
Valve cover is now cleaned.. Holley carb is messed up! the choke was held open the entire time by a rigged up pin. Cleaned the aluminum up with some pipe cleaner for harleys and man does it look stellar.
Found a blazer jack in the back.. looks like the smithsonian lost it.
The speakers were held in by wood screws! The radio doesnt work but its pioneer. A mystery blue wire was found and reinserted in to a mystery relay. No idea what it turns on.
Lights on... but the dashboard doesnt come on. Anyone got a Lincon or mustang of 88 Service manual?
We're off to the PAP tomorrow they claim to have a 97 stang there.
More to follow

be very careful with that bro. it takes a second of switched power to cause a fire. (ask me how i know lol) good luck with everything. sounds like you may be finding stuff wherever you look Smile
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kkeeda Sat May 12, 2012 4:39 am

Its got a battery drain so we unhook the battery every time its used.
Im familiar with engine fires.. Roommates' 91 cause on fire!

Kkeeda

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Mon May 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Welcome to Wildhorses! I've had a few cars like that myself. We're always willing help, or laugh at you! Terry and Chip do all of our planning so check out our webpage www.scwildhorses.com or facebook for the most up to date event information.
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Dreamin Mon May 14, 2012 9:49 pm

What color is it? I had a white 98 gt that I had to trade in on my economy daily driver car. I missed it so much and was so misserable without it that we had to go looking and get me another mustang to replace it. So now I have an 03 gt and I'm in even more in dept., but I am happy because I have a mustang again. Like you want parts to run, I want parts to make it more powerful and fast enough to keep up with all the horsepower in this group. But that will take a while for me also.
Thunder Dreamin
Thunder Dreamin
hitch hiker
hitch hiker

Female Number of posts : 13
My Name: : Thunder Dreamin
My Ride/Rides: : 03 Gray Mustang Gt
Mods: : Flowmasters, two catalitic convertors removed.

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangmallory Tue May 15, 2012 12:00 am

Welcome to the group! Look forward to meeting you sometime. You can always call on me if you need help locating parts on the cheap. I'm currently working on 2 stangs. My 06 is my baby and building her power up currently. My other is a 97 vert that is been a blast to work on. I've got seat brackets if you need them. Hell I've got seats too if you need them! PAP isn't going to have much, I think I raped most of the good stuff...lol. Let's see some pics though!!!
mustangmallory
mustangmallory

Male Number of posts : 246
Humor : I find humor in everything!
My Name: : Ridge
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 Mustang GT
Mods: : Mallory is more about looks than speed right now. I'm trying to keep it clean and classy, while bringing out the natural aggression of our beloved stangs.

CDC Aggressive chin spoiler
Golden Eye 6k HID headlights and foglights
Shelby Cobra Super Snake stripe
20% Windown film from Palmetto Pro Tint
H&R Super Sport lowering springs
KMC Nova series wheels with Nitto NT550 tires (staggered fit)
OEM 1966 "GT" fender badges...yes they are over 50 years old
UPR Products Pistol grip shifter
Dash has been blacked out
Pioneer f700 headunit
Roush hood scoop
Saleen headlight splitters
Clear front corner marker lights
Cherry Bomb mufflers

https://www.facebook.com/david.ridgill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down