WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any Ideas?

4 posters

Go down

any Ideas? Empty any Ideas?

Post by Robkw82 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:28 am

I'm sure you guy's remember the Bonneville. I got a few mods about to happen to it along with rebuilding the supercharger. But I was wondering if anyone has any Idea's on how I can bypass the 125mph limit mark on this thing. The GM forums got nothin for it, so I came here. It's already hittin so hard its ripping the front motor mount. But in all the testing phases it slows down at 110mph then cuts off at 125mph max. I'm thinkin have it reprogrammed for no limiter, but that can't be it.

Oh, if anyone has a bell housing for the 3.8 5spd that you don't need anymore could you let me know? I can't get the T-bird finished till I find one of those.
Robkw82
Robkw82
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 83
My Name: : Rob White
My Ride/Rides: : 89 Tbird (work in progress) 2000 Bonneville SSEI

Back to top Go down

any Ideas? Empty Re: any Ideas?

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:04 pm

doing some salt flat runs and need to go over 125?!? lol, I know nothing about them but as with the fords im sure you need to have it programmed to remove the limiter
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:27 pm

As with any car running a PCM/ECU tuned motor, you'll need to have the computer reprogrammed or a handheld tuner with tunes to allow you to change this automatically.

1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Robkw82 Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:16 am

yeah thats what I was thinking and started hearing from a few others. but yeah I want it to stop slowing down at 110mph and only going till 125. cuz honestly track or no track it doesnt matter how fast i hit 110+ if I cant keep going that kills my time and the other guy could catch up and pass. but we will see what happens after I redo that 3.8 I'm gonna go back a few steps and do some more to it Very Happy
Robkw82
Robkw82
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by Robkw82 Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:15 pm

I got somethin for you guy's my neighbor has a running 460 we decided to throw into the car. once it's in it wont take long to get it back out on the road. he's gonna give me a lot for it all i gotta do is get the c6. and work my way back so the rear holds it.
Robkw82
Robkw82
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:46 am

sweet
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by COLE Wed May 09, 2012 9:35 pm

get a tech 2 and call it a day
COLE
COLE
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1630
My Ride/Rides: : 2003 Mustang GT Dark Shadow Grey
Mods: : some suspension, straight pipes, cold air, and ???? idk....

http://www.myspace.com/03colegt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down