WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Went to the Track Today

3 posters

Go down

Went to the Track Today Empty Went to the Track Today

Post by Eagle2000GT Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:38 am

I went to Lucas Oil today. It was the first time in 35 year I have raced on a track. I ran street configuration: spare tire, 3/4 gas tank, and all season tires. I didn't even lower the air pressure on the tires.

My best time was 13.0 at 111 mph. My 60' on that run was 2.0.

I've heard a rumor that ProChargers can't hot lap. It isn't true. I drove an hour to get there, waited 15 minutes in line to get in and ran 4 hot laps within 14 minutes. There was no wait between the third and fourth races. I went straight to the burn out box. The only time my car was shut off was the couple of minutes it took to register. My fastest time of that set was the fourth race. My fastest time of the day was later when I dropped the rpms on launch so low that the car bogged on take off. I had a lot of fun but I think I need a set of drag radials.
Eagle2000GT
Eagle2000GT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 86
My Name: : Tom
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Mustang GT
12.7 @ 111.4 mph

Back to top Go down

Went to the Track Today Empty Re: Went to the Track Today

Post by FRCE_FED Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:19 am

Congrats on getting back on the horse Tom! could have called me lol my house is 2sec from the track! we are still dealing with issues on timing and not getting the car to start, pulling the front cover today to see if the cam gear slipped a tooth or 2
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle2000GT Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:43 am

I didn't really know if I was going until the last minute. Sorry to hear you are still having problems with your car.
Eagle2000GT
Eagle2000GT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

12.7 @ 111.4 mph

Back to top Go down

Post by 1fstroush Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:40 am

Well now, it sounds like you've got a good starting point. With some weight reduction, suspension tweaks, etc. I don't see why you couldn't hit low 12's.
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle2000GT Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:13 pm

I definitely need a set of tires. I had no traction in first. My best 60' was when I launched nearly at idle, the car bogged down and then took off. I didn't want to run drag radials before because my stock clutch had nearly 150,000 miles on it. But I had a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch put in last week.
Eagle2000GT
Eagle2000GT
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

12.7 @ 111.4 mph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content