WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wheel hub assembly replacement..

5 posters

Go down

wheel hub assembly replacement.. Empty wheel hub assembly replacement..

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:53 am

Does anyone here knows the basic procedure for replacing the wheel hub assembly? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

wheel hub assembly replacement.. Empty Re: wheel hub assembly replacement..

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:46 am

yup 1.remove wheel2.remove brake caliper and bracket3.remove rotor4.remove dust cap from center of hub5.remove large nut behind dust cap.6.remove bad hub
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Eturner Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:31 pm

BRADTHEBLADE wrote:yup 1.remove wheel2.remove brake caliper and bracket3.remove rotor4.remove dust cap from center of hub5.remove large nut behind dust cap.6.remove bad hub

That does sound pretty basic!!.. Smile 3gears
Eturner
Eturner
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 970
Humor : Yes it's fast.....No you can't drive it!!!
My Name: : ED
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 MUSTANG GT......40th ANNV.
Mods: : INTAKE, PULLLYS, TUNE, AND A CHERRY-BOMB VORTEX CAT BACK SYSTEM.....MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER, SOME DECALS AND INTERIOR PEICES TOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by GreyGhost Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Is this a hub and bearing type? scratch Or is it the old spindle and bearing? shrug

GreyGhost

Number of posts : 898

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:23 pm

yeah its very easy to do... we did it on mine last year and i think Danstang has done it 2 or 3 times on his...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:08 am

Shady wrote:yeah its very easy to do... we did it on mine last year and i think Danstang has done it 2 or 3 times on his...
Yeah, but more like 6 or 7 times! Very easy, just as Brad posted. This is very common with Mustangs. Even easier when using some good air tools.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down