WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanting to Start a New Chapter In Northern California

+5
FRCE_FED
Shady
Black On Black
BraMas
Frank Riley
9 posters

Go down

Wanting to Start a New Chapter In Northern California Empty Wanting to Start a New Chapter In Northern California

Post by Frank Riley Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:53 pm

I am new but have been around Mustang Clubs for about 30 years so I am old school. I would like to start a Wild Horses Mustang Club Chapter based in Sacramento, California. I have owned just about every year Mustang made in the past and my current one is a 2001 GT Premium Edition Yellow with black leather on the inside, 5 spd, Vortech V3 Supercharger and it has 13000 miles on it so basically a show car. I feel a need for a new club in my area directed at newer Mustangs and more performance as the old clubs here are full of tired old people that have little interest in performance or any activitiy at all. I want something for young and old performances nuts a like! I hope you welcome me and I love talking about cars and iron horses so do not be shy say what you want here!

Frank at pointed@earthlink.net

Last edited by Frank Riley on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 243

http://wildhorsesmustangassociation.com

Back to top Go down

Wanting to Start a New Chapter In Northern California Empty Re: Wanting to Start a New Chapter In Northern California

Post by BraMas Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Frank believe it or not the Widhorses was started in Cali years ago. But it seemed the Cali cew just vanished so the TN,MI&IN chapter broke away from them so we could keep things going. One of us can send you info on starting a chapter
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Wanting to Start a New Chapter In Northern California Empty Re: Wanting to Start a New Chapter In Northern California

Post by Frank Riley Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Yes I kind of figured that out as the old site with those Chapters is still online and for a few months I tried to contact people from that site with no answers. I was about to use the name to start my club when I ran across this site. I figured if I am going to try this I better get your support. I am based in Northern Cal and I am hoping to attract new car owners and not so much the classic Mustangs. There are still lots of events and clubs in California so I know it will be hard work but I want to give it a chance because I see a lot of late model Mustangs around and very few participating in car clubs. Wish me Luck.

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Black On Black Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Cool LUCK 3gears
Black On Black
Black On Black
347 Stroker
347 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1063
My Name: : Randy
My Ride/Rides: : 2009 GT Vert and new project 1984 Cutlass Supreme
Mods: : Mustang has Ford Hi-pro exhuast, Ford Racing Tune and ford Racing CAI. Cutlass has a 1979 403 in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:41 pm

Well frank, Danstang is who you want to contact about getting a new chapter application... he can also give you the details on what starting a new chapter involves (a probationary period and stuff)... we are a well established club so we try to make sure people are commited before just handing over a new chapter, but as SC and LA could tell you, it is well worth the added troubles in the long run...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by FRCE_FED Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:04 am

Frank Riley wrote:Yes I kind of figured that out as the old site with those Chapters is still online and for a few months I tried to contact people from that site with no answers. I was about to use the name to start my club when I ran across this site. I figured if I am going to try this I better get your support. I am based in Northern Cal and I am hoping to attract new car owners and not so much the classic Mustangs. There are still lots of events and clubs in California so I know it will be hard work but I want to give it a chance because I see a lot of late model Mustangs around and very few participating in car clubs. Wish me Luck.

1st of all Frank thanks for getting with us. getting no answers from the old chapter is the same problems we had hence we broke off. Please dont hesitate to reach out to any Moderators/ Admins (me including) if you havent heard something back.
FRCE_FED
FRCE_FED
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2450
Humor : spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know
My Name: : David
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 3.8L Stang, Performance Red
Mods: : Built 3.8l, Custom little 62mm Single Turbo, fox 8.8 rear, TKO500 5speed manual trans, HPX 05 maf, custom tune by myself, and vmp tuning Looking for 550rwh at the wheels! Its just a lil v6 Smile

http://www.myspace.com/kbcobra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:36 am

Thanks so much! I am very much into doing this as I have put a lot of time and money into my Mustang. I need and want a club that will do the activities I would enjoy. This is no flash in the pants for me. It is something I have been working at for sometime. I have been in contact with most of the clubs in Northern California and have to say I want to start one directed toward younger individuals and newer Mustangs. Thanks for giving me advice and I would like to know as much as you can tell me about the club in general. Why did it vanish in California, there are tons of new age Mustangs in this State? At this point I have not gotten an email back concerning starting a new Chapter and I did send the email to the address on the website for that. I am ready to get to work so please get me going and lead me in the right direction.

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:31 am

Patience my friend. Believe me I know how eager you are to get started. All in good time. This is not going to be an overnight process but rather one that not only lets the rest of the club know that you're committed to what you're starting but yourself as well. Start recruiting members and get a good core group that comes to your meetings and events, take pictures so that prospective members can see and not just read about and stay in touch with us. It is a lengthy process but one that's well worth it in the end. I have made some of my best friends through this group both in state and out. You will not find a better group of people than these people here. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing what you guys are doing in CA!
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Okay, I will do just that. Concerning the clothing, cups and other WH stuff that is for sale on the old site are you going to pick up that material as well, I noticed that the design and so on is still at Cafepress and should be easy to purchase from them. I just want to know what I can offer new members as I get members lined up and so on. As for events I will follow closely the events that will be scheduled by the clubs in NorCal and the local business in my area, this will give me a good foundation to get started. I will go to several events next year and hopefully bring along new members with me. I will be talking to as many Mustang owners as possible. And yes I am excited about it so the sooner I get started the sooner that can wear off and the work can get underway.

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by BRADTHEBLADE Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:28 pm

welcome i didnt even know the old site was still up.dont you/they or someone have to pay for web sites?why would it still be up are there people still on it?owell good luck and enjoy all the club has to offer.
BRADTHEBLADE
BRADTHEBLADE
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 380
My Name: : Brad
My Ride/Rides: : mine 95vert/wife 01 gt
Mods: : custom paint v6 to v8 swap auto to tko 500 swap 7.5 to cobra irs swap all locks and antenna shaved lowerd 2.5 inches red interior swaped to all black cobra interior powder coated engine parts svo side exhaust one piece NON halo head lights clear tail lights and side markers saleen speedster cover 10.5 chrome cobra r rims out back and 9,s up front 3.73 gears aluminum radiator and drive shaft 125 shot dual nitrous tank set up style bar with custom air defuzer and alot of other things i forget

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Thanks and yes the old site is still there and working but no one answers when you send them anything.

http://www.wildhorsesclub.com/

Last edited by Frank Riley on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by scstanger Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:19 am

Get members and then worry about apparel. Find a good graphics person to make your window decals and get a couple for yourself. Start small and work your way up. Our chapter in SC is not even a year old yet and we're really just starting to grow. I took the advice of getting a good core group and we have a great time at our meetings and cookouts. That's what this club is about, friendship and enjoying our stangs with fellow enthusiasts. Everything else will fall into place in due time...
scstanger
scstanger
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1175
Humor : In every situation!
My Name: : Richard
My Ride/Rides: : 2000 Roush Stage 1
Mods: : Roush CAI, BBK 70mm TB with Trickflow Aluminum Intake manifold and plenum, Magnaflow X and shorty mufflers, SCT Tune, 8000k HID Headlights and FOGS

Back to top Go down

Post by BraMas Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:58 pm

A strong core group of people is key to surviving
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:04 pm

All good advice, so thanks. I am going to try and purchase from cafe press as the design is already there, I am not sure where the money will go maybe just to Cafe press. I am going to be away for some weeks through January but then I will get fully into the show car season, I am ordering business cars and will be talking to every Mustang owner I see around town. So you are right it will start small but I want it to grow.

As for everyone here are all the groups kind of in a rebuilding phase now after the California group folded?

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:18 pm

yes and no... Michigan has pretty much rebuild from a change in leadership 2 years ago, Tennessee is still rebuilding from a change in leadership, SC and LA are both new chapters, and Indiana chapter president has had his plate full as of late but hopefully they will start their rebuild soon...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by dago Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:32 pm

LIke all the guys said its alot of work but i love it so good luck to you.
dago
dago

Female Number of posts : 852
My Name: : GLENDA
My Ride/Rides: : 2006 GT YELLOW SHE IS CALLED BLACK WIDOW SHE HAS A TUNNER A COLD AIR INTAKE CATBACK X PIPES RUNS A 13.5 IN THE QUARTER two tone katskin leater with a blackwidow on the head rest yellow carbin dash kit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Okay, that helps me understand. This is a perfect time for me to start in California with a new club to get a chapter back in the state. I am basically building from scratch with your help and support. So the club is in an upward direction from now on. There are already two Mustang clubs in my town of Sacramento and they were one club back a few years ago but basically broke apart due to political fighting and the age issue. The younger people wanted a more active club. Both those clubs tend to favor classic Mustangs so I am going to direct my efforts to 1974 and above Mustangs that are generally not supported very well. I want a club that has fun and does not stumble on political control issues and so on, in fact if I end up being called the president or something I am going to make everything in the club equal for everyone. In others words a group of people that do things together with no boss over their heads. My leadership will just be to guide them and help organize. I have never been one that likes the bosses much or wants to dominate people, I want to help people enjoy the club. I see a lot of things wrong with the two clubs in my town and part of that is because they basically run themselves in the same manner, like a ruling party at the meetings. They also spend way to much time not talking about cars and to much time on raffel tickets and budgets, that is not why we like cars and getting together. Its all about friends and the cars not who is in control. Anyway, enough of my thoughts. I think it is time for me to jump in and give this one Hell of a try!

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:04 am

Hello Frank, welcome to Wildhorses!. As everyone here has already stated, be patient, fill out the chapter app, and keep up your enthusiasm. It sounds easy to just start up a chapter, but to make sure a new chapter continues to grow and remain strong is another. The site and chapter leaders will review your app and any other supporting info we have them move from there. We want to make sure on our end that the process for all new potential chapters is handled in the same manner as current ones.

As for ordering anything from Cafe Press, the web address on there is not correct for the current Wildhorses website, we will not be using merch form the old site. It is all the old site address (which is still out there, but a "dead stick" as far as being anything operational or up-to-date). Get a hold of me (or any site admin) via private message concerning decals and such.

Just go through us for anything or any questions you may have.

Dan
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Thanks Dan!

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Riley Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:44 am

Dan I was wondering what types of clothing and appearal I can get. I think the Wild Horses red horse head is pretty cool and would appeal to a lot of people. I think it might be a good idea to know what I can get and yes I am aware the old site has a different address its actually a .com . I was just refering to the red horse head on cups and things that might be able to be used. I have purchased several custom jackets and shirts that I had made from my own designs in the past so that should be simple to do again, I have a small ebay business and can get some very good deals on clothing there as well. But if you have items already that would be cool. I did send the application in so I hope you find it okay. I understand that at this point I am just starting out and it will take time. I have no illussions about getting a large club up and running with out a lot of work, luck and support from businesses. At this point I am just happy you will support my cause and I will give it my best. The weather sucks here right now as we are in a raining period but I am going to contact as many people as I can to see if I can generate interest. I think a good selling point is that I am not asking for a fee from the new members they can join and not have additional fees that other clubs would require (in other words it will not cost them anything to see how it goes).

Frank Riley
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down