WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suggestions?

4 posters

Go down

suggestions? Empty suggestions?

Post by Tanyajo Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:23 pm

Hey everyone, I have an 87 Fox body with this reoccurring problem I just can't figure out. I'm looking for some advice. What is happening is, When i push in the clutch the RPM jump to about 2000 it seems to happen more when shifting from 4th to 5th gear. However it has happened in lower gears as well. Speed doesn't seem to affect it. Temperature might affect it a little, I seem to have the problem on cooler days, not necessarily cold days but cooler days. I replaced my TPS beginning of the summer and that seemed to take care of the issue until recently it started again its hard for me to believe that the sensor went bad in just a few months, considering the one I took off looked like it was an original. So I'm just open to opinions, ideas, anything .. I'm hoping i'm just missing something little and stupid that could be making this happen.
Thanks!
Tanya
Tanyajo
Tanyajo
4 Cylinder
4 Cylinder

Female Number of posts : 48
Humor : Glitter is the herpes of art supplies
My Name: : Tanya Johnson
My Ride/Rides: : 1987, Mustang GT 5.0, Black
Mods: : BBK Cold Air Intake
21/2in H-pipe with Flowmaster
MSD Disturber
Morsso Blue Max Wires
Headman Hedders (Shorty)
Custom Audio System
Sony head unit
5 Polk speakers plus Sub.
Under body and interior blue neon's (Contrary to all belief that doesn’t make it a “ricer” it still has a Detroit Iron V8)

Most work done to the car has been paint and cosmetic repairs

Back to top Go down

suggestions? Empty Re: suggestions?

Post by Shady Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:07 pm

No clue... but I wouldn't count out the sensor... I know advanced auto and autozone have been notorious for fault electronics (especially fuel pumps)...

Shady
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1366
Humor : When you own a ford you don't need a good wrench!
My Name: : Rick AKA "Shady"
My Ride/Rides: : 1997, Mustang GT, Black
Mods: : Lambo doors, 6" cowl hood, Alpine touchscreen in-dash DVD player, Nytrex Triple Threat Nitrous System, BBK off-road X pipe, Flowmaster exhaust, Halo Headlights, 20" KMC Floss Wheels, and a cute passenger seat cover...

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadBlock Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:57 am

Try dialing your throttle body down some. Like closing it slightly more cause my 04 did they same thing about the revs jumping up when I pushed the clutch in. I dialed the throttle body down slightly not even really enough that it affected the idle and it hasn't done it ever since.
RoadBlock
RoadBlock
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 324
Humor : What the duece? Doh'
My Name: : Jon
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 Mustang GT, 1967 Mustang Project Car, 1992 LX Mustang Beater
Mods: : Intake, Exhaust, Suspension, Appearance. Nuff said

Back to top Go down

Post by 93slowstang Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 pm

it may be your iac, mine did that and i changed mine and it has been fine so far.
93slowstang
93slowstang
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 56
Humor : 22* advance and the smurf is running like a mongoose on meth...
My Name: : Jon Estes "JP"
My Ride/Rides: : Smurf Blue 93 GT, 00 H word civic or another...
Mods: : Gt 40p heads and intake, cai, 02 gt maf housing, 65mm t/b, e303 cam, bbk shorties, o/r x-pipe dumped flowmaster 10series, MSD blaster coil, cap and rotor, and wires, 3G alternator, proform fan (burnt up), deleted smog pump, SCT 4 bank eliminator chip, 255lph bbk (walbro) fuel pump, and the Mac daddy of them all, 2:73 gears...Waiting to install the 3.73s.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down