WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBK TB on 2005 GT.

2 posters

Go down

BBK TB on 2005 GT. Empty BBK TB on 2005 GT.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:53 pm

I just recently installed the BBK twin 62 mm TB on my car. It ran great for a few days but yesterday went into Failsafe mode and now won't stay out. I had PCM reflashed today at Dealer thinking this was caused by my Diablo Sport tuner failing in the middle of a custom tune install. The car keeps throwing an OBD communication code and was showing a TB forced closure code. We adjusted the screw on TB motor for TPS voltage As well as loosened the tension spring on motor. Reinstalled TB and now once the engine revs it is very slow to drop rpms and throttle seems to increase by itself. Now car has OBD comm code and a diffrent TB code. Plus if clear codes will go back to Failsafe mode. Anyone got any ideas or had this problem before after a TB install???? banghead

Back to top Go down

BBK TB on 2005 GT. Empty Re: BBK TB on 2005 GT.

Post by BraMas Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:30 pm

I would send BBK an e-mail to there tech line. I know the S197 is pretty fussy about mods. tech@bbkperformance.com
BraMas
BraMas
Admin

Male Number of posts : 1533
My Name: : Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:21 pm

Jury is back and the final decision is TB motor is shot. Not sure how or why but it's bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadBlock Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:23 am

Yeah if it revs and takes a bit to drop rpms back down that's a bad TB. Cause my 04' started doing it but mined mechanical and I just adjusted it and works great again. But the electronic ones that you guys have are touchy about things like that. Hopefully they don't give you any crap about exchanging it. Cause shipping can affect them sometimes. Hope it all works out for ya.
RoadBlock
RoadBlock
Small Block 302
Small Block 302

Male Number of posts : 324
Humor : What the duece? Doh'
My Name: : Jon
My Ride/Rides: : 2004 Mustang GT, 1967 Mustang Project Car, 1992 LX Mustang Beater
Mods: : Intake, Exhaust, Suspension, Appearance. Nuff said

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:28 am

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:23 pm

ahhh i love the 5.0!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down