WILDHORSES MUSTANG CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOSS 302 Mustang Confirmed

5 posters

Go down

BOSS 302 Mustang Confirmed Empty BOSS 302 Mustang Confirmed

Post by Danstang Thu May 27, 2010 11:58 pm

BOSS 302 Mustang Confirmed Timthu11

We talked last March about how the BOSS 302R race car engine made a strong case for a future production car when one of our readers snapped photos in the paddock. The production grade intake manifold, intake tubes, plumbing and other details were far more developed that what you would find in a handful of cars made up just for the race track.

Of couse our friends at Ford offered no comment to our questions back then. But it has been one of the worst best kept secrets that Ford would soon be offering a BOSS 302 Mustang based on the newly unveiled 2011 5.0 DOHC V8.

This last week Ford President of the Americas, Mark Fields let the cat out of the bag at an annual dealer presentation that they indeed planned to build the long anticipated BOSS 302. Well sort of. He announced that they were ready to build another special edition Mustang but told the audience that he could not say what it was.

He then told the dealers that he could drop a hint. And then a 1970 BOSS 302 came rap-crackling across the stage behind him as he smiled ear to ear. “How is that for a hint?”, he asked as the room erupted in applause.

Well? Wouldn’t you applaud? The BOSS 302 is likely to be unveiled late this year. Whether it will be a 2011 model or a 2012 model is not yet known, but our bet is it will be a 2012 model which would put it on sale early next year. Horsepower is expected to get a bump by virtue of a special intake manifold and other modifications. Our friends in the GrandAm circles have told us the BOSS 302R engines are putting down 450hp on the track. When will it debut? It would seem that the SEMA show at Las Vegas in November would be a natural, but who knows.

One thing we will predict right here and now is that the BOSS 302 will be the most anticipated and fought over special edition Mustang since the 2007 Shelby GT-500. This means that dealers will be stacking on huge mark-ups and even auctioning them on Ebay to the highest bidder. Get ready. Expect it and don’t be blind sided. It’s going to happen. If you want one, get with your local dealership and start shoveling money at them to be first on the list.
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

BOSS 302 Mustang Confirmed Empty Re: BOSS 302 Mustang Confirmed

Post by 1fstroush Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:07 am

Let the drool commence!
1fstroush
1fstroush
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2099

http://www.myspace.com/1fstroush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:20 am

The above car will be out in the 3rd quarter of 2010.
oh and it will cost 80,000$,or for the grand am package makes it 120,000. The car is not street legal

Last edited by fastang08 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvee Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:22 pm

fastang08 wrote:The above car will be out in the 3rd quarter of 2010.
oh and it will cost 80,000$,or for the grand am package makes it 120,000. The car is not street legal

That's why when the time comes, I'm just going to buy a used FordGT for 80k and be done with it. So much more of a car. (Obviously that's a long way off.)
Wolvee
Wolvee
393 Stroker
393 Stroker

Male Number of posts : 1711
Humor : "I have nothing to declare but my genius."
My Name: : Mike
My Ride/Rides: : 01 F150
Mods: : 35's, 3" Body lift, soon to have a new 5.4 w/ some goodies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2525263

Back to top Go down

Post by Datmach Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:28 pm

Datmach
6 Cylinder
6 Cylinder

Male Number of posts : 96
My Ride/Rides: :
2005 scremin yellow vert
Mods: : more then some less then others

Back to top Go down

Post by mustangrn Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:24 pm

DO WANT!!
mustangrn
mustangrn
Small Block 351W
Small Block 351W

Female Number of posts : 554
Humor : Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics!!
My Ride/Rides: : 2007 Grabber Orange Mustang GT

Back to top Go down

Post by Danstang Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:50 pm

The Boss 302 @ the Woodward Dream Cruise:

BOSS 302 Mustang Confirmed DSCN2836
BOSS 302 Mustang Confirmed DSCN2837
BOSS 302 Mustang Confirmed DSCN2843
BOSS 302 Mustang Confirmed DSCN2842
BOSS 302 Mustang Confirmed DSCN2838
Danstang
Danstang
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3849
Humor : Forget 5 o'clock.....it's NOON somewhere!
My Name: : Dan
My Ride/Rides: : 2002 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey Metallic
Mods: : LRS CAI, Pro 5.0 shifter, Auburn HD differential, 3.73 gears, MAC O/R H-Pipe, CherryBomb cat-backs, '03 Cobra front bumper, '01 Cobra hood, Mach1 wheels (powdercoated), black wing, rear window louvers, Tokico lowering springs and struts, Ford Racing Cobra front control arms, UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Eibach rear sway bar, MAC caster/camber plates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down